I heard you guys like big words.Can anyone help me understand what this means?

I heard you guys like big words.Can anyone help me understand what this means?

>The intent of this performance was to attempt to poetically illustrate sexual perversions in relationship to and inspired by "queering" an architectural space. (Referencing consciousness and human connections.) Formula as follows; to begin, try presenting visual theories (or cues) of connecting to a space sexually by activating said space and or generating potential sexual desires and energies through using sound and imagery. Do not utilize obvious sexual references. Allow time for desire to develop. End result, creating a unified safe queer space.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/32685243
youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"I'm gonna cummmmmmmmmm"

How many fuckin bait threads so you people need?

>vimeo.com/32685243

Radical, dude.

why the fuck do PoMo theorists say space so much, even when it doesn't seem appropriate?

Space is big. Get with space.

Its not bait. My sister asked me about this. She moved to Manhattan's West Village recently.
Dont mistake this for one those /pol/ threads,

I guess this is where my sister found it. Is she becoming an artsy type?

Space is love, space is life

PoMo text really reads like the Turbo Encabulator.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

>Half the video is walking around getting the stuff ready for the "performance"

This is truly why this stuff is bad. Theyve lost all sense of the dramatic arts.

the artist did a weird thing to try and make people perceive things differently

This shit is actually hillarious.

>mentally damaged 80 iq lesbians trying to look deep and intellectual

god i hate this. it's overused in these artsy scenes, specifically art and architecture. my grilfriend's best friend who lives in brooklyn uses the word "space" for goddamn everything. it's become a vogue word, but i didn't think anyone else noticed it. i've started saying "area" or "room". every time i hear space i get a little annoyed, frankly.

You are going to be cucked by xir, my boy. Those kinds slowly becoming a very desirable.
Do post the ensuing drama sometime, I get off on NTR

Obscurantist pseud garbage

You're avoiding the question though.

I've never been connected to a place sexually

I wonder why the intent was to "attempt to poetically illustrate..." instead of simply "to poetically illustrate..."

It's like the writer is afraid of criticism and so uses "attempt" to excuse him/herself from failure.

its meaning is intentionally obscured, so you aren't going to get a consistent answer

That's exactly it, a distancing of oneself from the work to maintain maximum plausible deniability when criticism is leveled against it. The irony is that this type of work is, because if it's content and audience, affirmed and vindicated a priori.

>allow time for desire to develop

And if it doesn't? Has one failed to queer the space?

starting to think more and more that visual art is dead. someone point me in the direction of any modern artists doing anything interesting.

They wanted to show the results of what would happen if one would 'queer' human relationships/connections. They do so by doing presumably sexual, though not very obvious, gestures. What happens? You guessed it, it 'queers' the so-called space.

OP, whoever wrote this either doesn't really understand the material enough to make sense of it or they quite literally used a thesaurus for nearly every word.

It took me about 3 or 4 read throughs to understand this shit. I suspect this was just a randomly generated sentenced meant to troll us

>The intent of this performance was to attempt to poetically illustrate
we don't know what we're doing
>sexual perversions in relationship to and inspired by "queering" an architectural space.
homosexual safe-spaces always end up sexualized
>(Referencing consciousness and human connections.)
when there's people involved
>Formula as follows; to begin, try presenting visual theories (or cues) of connecting to a space sexually by activating said space and or generating potential sexual desires and energies through using sound and imagery.
It's the physical space that's making everyone horny, not the fact that it's a building full of homosexuals
>Do not utilize obvious sexual references.
Indulge in your obscure fetishes
>Allow time for desire to develop.
if you don't have any obscure fetishes, just give it a minute
>End result, creating a unified safe queer space.
The space is safe for gays now because we're all gay together. (If not, see previous step)

There's nothing to understand. Just a bunch of rich brats playing around and being degenerate. These "performances" are a dime a dozen in New York. I'm sure you've seen the one where a bunch of people run around in a circle with their hands up each others asses, stupid shit like that, marginally amusing but devoid of any sort of meaning or beauty, much like modern life in general.

There is no point in trying to understand what a person who uses the word "queer" as a verb is trying to say. To the extent that they are saying anything of substance, rather than using academic language as a status symbol, whatever they are saying is necessarily worthless.

It means that Jews are literally using architecture to promote degeneracy in our kids. Public spaces are literally being designed so they can function as gay BDSM sex dungeons. And Veeky Forums still says cultural marxism ain't real.

seriously this is beyond parody.
We have proof left wing academics are mentally POZZing people through subliminal messages encoded in public architecture.

Seriously why is nobody talking about this? This is scary shit.

the haven't read Zizek enough

funny and cringey

Good answer.

No wonder its on vimeo, trash like this is pretty abundant there.