>>8956341

Good for teenagers to strip away all the pretentious baggage that they might associate with literature but I worry that this style of education or entertainment does not sponsor a healthy reading habit or reading deeply and intently.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1J2CzNnS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>does not sponsor a healthy reading habit or reading deeply and intently.

It doesn't sponsor reading at all. Students just use it to fool teachers into thinking they've done their required reading. This is just a hip, fun supplement to sparknotes.

That's cool OP, but can you summarize the thug notes for me in a series of 140 character Tweets?

He retells To Kill a Mockingbird in 1 minute and 45 seconds without leaving out any important detail and thus saving you hours of reading a completely garbage novel that can't decide what story it wants to tell.

Thug Notes 10/10

Ye this

also it's really sad and gross and racist that this minstrel show is a thing

haha black people talk funny? dumb people talk about smart thing. hootily hoo

fuck white people

>that crinkling paper intro
DISGUSTING

Fuck you
The guy makes the shit himself.

It definitely makes me cringe a little

Black people worked on minstel shows

What's your point
A 'thug' is not something you would associate with literature. That's the point. Not his blackness but his thugness. Which is of course connected to him being black, but it's not the same thing.

With that's the point I meant that's the joke.

If it hurts your feelings you are free to see a counselor or whatever though.

Not going to lie, I'll watch his videos after I've read the work first. His analyses are usually decent, but it's more entertaining than anything else. Nothing wrong with that.

Buddy don't get your panties in a twist, it's just a surreal parody of reality. We all know niggers don't actually read anything.

>implying that the creator, a black man, wasn't smart enough to capitalize on ironic humor and has been unknowingly swindled by the white man to perpetrate racist rhetoric.
You're either giving white people too much credit, or validating claims that blacks are mentally inferior.

You also realize the guy is a comedian, right? Get over yourself. This isn't the work of white people.

He got me an A* in GCSE English literature when I copied his analysis of Of Mice and Men

>If it hurts your feelings you are free to see a counselor or whatever though.
people speak like this on a literature board

okay

Not an argument.

you must be over 18 to post here

I'm 20

Do you think people who in reality actually talk and dress like "thugs" read literature as a hobby?

white women are the fucking worst man

Yeah, there are a number of rappers that read.

you would be surprised

I liked the first season. The only problem I have is that there are only two elements to the show. The first is that he plays a character who is a thug, and the second being that he reviews good books. He stopped doing good books for the most part in the second season, and as such it became incredibly shit.

Seriously? I find it weirdly satisfying, and I usually dislike paper sounds

They really are, aren't they?

[Citation needed]

then surprise me

>Hates the paper crinkling sound
>Posts frog
I think you might be autistic.

>[Citation needed]
>being racist in 2017

wew

>the current year argument
I hope youre being ironic

I'm sure dumbass students try to use this as an even quicker Cliffnotes, but have you guys ever taken a fucking English class? He sums these up okay, but not in a way that would actually allow anyone to pass a class.

I think it's fucking hilarious, even if it's in that lowbrow "lol black people talk like thugs!" way. Check out Notes from the Underground, Invisible Man, and The Sun Also Rises for maximum effect.

>ironic

You solved another one sherlock.

Here you go user

Not him, and don't get me wrong, if 1% of niggers read I'm exaggerating, but

>I love Shakespeare. He wrote some of the rawest stories, man. I mean look at Romeo and Juliet. That's some serious ghetto shit. You got this guy Romeo from the Bloods who falls for Juliet, a female from the Crips, and everybody in both gangs are against them. So they have to sneak out and they end up dead for nothing. Real tragic stuff. And look how Shakespeare busts it up with Macbeth. He creates a tale about this king's wife who convinces a happy man to chase after her and kill her husband so he can take over the country. After he commits the murder, the dude starts having delusions just like in a Scarface song. I mean the king's wife just screws this guy's whole life up for nothing
>- Tupac Shakur

... granted though, now that I glance over it, his description of Lady Macbeth is simply inaccurate, but hey.

I don't feel much about him, but he's in this video for some reason and I appreciate his appearence

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1J2CzNnS8

It's not funny enough to keep me entertained and the analysis isn't smart enough to keep me interested. It fails for me in the two things it set out to do.

Witnessed, brother.

Some of the retellings are surprisingly concise and accurate given the format, but generally I feel his readings are too reductionist.

Deeply underrated.

jiggaboo uncle tom