STEM Software

What's some software that anyone interested in STEM or pursuing a degree in STEM should have?

chrome

microsoft excel

itunes

A distribution of GNU

C++, C, Fortran, Linux

Mathematica/Maple

windows explorer

It entirely depends what you're doing, STEM is a very broad field. Your question is retarded.

this right here. everyone is going to tell you i'm meming when i say that VB is the most useful language to know if you are involved in STEM. why? because its dev environment is included with all office software licenses and EVERYONE has it. 9/10 your boss is going to be too fuckin' cheap to spring for matlab or some other fancy dev package and even if he isn't your client will be.

learn VB, be king of the cubicle monkeys.

GNU+linux.
Use a real language like python not that kiddie shit.
>> EVERYONE has it
I don't have it.

I'm going to say it again. GNU+Linux. If you aren't using GNU+linux or at the very least some GNU, you are doing worthless shit.

>I don't have it.
>doesn't have excel

even if this is true, you will have it once you get a job as it comes with the windows license on your work computer.

you can call it kiddie shit, but its a psuedo standard for people who aren't full time programmers.

Talkin really general... you know what? I dont know. Everything that i have on my PC to some extend isnt used in some other STEM field.
So... really generally, you need PC with some internet browser.

SageMath

Autocad

pretty sure op means software that pertains to any field of stem, not all of them

Wolfram Alpha. Although most users here would be more comfortable with Wolfram Beta.

underrated post

Yeah I really don't have excel. My work computer runs GNU/Linux. Python and numpy are free as in freedom.

matlab

The last time I was suppose to use excel i used python to modify the file as needed instead. Excel is gay.

you have autism

solidworks

if you are simply good with math you can do engineer stuff right away with solid.
even if you feel like 3D printing a door-stop

Matlab

matlab or mathematica?

> his programming language needs a license

if you're on windows, notepad++

GCC 5.4 compiler
Matlab

those are basic undergrad necessities

If you are actually good with math, you don't use solidworks to print a door stop, you write your own door stop generator that directly outputs STLs

Matlab, Maple, Visual Studio, Windows 7, Notepad++, Virtualbox/VMware + PC-BSD, clang

>GNU

Kill yourselves you filth commies.