Who's up for a pissing contest Veeky Forums?

who's up for a pissing contest Veeky Forums?
how many pages do you read per day?

I read 100 pages yesterday and felt pretty good about myself

nearly 400 today

how? are you a fast reader?

a life wasted collected physical books. kek

Other user here. I also read 400 on a good day.
Today I haven't made much progress because I've been reading in italian, which I'm not fluent in yet.
OP, you suck.

Do you retain it well? How long does it take you, and what kind of books do you read?

how is that life wasted

i just read.

mine was in 110pages in English (not my native lang) and like 260-270 in my native lang.

>Do you retain well
I recognised lines from the Iliad in the Odyssey, that's halfway decent I guess?
>How long
Generally around one page one minute and a half.
>What
I'm reading Se una notte d'inverno un viaggatore now. I think I'll throw myself against Grapes later.

>Implying english is my native language.
Roflmao véi.
Don't throw that on translate, local expression.

i didnt imply.

goddamn I do suck

As many as the day before, plus one. I am up to 231.

I read about 450 pages a day on weekends. I read War and Peace in 3 days. AMA.

wow, must be taking some russian nootropics with that kind of brain power. slow down and save some books for the rest of us! LOL

Just caffeine and adderall.

It depends.

I read 60 pages of Borges yesterday over a few hours.

With Pynchon though, I usually read maybe 10 pages every 40ish minutes because he writing is more dense.

>Reading for comprehension
>Reading for enjoyment
>Not consuming as much as possible in as short a time frame as possibel to win dick measuring contests on the internet
You lost before the game even started.

This guy gets it.

I read nothing one day then soend the whole day reading the next usually.

Thread inspired me to stretch. I read 250 pages today over 4 hours.

> Being this much of a fucking pleb.

I read 450 pages every five seconds. AMA.

English professor,

About 500 pages every day. On a tough day, 300. I like to read a book a day.

That's with years and years of practice, though. I think in middle and high school in remained at about 200 pages

Like... 10... I know, it's awful, but I just get so damn exhausted when I read for some reason. How do I fix this?

About 45 minutes, on a bad day.

What the actual fuck, user.

There's no real problem with this.

The point of reading is generally enjoyment/enlightenment. If you want to get better the best thing is just to keep doing what you're doing. Eventually, you should start to feel like reading more. If you don't, that's okay though. At that rate you're still reading like a book a month which isn't bad at all considering that most people read one a year if that.

>pissing contest

Fair point, though I think it's most likely since I'm in a gray area about the book I'm reading (Stephen King's "The Dead Zone"), I'm about halfway through and there's no real plot going on. A bit interesting, but it has to ramp up soon or I'll throw it out the window.

Wow, just by typing this out it made the problem became quite clear. Hats off to you, user.

>the year 2000 and 17
>actually reading anything
>when you could have people reading to you all day long
What a bunch of faggots

>being this pathetic
I just download ebooks to my brain and already have knowledge of everything.

Underrated

Not really

250 yesterday 60 today

I think my record is like 300 pages, but that was the second Song of Ice and Fire book.

Like 50 pages max. I blame dense history and philosophy books and a busy job with long hours.

>Middle school
>200 page a day

I'm a school teacher. This sounds like pure bullshit.

Nope, raised by well read family so that sort of influenced

Also teaching middle school sounds like a hell hole

How many pages do you people read an hour?

I read around 30 pages, I think.

It really depends on what you read. I read fiction about three times faster than history.