Why did he go insane?

Why did he go insane?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18575181
cliffsnotes.com/literature/c/crime-and-punishment/summary-and-analysis/part-1-chapter-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bc he had to

Cancer/syphilis

He didn't.

I have no doubt the horse story is an exaggeration which has been constantly parroted by nu-males to form some sort of idealistic tormented figure in Nietzsche to set him up as a tormented God!

he just needed an excuse to move back in with his mom

realized schopenhauer was right & his whole life's work was a sham

He always was

Realized he was wrong about God

This

Somebody who keeps writing the same book over and over is bound to finally completely lose it.

the women around him

It wasn't degenerative though, the way either of those would have been.

He attained to the indelible truth.

lmao

Nietzsche was a fedora tipper who hate women. If Nietzsche was alive he would be posting 'fashy pepes' on /pol/

Go more into this

he probably had a tumor on his optical nerve which slowly lobotomized him according to the most recent medical studies of his symptoms.

No, he realised that he played the role of the man whipping the horse to death, trying to force it to stand when it is simply not going to happen. He realised that the rest of humanity are the dying horse, Nietzsche trying to whip them to stand but they simply cannot do it.

Brain cancer.

Continentals BTFO by Science yet again.

>run around almost completely blind and sick cunted out of your mind on self-prescribed drugs while being eaten by cancer for a few decades
>change the history of philosophy forever

These days he probably would have gotten an operation and chemo and actually would have become a NEET hobby gardener or something.

That doesn't sound completely moronic.

It was psychosomatic.

This is the one explanation both darkly hinted, constantly at the edge of our consciousness when we read of Nietzsche's life, but consciously disregarded. A physical explanation makes it all neater, doesn't it? It can't happen like in the books or movies where a person can drive themselves insane with their own harsh philosophies, can it?

Nietzsche, so to speak, "caused" his own madness. He wanted to be insane, to be the Dionysian man par excellence, and he got it in the end. Totally free from all constraints of logic, language, morality, common humanity whatsoever. His mind, which he used to disprove all the workings of the mind, his excessive rationality was used up. All he had left were his dumb, mute, horselike emotions in the end, preserved virginal throughout his sheltered and bitter life: the heart he never used.

It was probably just syphilis.

...yes it was. Take a look at his letters in the final few months of his sanity.

stop making people hate sam harris faggot

>It was psychosomatic.

Purely psychosomatic!

Lmaosodeepxddd

I like Sambo desu. Veeky Forums will never like him because he's not obscurantist enough

It was the only thing left to try. Transcending nihilism.

Mutter, ich bin dumm...

>Nietzsche
>Nihilist
Yes, you've obviously never read his work then.

where do i start with nietzche

Nice input, you fucking idiot!

Akame ga Kill.

'Beyond Good and Evil', 'On the Genealogy of Morality', and 'The Gay Science' are all good to start with. Get Kaufmann translations.

Tainted hooker.

he was too cool for school

He was ill from a young age and suffered constant bouts of various maladies. He also watched his entire country and much of Western Europe fall prey to a particularly vibrant antisemitism that relied on a belief in racial purity, and wrestled himself with the irrationality of such premises as an explanation for the dissonance of cultural practices that the post-colonial era brought to light. He had to end his long friendship with Wagner over this issue, in fact, and I suspect that when his brother-in-law took advantage of his infirm state to release parts of The Will to Power he never intended to be released to the public, using them to foment an even greater fervor toward an increasingly proto-fascist regime, his tenuous grasp on social conventions was shattered, driving him toward the Dionysian expression of madness in the end. Reason, it must have appeared, had ultimately lost, and we were doomed to suffer at the hands of a clumsy and unthinking power, like animals being whipped by an undeserving master. Hence, the horse; and hence the descent into a spiral of despair that would so easily be written off as insanity.

t. feminist neckbeard cuck
numerous inaccuracies in the post as well by the way

Brain cancer
Same illness his father died of

Thanks, boo. What's the inaccuracy? It's been fifteen years since my research, so if you have any fresh new tidbits to enlighten me with, I'd love to hear them.

fucking coward afraid of death

die

This exact thing happened in Crime and Punishment, which was published in 1866

this is unironically the only correct answer

(and this thread is full of disgusting human scum)

These are the only correct answers in a 40+ replies thread.
Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18575181

The rest of the thread is on the level of Christian interpretations of the Old Testament (see Daybreak: The Philology Of Christianity)

from the beginning

No, it really didn't.

>Posts a speculative article as a source
Yeah, I don't think so. Reminds me how apparently, according to modern "historians", every great man ever was actually a closet fag, or had some other depraved fetish. Really makes me think...

>No, it really didn't.
You're wrong. Please read more before posting on Veeky Forums. Thank you.

If you think ruling out other interpretations purely on medical possibilities, is 'speculative', then what the hell do you call the rest of the thread?

What do you call this garbage you are indirectly defending?

>Reminds me how apparently, according to modern "historians", every great man ever was actually a closet fag, or had some other depraved fetish.
The pubmed link has nothing to do with that outside of your diseased mind which links together all your opponents.

Choke on a dick please, fucking pseud leftie

Post the excerpt

>Links together all your opponents
What? Stop trying to sound profound, you moron. All opponents are linked, aren't they, cos' you know, they all share something in common, duh!
The reason I brought it up is because it's just some nonsense some pleb wrote a paper on based on nothing but speculation, then over time it becomes "accepted" to believe that he was a syphilis infected midget with a missing testicle and a fake moustache.

Fuck off and read more

Here's the cliffnotes:
cliffsnotes.com/literature/c/crime-and-punishment/summary-and-analysis/part-1-chapter-5

You're actually retarded and clearly did not read the article before commenting on its veracity. Before the new study of his symptoms it was commonly accepted that he was a syphilitic, and he was treated for syphilis during his life as doctors assumed his mental breakdown was due to syphilis, since this was the thing that people were typically committed for in the 19th century.

But studying both notes taken by his doctors at the sanatorium and observations from his sister, combined with other facts that make the syphilis diagnosis extremely unlikely (namely his madness letters/journals and how long he lived after his collapse) combined with his lifetime of well documented medical issues (beginning with his mother noticing one of his pupils was larger than the other, having poor vision in that eye then going blind in that eye) as well as his family history (his father died of some type of brain issue) a medical professional came to this conclusion. His symptoms were much more similar to those of a lobotomy patient, and if lobotomy had been a procedure in those days doctors likely would have noticed this. In fact an orderly did notice that Nietzsche did not seem to fit the bill of a syphilitic but the doctors ignored his concerns because they did not consider him to be an important enough patient to merit extra attention.

This is far divorced from the typical narrative of homosexuality which is mostly enabled by us projecting our values and sense of what is proper heterosexual male into the past which is funnily enough exactly what Nietzsche tells students of history NOT to do.

Read the fucking book you jackass

>implying he went insane

He didn't.

loneliness

first time i heard this perspective.

Names are fun! Unfortunately, they fail to substantially communicate any significant information in regards to the problems you might have with the referenced material. So, here's my response: WHEEEEEEEE!

It wasn't a book, it was an article from a journal of medicine.

You all realize we're no better than /b/ trying to count to 5 here, don't you?

Please sustain your energies and do not become enervated by the resistance to what you must consider basic logic, but which increasingly seems to be a dying language. Your perspective is incredibly valuable, and we need you. (N.B. - I'm sure this will seem sarcastic because of its context and the inability to state any authentic or genuine content in contemporaneity, but I must trust that your scholastic literacy will guide you in determining the esteem and respect in which you are held).

explain

is this some existential/absurdist shit?

thomas friedman is next

He realized the ascetic ideal is correct and that the will to power is just energized tyranny.

I think you need to go back to /b/. He was obviously talking about Crime and Punishment. I don't understand how your reading comprehension can be that bad.

It really did, dicktits.

You don't unleash some forces to the world without paying the price.

Beyond Good and Evil

im gunna shoke you to death with a shovel

Probably has something to do with amor fati, i.e. his fatalism.

he, like, went cray cray because he took the red pill and saw how deep the rabbit hole goes, man!

Yup. Conflated two simultaneous discussions, one of which was talking about C & P, the other of which was the medical journal. I think it's because was replying to and simultaneously in order to save time instead of responding to both separately, and I wound up getting confused somehow.

>shoke
Is that a portmanteau of "shake" and "choke" whereby you would thrust a shovel down my trachea and, hefting the weight of my entire body with it, rattle back and forth with the handle until I asphyxiate?

You must really dig someone to be able to pull that off.

I'm blushing

>shovel
>dig someone
Pff

Biology. He was sick and weak most of his life, took tons of drugs and ate weird.

Can someone give me the quick tabs on this guy?