SPACE FACTS!

Hey guys! I want to know, what's your favorite space fact?

Mine is that pluto has a big ole heart

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules–Corona_Borealis_Great_Wall
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch?wprov=sfla1
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/weirdastronomy.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fact: Only jello babies and blind colonists will inhabit Mars.

Where can I get a jello baby? Looks rly tasty tbqh

Universe is infinite

"The time it takes to get from one star to another star is... and see, you need to travel at the speed of light. And us humans can't even... fathom the concept of that kind of time because it's really really really really really really really really fun! To think about taking a speed of light ride."
-Jimes Tooper

space is so big you cant see it

The moon and the sun coincidentally are the same size in the sky.

Infinities in real life don't exist though.

We would have colonized this star system and had generation ships well on there way by now if Abrahamic religions never existed.

Carl Sagan commissioned 2 golden records to be launched into space on the voyager and pioneer vessels. They contained instructions on how to play them, an image of a man and a woman, our location in the galaxy, and when the record was played, music and images would be seen of earth.

>facts
>hypothesizing about anthropological constructs' influence on the present
>facts

The IQ of the Earth species tends to be higher on Whites than other races.

It has been scientifically proven that non whites have low IQ when compared to the white race.

It is still pending to see what will be done about the Low IQ problem but, hopefully, the white earthlings will just genocide the non whites.

That's fucken weird

>It is still pending to see what will be done about the Low IQ problem

/pol/ containment board

That's its butt.

"If you could put the universe in a tube you would end up with a very long tube, probably extending twice the size of the universe" - Dr H Donna Gust

Awarded "Best Global Club" at the International Dance Music Awards in 2005, 2006, 2012, and again in 2013.

Saturn has roughly the same average density as a milkshake.

Plus it has THIS bit of weirdness going on.

Venus is spinning the opposite direction of the rest of the planets in our solar system

biggest object in the universe besides OPs mom:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules–Corona_Borealis_Great_Wall

I think the coolest space fact is that either other life forms exist, or they don't and we are all alone. Both are equally scary/fascinating

"There are more Stars in our Galaxy than bikes in my garage" -Black Science Man

I have no idea if this is trolling or not, fuck.

XD post this to /r/Veeky Forums!!!!!

Thanks to the vacuum of space and nature of gravity, a spacecraft can be navigated around the solar system, which is full of ridiculously complex structures like the sun and planets, all moving in relation to one another, with a small table of figures, a slide rule, and some dead reckoning.

Think about how you can idealize Jupiter as a point in space with a keep-out zone for the purposes of a gravity assist. In the grand scheme, it seems absurdly simple and convenient to me!

+1

Thanks for this reddit!

Two things about space freak me out
>eventually, on the scale of trillions of years, everything will be so spread out/redshifted that there will be nothing in the observable universe outside of our galaxy and some local galaxies
>any number of things could randomly end life on Earth (collision with a giant undetected asteroid, gamma rays stripping the atmosphere, rogue planet approaching our solar system and fucking up Earth's orbit just to name a few) and we would be absolutely helpless to do anything about it

After we get really far apart from other galaxies we'll get real close to each other.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch?wprov=sfla1

digestion begins in the mouth

And by the time they get anywhere at all, that information will have eroded away from radiation. Whole thing was a gimmick to get the damn thing funded. Which I don't disapprove of.

Yeah we see that effect in some experiments. Some sort of resonant turbulence, I forget the terms involved.

Big crunch seems unlikely because of the universes accelerated expansion. Entropy causing heat death is far more likely. At least on the trillion-year time scales

>accelerating universe
>big crunch

user eventually it's going to just be nothing but cold subatomic soup for all eternity.

projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/weirdastronomy.php

All of this

Nice bait

lmao

The IQ of the Earth species tends to be higher on those with greater semetic origin than other races with less genetic semetic make up.

It has been scientifically proven that non Semites have low IQ when compared to those with high amounts of semetic genes.

It is still pending to see what will be done about the low IQ problem but, hopefully, the Semetic earthlings will just genocide those whose genetic make up they deem do not meet their semetic standards.

>ftfy

Sure, but it's still cool and all.

Dude that's litterally the face of the cartoon dog Pluto. They're playing you in plain sight.

The black O shaped thing in pic related is Loki-Patera on the moon Io. The black stuff is molten lava. Loki Patera is the largest lava lake in the solar system, it's about 250 km wide. It was recent found to have giant lava waves

"Every star you see in the night sky is actually a sun"

Most stars are red dwarfs.
Red dwarfs can live TRILLIONS of years.
No red dwarf has EVER died (since the big bang).

That's not a heart, you stupid.

Nasa and Disney
Fooling the world.

It's possible to drive a car in space but only as long as you have gas. If you want to slow down breaks won't work so you need to bring a parachute to create drag. This is why aliens use solar power instead of cars, nasa is currently working on devolping a hybrid alien-car ship that can travel throughout the galaxy in mere parsecs.
Pic related. It's an alien space ship on the surface of jupiters third moon, the moon. It was recovered by CIA drones.

>No red dwarf has EVER died

Nor has one ever been alive.

Think about that for a moment.

Mind = blown