Who is your penfu, Veeky Forums?

Who is your penfu, Veeky Forums?

For me, it's the Zebra Jimnie Medium Retractable.
Smooth writing experience with a comfortable grip.

These are amazing given the price

Why do people like GEL-INK pens?

I tried to get into fountain pens but realized that my peers would think im even more autistic so I still use the pilot g2 pens. Also fountain pen too much when broke

just get a bic dude lmao

>Not being apart of the cheeky Papermate flex grip master race

For me, its the
Pilot Hi-Tec/G-Tec C
Uniball Signo DX
Zebra Sarasa Clip

With tips around 0.25mm - 0.4mm

Mynigga.jpg

cheap, but can do a nice stuff with this

This

It's always quantity over quality when it comes to pens

Gel ink pens have a more consistent line than other types, require less pressure to write, don't bleed through paper, and if they're pigment ink, they're waterproof and don't fade.

it's too fatiguing to write with ballpoints for long periods, and they're not really legible if you try to write small

Uniball jetstream sxn-210

You know those cheap plastic pens you might get from a bank, insurer, or hospital? With the curvy design.
I have one I like and just swap out an ink tube when it gets low.

These hit the sweet spot of not being too expensive, lasting a long time, and feeling comfy af

>yall have autism
>nigers

>not using stone tablets

I never really liked Pilot G2 pens that much. Aside from being the "best selling gel ink pen in america" it has little else to offer. Pilot has better products than that, with comparable prices even.

>Pilot has better products than that, with comparable prices even.

Yeah, the Pilot P-500 is better. Although it's ugly. Or the Precise V5 RT. Uni-Ball makes the best commodity gel pens. The Zebra Sarasa is okay too. The Pentel Energel has the best feel by far, but the ink is dye based (hence not waterproof and prone to fading).

Muji 0.38mm is my one true penfu. Japan does everything best. Writes smoothly, thin line, dries quickly, variety of colors, doesn't bleed through printer/cheap lined paper. Only problem is the ink runs out quickly. Their erasable pens are also GOAT but are susceptible to high heat if you like to write next to a furnace or in your car with the windows closed on a sunny Texas summer day, and only come in 4 colors afaik. I also use the sakura pigma 01 pens in different colors but they're more tiring to write with since you cannot write while pressing down and you have to hold them straight up. My normal person penfu is the pilot the better pen.

A Monteverde Invincia Deluxe inked up with Diamine Havasu Turquoise

>Pilot has better products than that

Amen

Pic related

I have been rockin' the G2s for the exam season myself, 10/10 would rate

/our pen/

it's has to be the pilot v-ball loose rollerball pen, with a 0.5 mm nib. nothing comes close.

I found cheap Chinese gel pens are mostly great. If you don't mind sticking to plain 0.5mm black, red or blue, you can get M&G or Baoke pens from ebay or whatever. Or you can just buy a box of retractable refills and use them in a G2 or whatever. They're like 95% as good as Uni-Ball, and considerably cheaper.

Having tried pretty much every ballpoint ever, I have to say the Acroball is my top pick.

The Zebra Sarasa series of products is great. Smooth writing and ink that will endure even if you spill acetone on your lab notebook.

Yep I pretty much hated ballpoint pens till I got the acroball, it's top notch.

The Uni-Ball Jetstream and Pentel Vicuna are close too.

That's true of any pigment-based ink, though. I think the Sakura Ballsign/Gelly Roll are supposed to be the most resistant to stuff.

Generally ballpoint ink will fade in sunlight and dissolve in nonpolar solvents. Dye ink (used in most fountain pens and rollerball pens, some gel pens) will also fade in sunlight and dissolve in polar solvents. Pigment ink for the most part is impervious to everything. Although depending on the ink formulation it might smear a little if it gets wet.