Help

I`ve been helping my kid with his homework, but this task i keep getting some irrational numbers.

Can someone help me please, i know this i just cant seem to find what am i doing wrong, thanks.

Isolate the x and y's onto one side and the regular number onto the other side, for each equation.
You now have simoultaneous eqns, google that if you don't how to do them.

[math]
\dfrac{4x+5y}{3}=\dfrac{x-3y}{2}+4
\Leftrightarrow\dfrac{8x+10y}{3}=x-3y+8\\ \\
\Leftrightarrow 8x+10y=3x-9y+24 \quad \mathbf{\Leftrightarrow\quad 5x+19y=24 \quad (1)} \\ \\
[/math]

[math]
\dfrac{3x+y}{2}=\dfrac{2x+7y}{3}-1
\Leftrightarrow\dfrac{9x+3y}{2}=2x+7y-3\\

\Leftrightarrow 9x+3y=4x+14y-6 \quad \Leftrightarrow\quad \mathbf{5x-11y=-6 \quad (2)}\\ \\

\mathbf{(1)-(2):}\quad 19y-(-11y)=24-(-6)\Leftrightarrow 30y=30 \Leftrightarrow y=1 \Leftrightarrow x=1
[/math]

>I can't multiply by 6: the post
Veeky Forums keeps getting better and better

people like you shouldn't reproduce

kek

Hey user, which textbook is that? Can I find it online?

> i keep getting some irrational numbers
lol how nigga

I've been an engineering student for the last 5 years (about to get that masters!!!) and I can't comprehend how someone could be incapable of solving something like this.
If for whatever reason I saw this on an exam I'd fucking praise the lord and go home early and fuck OP's wife while his retarded kid watches.

>operating on rational numbers
>gets irrational numbers
Haha what.

HaHa this reminds me of the time when my idiot little brother got a job tutoring kids even though he was still in high school. He had to call me so many times on the phone for help on basic shit.

How is it that people can't do basic algebra? Do rationals scare people or something?

do imaginarys scare people or sth ?
do transzendentals scare ppl or sth?
does topology scare ppl ?

DO I SCARE PPL ?

>my kid
Lol okay. I guess if you were good at making up lies you'd be smart enough to do middle school algebra.

Why are you people so mean?
it's not an interesting or hard problem so the the time it takes you to write these comments, you could just as easily provided advice or the answer instead of being so mean and condescending!

x and y both equal 1, brainlet.

guess who's usually paying for remedies - parents who don't have a clue about the given subject (or else they would help their kids themselves) of kids that have trouble with it. So no one can really tell you know jack shit.

maybe because the answer was already provided?

That's true, but then why even take the time out of your day just to put someone down! They made an effort to be rude,

u sir are an asshole