Thoughts on pic related?

Thoughts on pic related?

Effay

hardest book ever created

I'm honestly gonna but it just because it looks cool. Title's cash af too b

boring. hated all the characters. was supposed to be hard but was easy. dumb niggers. only good part was the nigger fucking with benjy. corncob sucks.

Great review, yours seems to be a very valuable opinion and I'll definitely give it a second thought after I complete this post

Favorite novel of all time. Faulkner's powers of characterization, perspective, and psychology are simply unparalleled.

he's not wrong though.

Read it when I was 16, was lost and it made me feel retarded but I think I was rushing my first read through so I tried it again.

Now I think it's a great book.

God tier prose.

First two chapters are fantastic. Last two are relatively weak. The Quentin chapter is one of the best and most emotional chapters in all of literature.

I unironically think the same.

I still need to read absalom, absalom, but i think the quentin chapter has faulkner flexing his mastery of stream of consciousness that made me hallucinate of my sister being a whore.

Brilliant, second and fourth chapters are my favorite. I didn't pick up on how Faulkner was breaking linearity until the beginning of Quentin's chapter so I think the first chapter might be worth a re-read. I thought the third was somewhat disappointing because of the traditional narrative present and I was initially hoping the fourth would be from Caddy's perspective but I think the closing chapter is perfect as it is.

I've got As I Lay Dying on my shelf but won't be home until summer so I guess Faulkner has to wait

Offensive to the neuroatypical.

>LOL THE MENTALLY DISABLED PEOPLE TALK FUNNY!

Fuck the privileged pos that wrote this

In the process of reading this book.

Having a real hard time, I must admit. A book that will have to be read more than once at least.

He writes like a retard.

>Tfw two characters with same name that aren't properly distinguished until the appendix because first person
Faulkner it isn't funny.

Op, I liked it, but I prefer AILD

underrated post

I enjoyed as AILD a lot as well; I just haven't read The Sound and the Fury and I've heard it's difficult and pretty good as well.

Absalom, Absalom! has stream of consciousness but it's more biblical in style than anything. He doesn't get better than Quentin's chapter.

Yeah, if you have a sister you're close to (I do) the Quentin chapter (and the whole book) is crushing.