NASA Astronauts

NASA just selected their newest Astronaut Candidates. These guys are incredible. Check out their bios.

nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/astronauts/candidates

>These are the people you have to compete against

>tfw u will never be an astronaut

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XXYTslG1IEE
youtube.com/watch?v=h8XNBNmTs3Y
nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/robb-kulin/biography
nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/candidates
icecores.org/indepth/2011/spring/taylor-glacier.shtml
nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/zena-cardman/biography
nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/astronauts/candidates
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They all look to be very well qualified, I wish them the best.

Strange to think it's possible that one of the first people on mars may be in that group.

Will be at least 20 more years until a manned Mars mission

>The California native trained and operated as a Navy SEAL, completing more than 100 combat operations and earning a Silver Star and Bronze Star with Combat “V”. Afterward, he went on to complete a degree in Mathematics at the University of San Diego and a Doctorate of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.

Holy fuck.

>The Asian Navy SEAL with an MD from Harvard
Kek. Other than that and the pilots, just seems like typical qualified grads from top schools.

>people who will never fly into space because Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and SpaceX are incapable of getting their shit together

>Not having won the Medal of Honor (or an equivalent award), an Olympic Gold medal, and a Nobel Prize while having both an MD and a PhD

I wouldn't mind pounding that big eared qt from behind
pull her ears back and everything

Astronaut ACTOR Candidates*

NASA seem to have gender quotas. Will they have sex in space?

>u will never be an astronaut
Gee, I wonder why

That's incredibly ableist

Human space exploration is a waste of money. Robots are more cost effective. Inb4 we need human space exploration to expand through the solar system.

Bullshit, once we send people to mars we are going to plant a flag, leave, and never go back. Just like what happened with the moon landing. But the thing is there's nothing after Mars, nothing with quite the public spectacle of putting man on another planet for the first time. Once we do Mars, it's over.

Now with robots we can actually test and develop the technologies necessary to expand into the solar system a lot more reasonably than if we just do a one shot to Mars

What did you expect? They're not going to send some autistic guy who can't even handle being hugged into one of the most dangerous and stressful environments possible. They only want people that have proven they can handle even the bleakest and most difficult situations imaginable and still come out on top and remain level headed.

Fucking NASA, that team is seriously lacking in diversity. It's fucking 70% white. And males STILL outnumber females...

Space Age fucking When.

Elon better delivers

>The guy that was a navy seal for 10 years and then got a b.s. in math followed by a degree in medicine.

And now he's gonna be an astronaut too? What a legend

And if one comes sooner than that, it will not be a NASA mission.

But they look to be in their late twenties or thirties. So twenty years from now, they might be in position to be the senior leader that such a mission might require.

The twelve men that walked on the moon ranged in age from 36 (Charlie Duke) to 47 (Alan Shepard). The average age was 40 years and 3 months.

they already did. Not even kidding. They did a science experiment about the effects of zero-gravity on sex.
If I remember correctly the participants remained anonymous.
People fucked in space duude

They should hire Shaolin Monks then.

youtube.com/watch?v=XXYTslG1IEE

youtube.com/watch?v=h8XNBNmTs3Y

Sup Reddit ;^)

>That Bamer master's
Roll muhfuggin tide

>literally all manlets or women
I suppose that's one way to save money. Smaller spaceships.

>Check out their bios.
Their Bios?

Kayla Barron - from Washington - Cambridge Nuclear E (glorified MechE) MSc , System E BSc.

Zena Cardman - from Virginia - Marine Bio MSc
Biology = Meh

Raja Chari - Pajeet - MIT AeroE (glorified MechE) MSc
Poo in Loo. Shit in Space. Selected because Diversity & Racial Quota.

Matthew Dominick - from Colorado - SystemE MSc + EE BSc
System Engineering = Meme

Bob Hines - from Pennsylvania - AeroE (glorified MechE) MSc

Warren Hoburg - from Pennsylvania - CS & EE PhD + AeroE (glorified MechE) BSc
CS PhD is Filthy. EE PhD is Fine.

Jonny Kim - Korean - Harvard Doctor of Medicine + Math BSc
Math Medic Gook. His Asian Father still disappointed because His Asian Son didn't achieved enough.
Selected because Diversity & Racial Quota.

Robb Kulin - from Alaska -UCal San Diego's Material & Mech Eng PhD
OK

Jasmin Moghbeli - Iranian Muslim - MIT Aerospace (glorified MechE) MSc
Alahu Ackbar, behead those who insult NASA, Death for Flat Earther Infidels.

Loral O’Hara - from Kansas - AeroE (glorified MechE) MSc

Frank Rubio - Florida Cuban Hispanic Latino - Doctor of Medicine
Donald Trump says "All Drug Dealers, Criminals & Rapists".

Jessica Watkins - Nigger - Environmental Sci BSc + Geology PhD
Ghetto Nigger. The most Brainlet in the Crew. Environmental is for Brainlets. Selected because Diversity & Racial Quota.

brainlet white college dropout projecting their failures on to others detected

have fun serving mcdonalds while these people are astronauts - but at least YOU didn't make it only because of a diversity quota, right?
kys faggot.

>navy seal for 10 years
>100 combat operations
>bs maths
>doctorate in medicine
>and now he's an astronaut

The model man
you should go be like him lad

>Muslim
isn't space travel forbidden for them?

Imagine going through all this, getting accepted into astronaut squad and then going nowhere because all space exploration programs keep getting cancelled when the next president gets elected. And then you are too old and have to retire.

I wonder if this is a shitpost or you are actually so insecure that you would say this.

WTF there is only 1 (one) nigger, and it's only an eighth nigger!
Racial quota should dictate there should be at least 2 (two), where can I press charge?

Irabian-Americans are pretty meh about religion(hence why they left Iran).

>being this jealous
Stop crying anytime my dude

>Once we do Mars, it's over.

>implying men will land on mars

>thinking we landed on the moon

this is the problem with space flight.

all you have are a handful of military officers and PHDs.

space flight needs to be brought down. to make it like being an airline pilot. where any Joe can get spaceflight added to their pilot license and then rated for Dragon, Souyz, Orion, etc.

when its only 5 people a year doing it, it'll always be reserved for some special retards

climate Veeky Forumsentist user here,

mfw my bro Robb got it he was my ice driller in Taylor Glacier, Antarctica
nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/robb-kulin/biography

Is that really the best they could find ?
I mean even with shitskin and vagina quotas ?

Why don't we monetize satellite station models as space hotels? You could put them all over the solar system spacing them out just enough so that travel wouldn't be too far in between them. It seems like it has the potential to work.

This rustles the dyels here. The fact a Veeky Forumsizen type can into math scares them.

"Les femmes c'est la mort d'une profession"

I don't want to become an astronaut anymore, if it's to babble climate and diversity propaganda to the tv while i have to deal with women and homo erectus not doing their job.

How am I supposed to not end it all if there's people like him?

By the modern day diversity standards the picture in the op is practically an SS recruitment poster.

True that, I tought that the challenger explosions had stoped those attempts to put regular people into space.

Cool dat, Christa mcaullifen received a red apple before entering the Challenger.

>Dr. Jonny Kim has been selected by NASA to join the 2017 Astronaut Candidate Class. He will report for duty in August 2017. The California native trained and operated as a Navy SEAL, completing more than 100 combat operations and earning a Silver Star and Bronze Star with Combat “V”. Afterward, he went on to complete a degree in Mathematics at the University of San Diego and a Doctorate of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.

kek
seems made up doesn't it?

Hello geeks i have a question for you. Isen't it a agreed fact that the universe will reach equilibrium, meaning nothing will react. But what about gravity? Won't gravity always be a potenial energy source for things to react indefinitely, througe heat reactions or just energy transfers? Also i want know how you can deny god. What is the start of the universe? Is it just unknown? how can you deny god then, or do you say that the mass have been there forever? But that is impossibole if you are supposed to be a so called rational scientist.

nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/candidates

Korean Dr. Jonny Kim
>Completed more than 100 combat operations and earning a Silver and Bronze Star with Combat “V”.
>He went on to complete a degree in Mathematics at the University of San Diego and a Doctorate of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.

Asians really try hard

Nigger Jessica Watkins
>Bachelor’s degree in Geological and Environmental Sciences at Stanford University, >Doctorate in Geology from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).

Dat NIGGA BITC iz Bachelah N Envirow Scian N SHIEEET.

awesome!

what is he like? did he stand out in particular as a someone who posses the character/skills to be an astronaut?

>70% white

>No mathematicians
Space was gay anyways, I don't need this shit.

>oh shit the oxygen tank is leaking
>let me quickly calculate the time remaining till we all die horribly

>>let me quickly calculate the time remaining till we all die horribly

Eh, that is too complicated. That said, I can give you a lower and upperbound for the time remaining till we die depending on a constant and prove that the constant may be chosen arbitrarily small.

Why do I feel like a large portion of this was the result of a diversity quota

icecores.org/indepth/2011/spring/taylor-glacier.shtml

He's super awesome and dependable, with great humor and his background in both material engineering and mountain rescue means you'll never run out of topic to talk to him. At the time, his dream of becoming an astronaut seemed crazy, like dude your Ph.D. is in the physics of bone fracture what does it have anything to do with being an astronaut but hey he made it and I'm shitposting in Canadian otter conservation imageboard. The first time around applying to be astronaut he got rejected, and he padded his resume by working with SpaceX (despite having PhD in unrelated field) and padded his flight hours as a pilot.

With respect to us pussy scientists, he seemed like a bit of a daredevil with taking risk and doing McGuyver stuff with the drill equipment in the field, but everything is always under control and he never really risked the whole project. I guess that's something that you want in an astronaut, to be able to take initiative and invent your way out of trouble with some juryrigged bullshit that you made on the spot, which in all is the essence to be a good ice core driller because things always go wrong in weird and unpredictable manner

wow. he seems to have a really great all-round character.

thanks for answering

The Korean Dr. Jonny Kim is
BSc Mathematics at the University of San Diego
MD at Harvard Medical School.
Pilot with Silver and Bronze Star in combat operations.

Jessica Watkins WUZ Environmental Geologist KANGZ N SHIEEET

B-but NASA does not real. Are these people programmed? Prove they were actually born in real life.

Another crew of highly intelligent, capable people wasted on idiotic space missions with absolutely jack shit utility for humanity, paid for by you, the tax payer.

Face it, space is empty and boring, there is no new world and no aliums.

They cant mars it.
NASA got rid of of the tech that took them to moon.
Don Pettit said so.
He even said no rocket took man to space.
Plus the van Allen radiation belts.
Why do they talk about going to mars.
NASA is full of crap.

See..check it out. Watch before YouTube takes it down.
Disclosure coming soon.
Moon landing was a big ol SIIIIIIIKE!
I'm sure we won't get our money back either. All those years...
I know it's tough but..welcome to end times.
Hahaha..Man I wonder what excuse they'll come up with.
I'm sure something major is happening and it'll be too late to stop it.

Man made barrier? Surrounding the earth..?
What they didn't see it..?
See where it says we're changing space itself.
There ya go. Time to switch things up.
Spill more crap.
That ain't made man barrier.
It's the van Allen radiation belt..but again they are changing space itself.
It's not radiation too btw.
It's Gods firmament which he called heaven. Stars are just lights IN the firmament.

It's either a man made barrier that man created...or it's the van Allen radiation belt.
We'll never know with NASA

Now do the same with their families and political connections and you might actually come up with something interesting.

Haha they're gonna get scared and shit themselves but people really need to wake up.
Trump and congress giving NASA 19 billion..for what? More multi million budgets for videos and pictures that are fake...hell they ain't trying anymore.
Oh check out NASA picture of Mars south pole.

Looks like swiss cheese or something

Lets take a moment to realize how many of these future Astronauts have engineering degrees and how many have pure science/math degrees.

Hell, the word astronaut says it all.
Astro-Not.

Manlets can't be astronauts fyi

>Lets take a moment to realize how many of these future Astronauts have engineering degrees and how many have pure science/math degrees.

>Manlets can't be astronauts

There are many Physicists & Mathematicians working at NASA on the Ground.

But Astronauts must be also physically Veeky Forums (Chad)
Not just top tier Stem degree.
NASA also need Pilots, people with experience in piloting Air-crafts.

Most Physicists & Mathematicians aren't Physically Veeky Forums enough.

I mean if you were a NASA astronaut would you really do an AMA thread on Veeky Forums?

No, but i'd still post on 4chins though.

if I wanted some comfy bants I would
Reddit would just be hoards of faggots begging to tongue my asshole

Need a modified navy seal pasta for this one
>what the fuck did you say about me, you little earthling?

Astronauts are guinea pigs to see how space fucks you up. We learn so much from their misfortune.

Fuck humanity

Fuck you dumb brainlet animals.

>Height between 62 and 75 inches

dr. kim could definitely fuck your shit up senpai.

why the fuck would elites want their kids to be hurtling through space for years? regardless of diversity factor or not, these people are going to be doing some dangerous shit so hats off to them.

kek teenage nihilist thought science fiction would become reality and he'll make his mom happy by getting as far away from her as possible in space.

nah budyy, you're stuck here

Earth is flat

dub trips checkd
>modified navy seal pasta for this one
this could be fucking awesome someone please tailor it to Dr. Kim's actual accomplishments

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Mars, and I have over 300 confirmed CASEVACs. I am trained in emergency medicine and I’m the top combat lifesaver in the entire Astronaut Candidate Corps. You are nothing to me but just another trauma patient. I will revive you with surgical precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this galaxy, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with dying on my watch? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of medical personnel across the solar system and your coordinates are being traced right now so you better prepare for surgery, maggot. The procedure that brings back the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’ve never been so healthy, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can heal you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in battlefield trauma, but I have access to the entire medical supply of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and I will use it to its full extent to resuscitate your miserable ass anywhere in the supercluster, you little shit. If only you could have known what advanced medical care your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying for Shuttle for Life, you goddamn idiot. I will apply tourniquets all over you and you won't bleed out because of them. You’re fucking alive and well, kiddo.

Dr. Jonny Kim.

His IQ must be insanely high

NASA Astronaut Candidate.

Korean-American raised in California.

BSc in Mathematics, summa cum laude from the University of San Diego.

Doctorate of Medicine from Harvard Medical School.

Served in the US Navy as a combat medic on more than 100 combat operations in Middle East.
Earning a Silver Star and Bronze Star with Combat “V”

Source: www.nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/jonny-kim/biography

>a bunch of NASA moonfag shills
This whole board is a bunch of shills. The mods are actively shutting down legitimate debate about round earth hoaxers.

You have to back to .

Stop crying, bitch. You wish

>t. was rejected by NASA for the 20th time

Wow I'm such a shit man myself.

Wrong.

L-M is in the business of lowering a bilge pump into the treasury and pump hard. They are very successful, financially. And immune to what happens to the projects.

Inj any other country the executives would have been executed.

>Strange to think it's possible that one of the first people on mars may be in that group.
Hopefully. And NASA mighth have the same idea:
nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/zena-cardman/biography
>Her research has focused on microorganisms in subsurface environments, ranging from caves to deep sea sediments. Cardman’s field experience includes multiple Antarctic expeditions, work aboard research vessels as both scientist and crew, and NASA analog missions in British Columbia, Idaho, and Hawaii.

>nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/astronauts/candidates
In addition to being fully military/academia/Hollywood approved in a way propaganda artists could only dream of in their most feverish dreams it is rather noticeable there is such a focus on cold climate geology and battle front experience.

NASA knows something we do not, preparing for something on Mars...

The fuck?

Tentacles, you mean?

Who's projecting now you fucking idiot.

I share your sentiment

The ultimate Veeky Forums-Veeky Forums inspiration.

>mfw I know someone who makes most of them look like brainlets
>mfw he's an autistic 20yo NEET

so why are so many of them military? is there something to fight in space or what is it that they are picking military ppl

>>trained and operated as a Navy SEAL, completing more than 100 combat operations and earning a Silver Star and Bronze Star with Combat “V”
>a Veeky Forumsizen type