There is something i dont understand about oceans, they say oceans have different temperatures...

there is something i dont understand about oceans, they say oceans have different temperatures, and they say all oceans are connected, then how come they have different temperatures if they are all connected ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Px6fajpSio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

user, set your hand on fire. Notice how your foot is now not as hot as your hand, despite the fact that they're connected.

not the same thing.... ocean is water, water is fluid, flesh is not fluid

put water in pot, boil it, it is same temperature

If you're just going to call the very dumbed down explanations given to you because you're a retarded crossboarder wrong then you can just get out of here with your retardation.

wow you sure are retarded

fucking retarded faggots

>calls other people retarded when he has to ask a question like this that not even children are dumb enough to not be able to figure out on their own

>being this autistic without being ironic

this cant be real.... get the fuck out newfag

lol

How fast does temperature travel?

Let's get to the bottom of this.

It takes time for heat to propagate.

>put water in pot, boil it, it is same temperature
On the other hand, if you pour a pot of hot water into a cool swimming pool, it will take a while for the temperature to average out. The region near where you poured it will remain warmer for awhile.

The oceans are not static. There are currents, and they are heating and cooling at different rates because of sunlight and other factors. So the temperatures will never even out.

It's like when you piss in the swimming pool and there's a warm spot

>It takes time for heat to propagate.
And after billions of years, the oceans still aren't the same temperature?

>On the other hand, if you pour a pot of hot water into a cool swimming pool, it will take a while for the temperature to average out.
Yes but it won't take billions of years.

>So the temperatures will never even out.
So now you're saying that temperature doesn't travel? The first law of thermodynamics would like to have a word with you.

You missed the part where I said

> they are heating and cooling at different rates because of sunlight and other factors

There is a constant input of heat from primarily one large source (the Sun)

what if its a very small pool
like a bucket?

Lol the earth spins dumb dumb. It isn't all getting heated up at the same time. It's also spinning with a tilt, so not all of the earth is getting as hot as other parts during the day. You know, the day/night cycle and seasons? Really complex shit here I know.

You missed the part where I said

"Yes but it won't take billions of years."

This is your logic:

>There is a constant input of heat from primarily one large source

>but the constant input of heat after BILLIONS of years isn't enough to make the heat travel through the whole ocean? The heat just randomly decided to stop traveling at a certain point? seems legit.

>what is thermodynamics

op been skipping his high school physics class

You're just being obtuse.
If you can't figure it out then you're wasting everyone's time.

I don't know if you're really this stupid or just being a prick. Well have fun.

>why is the night air cooler than the day during summer doi de doi

Avoid bait, hide bait, shun bait.

What about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=5Px6fajpSio

You are not a flat earth fellow, right?

Regardless, you have to take into consideration that the oceans are not warmed from all sides at the same time. The sun warms a portion of this area, depending on the rotation speed of the earth and the angle of the axis of the rotation.
Next thing is to realize that this warming effect is counteracted by transference of the local heat to the earth below - cooling.
Does this make more sense to you?

Please write a biography, there needs to be records and studies conducted about your simple life.

We are born by the bait
Made men by the bait
Undone by the bait