What is the male equivalent of this...

What is the male equivalent of this? I want to read about young qt grills fighting over a generic young male self insert
Preferably not written to be YA and written by a man
Hard mode: written by a man over 40 that also passes for patrician lit
No depressing shit pleas I just wanted to feel good it's not fair girls have this

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sword_Art_Online_light_novels
novelupdates.com/genre/harem/?st=1&col=2,4&sort=trate&order=desc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aren't there a bunch of Chinese cartoons on this theme?

Kek

anime

harem anime

I mean in book format

this

manga

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sword_Art_Online_light_novels

Generic as fuck, if you get tired of that boring shit give the Log Horizon light novel a try.

>young qt grills fighting over a generic young male self insert

that would be Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert Heinlein.

> opinionated old fuck maintains a stable of three hot "secretaries"
> young man raised on Mars comes to Earth and seduces them away from him

Sorry, only manga really suits that theme. Love Hina or Negima would be about perfect.

Mike's not a good self-insert
he starts out as a retarded man from another planet and then there's a timeskip and he's the messiah of free love orgies and cannibalism

Initial D

>it's not fair girls have this

Oh grow up you little wanker.

literally any heinlein. heinleins portrayed worlds of free love kind of fall apart when you realise people are narcissistic in real life.

wheel of time has the chosen one of destiny and his

childhood friend
childhood mentor
exotic foreign girl

all fighting over him for pretty much 14 books

I got really into Heinlein in college
I remember in "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" the particular flavor of polyamory was something he called "Line Marriage" where you just kept inducting progressively younger people into the marriage, and they were supposed to sleep with the oldest guy in the marriage on their honeymoon.

But then the girl ended up ditching the old guy to sleep with the protagonist anyway so it was like "why bother introducing this concept if you're not going to do anything with it"

I mean of course it was just free love propaganda/the fantasies of an aging science fiction author, but still

shit man, did you ever read time enough for love? it's a deconstruction of incest, and he's in pseudo relationships with his two daughters and time travelled back and fell in love with his mother

i mean christ he writes great stories but.

i loved in the moon is a harsh mistress how the moon forces it's independance by chucking rocks down the gravity well. so simple, but so effective.

novelupdates.com/genre/harem/?st=1&col=2,4&sort=trate&order=desc
Just avoid those with a female protagonist

>Hard mode: written by a man over 40 that also passes for patrician lit
No such thing

"Tarnsman Of Gor" has some themes like that. Just dont read the sequels.

Literally all of them that aren't gayshit or 4 cute girls doing nothing for 12 episodes

>Chinese cartoons o
like what