Have you ever considered becoming a librarian, Veeky Forums?

Have you ever considered becoming a librarian, Veeky Forums?

I'm thinking of doing a Masters in Librarian studies. Basically I'm looking for a job where I can do a lot of sitting down at a computer with nothing to do so I can write in free time while I'm working.

No, I couldn't stand to see women walking around in a library like they have any business there, or as if they belong

I hope to work in a Legal or College library. Hopefully a few less ditzy chick-lit reading women.

>Masters in Librarian studies
this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard

>guaranteed 40-45k starting for 3-4 days a week
>goes up to 80k if you can become a county librarian

It's a comfy life

library science is one of few jobs 100% guaranteed to be automated my dude don't bother

If I could do it all again, I would've done a librarian degree straight after school as it only takes a year, and then worked as a librarian whilst doing my bachelor degree.

Hindsight eh?

It's the standard, minimum degree to become a librarian.

What do you mean? It takes a year but it's a graduate degree. You need to do a 4 year degree first.

That sounds pretty neat. My job is more or less the same. (I mean the whole having a lot of free time to do other things) Good luck with that OP

In my country you can do any primary degree and then do the one year masters. I've been doing creative writing and I'll do the librarian masters when I'm finished with it.

What's your job?

it doesn't matter, op wants to be a writer.

It's one of my personal ambitions to become an American Duke of Roxburghe and collect like 10,000 books in a nice home library. And I'm hoping to get old books, unedited, as-they-wer-written books, and make a hobby out of restoring or republishing them.

I started my own business, and have a plan to accomplish this with the earnings I get from it. Before now, it never occurred to me to get a degree.

Here in Australia there are different courses, but I think at a certificate level (which takes a year) you can qualify yourself to become a base level librarian.

You cannot get a job in a library without it.

it would be, but it's a government thing, so it will be very slow to adapt to this.

I know people with jobs at libraries that do not have it. But who the fuck would want that job anyways, work at a capitalist bookstore, they are better anyways

You get paid much more to be a librarian, you work shorter hours, and the job is cushy enough that you can write during working hours.

but you have no soul

You realize you have to go to school for 10 years to be a librarian, right? You also can't be a straight white man.

>Masters in Librarian studies
We have computers now faggot, the old cunts at the library right now that got a degree before they invented light bulbs can keep their shit until they die but I am writing an email to Trump right now telling him to cut funding for all faggots who want to make big bucks on the government dole just for scanning my fucking books.

There are so few librarian jobs available, and generally those who get them stay for 30-40 years.

Good luck

>literally no one ITT knows what a librarian is
>have never set foot in a library
>Veeky Forums

Not even joking, suicide is the only option for you.

lol, what a rich comment

Law student here. There are more of them than ever here.

You know that automated scanners are already in libraries right? And the people that used to scan them were library techs not librarians.

I blame the Legally Blonde franchise. Suddenly, every woman with a 140 LSAT score thought they could be Elle Woods.

>The Virtue Continuum
Such a useless knowledge.

So many Veeky Forums people don't know what a librarian is. Not everyone who works in a library is a librarian. There is a hierarchy: librarian > library technician > library clerk.

>there is an user in this thread who doesn't understand what Library And Information Science is
>on MY /lit

I'm going to fucking riot