How do I stop subvocalizing?

How do I stop subvocalizing?

practice

i just looked up what this is and didn't know i was supposed to stop

pls tell us how to eben start practicing this

How do I practice? Should I use nootropics?

Force yourself. Make an active effort not to, and soon it will be second nature.

Why does it matter?

but literally when I read I word, I dont know what the word is until I say it to myself. It's immediate. I wouldn't know how to start

ye
not subvocalizing helps you read faster. you also dont look like a tard in public.

>reading in public

No thanks.

Also, why would I want to read faster?

Uh.... are you autistic by chance?

>why would I want to read faster

what the fuck

>be me
>go on Veeky Forums
>someone posts about subvocalizing
>p...p.....ppp....prrr....prac....practoose? >no.....prac.... practice?
>ruh roh, have to check with my mom
>why would i want to read faster? (when i have mommy)

fuck me im gay for formatting poorly

Wait, so subvocalizing is stuttering over words? I thought it was just moving lips when reading.

Well, never mind then.

no, you are right, its just moving lips and making subtle sounds is for gays

i exaggerated, my bad

Damn, I don't want to be gay. Time to stop subvocalizing...

What is subvocalizing? Why do people care about Hume so much?

subvocalizing: being gay

dunno bout hume, stupid name

Because he is important. Also, he is semi-based.

Explain how he is semi-based.

Subvocalizing is hearing the words in your head when you read. It's bad for books that you want to gain information from, but for most literature, it makes reading less enjoyable as you don't feel the rhythm of the text.

Because I semi-like him

I feel this. I just like the way some things are written; I can't help subvocalizing in those cases.

For what reason(s)?

mostly only do this when reading poetry or anything that is meant to have rhythmic impact

He carries the idea of empiricism to its inheritable extreme, and his ideas are more lucid and logical than Berkeley's. However, Kant's ideas (for example, his explanation of space and time as a priori, as well as synthetic a priori knowledge as being possible) put a few holes in Hume.

He is semi-based.

>He carries the idea of empiricism to its inheritable extreme
Can you elaborate a little? He was a critic of Descartes, right?

Never forget that Harold Bloom thinks that one should read aloud let alone subvocalize.

I have been validated

Not subvocalising is only the beginning, I have taught myself to not proto-subvocalise. It's a term I coined myself and describes the act of breaking down pages and sentences into their constituent words as we recognise them based our perception of the words' meanings. When done right I don't even see words, I absorb the entire page in a single glance, not even thinking about what the words means, but rather experiencing what I would receive from the page had I read it normally instead. It's difficult to describe but it's a fantastic technique. I go into a sort of trance when I get going, appearing to blankly stare at the page like a fool, but in truth it is the person watching me who is a fool, as I can and have read tomes such as War and Peace, IJ, GR, Women and Men and 2666 in a single sitting of only a few hours.

fuck non-subvoc scum. subvocalization is wonderful. i subvoc and can go through three hundred pages in a day. don't trust the memesters.

yes, but what does that have to do with anything?

I thought it was just reading the words in your head, even without moving your lips at all

this is my favourite meme. it cracks me up just imagining some gullible fucks genuinely trying to stop subvocalizing to no avail and/or thinking they're a retard all their lives, kek

you're just trying to trick me into keeping on doing it so i remain a retard, i see your tricks fuck off

Why shouldn't I subvocalize? It isn't a race and the act of actually saying the word, even in my head, helps me appreciate prose better.

Didn't realize that people subvocalized past childhood until recently to be honest. I've been trying to get back into doing it so I can appreciate prose better though but it's hard when you haven't done it for years.

you must do it really fast then, which kills the rhythm and meter given by subvocalizing, rendering it pointless
great job

harold bloom also reads too fast to be able to subvocalize, so theres that.

Some books should be, some others shouldn't. Who could read the Ullyses if not shouting it?

>his subvoc doesn't transcend time, affording him leisure with which to simulate normie time perception within regimented mental spheres
jeez, you plebby lot are really lagging behind.

Not true.
>people speed reading dense works
lel

you don't want to do that or you instantly don't matter. also asking this question shows you have no appreciation for poetry and therefore you are a pleb

Speak louder.

No you dumbass, subvocalization is good for texts that you're trying to learn from. Speedreading textbooks etc is not a good idea, you speed read articles and Veeky Forums posts, not stuff you actually care about understanding.

>No you dumbass, subvocalization is good for texts that you're trying to learn from.

why are you trying to reason with the plebs? let it go

Top kek

The Veeky Forums Prince has arrived.

Does subvocalising mean making actual noise with your larynx?
Or
Saying the words in your head? The definition isn't clear

How can you read and not say things in your head? It doesn't even make sense. I can't comprehend it.

>Tfw speed reader
>Tell people you don't subvocalize
>In reality, you're just subvocalizing really really fast

Because he BTFO reason. There are no rational grounds for inductive reasoning.

It's when you say words in your head, which produces small larynx movements. There's nothing wrong with it and it helps with comprehension by adding an auditory dimension to your reading.