I have emailed over 200 professors throughout the entirety of the USA asking them questions on very high-level...

I have emailed over 200 professors throughout the entirety of the USA asking them questions on very high-level particulars in Philosophy and none of them fucking reply, what the fuck!!!!!!!!!!!

What

the questions were probably just too difficult for them :)

Just fucking reply to me!!!!!!

Post here what you wrote to them. We'll be able to tell you if you come off as fucking stupid and not worth replying to.

A good magician never reveals his secrets :)

Try Quora.

I emailed Chomsky a dumb question and get a reply within 4 minutes at like 12 am. Pretty sure he has an office team that answers emails or something because that can't be possible

Chomsky here. What's up?

What did you ask?

pic or it didn't happen

something like if he still holds the positions he did 50 years ago and what has changed or something. It was a pretty generic response that I got. forget what it said exactly

email yourself.

[email protected]

"Please read the following before sending any e-mail:
Since Professor Chomsky receives literally hundreds of e-mails per day, however, we ask that correspondents exercise responsibility and discretion before writing him"

I emailed Bloom about Shakespeare and got a response within the work week. Pretty simple desu

I once emailed a professor regarding a paper a few years back and got a swift reply. Can't remember what it was about, but he was helpful.

I should add, it was regarding a biological paper he wrote. He wasn't a huge name in the field either.

You have got to be the most insufferable cunt if you can't get a single reply out of 200 sent emails.

[Help!] The Philosopher I Like Won’t Respond to My Emails (´・ω・`)

Lol I'm imagining he used some over the top purple language.

frick off to DQN bro

>I have been shouting on the street corner at more than 200 literal strangers about my weird philosophical revelations and no one will stop their own meaningful life enough to humour me and maybe even buy me a cup of coffee I'm so lonely.

FUCK OFF!!!!!!

I have sincerely formulated the next ground-breaking piece of philosophical inquiry. I have already completed my first manuscript and have shown up to the offices of multiple professors in my city and other cities, none of them fucking reply to me!!! They all ask me to leave and reject reading my manuscript the moment I tell them I am not a student!!!

What the actual fuck? Don't they think there may be the slightest chance I have something of merit?

>I have sincerely formulated the next ground-breaking piece of philosophical inquiry
Post it.

No, it's a 400 page inquiry into an entirely new and groundbreaking spectrum of Philosophy. It's the natural conclusion to all the Philosophical development of the 20th century.

this, you need to explain a little what your groundbreaking stuff is. I am in a similar situation.

Then publish it online for free

Oh look, everyone has all of the answers now

Same here! I'm talking to a number of publishing houses now. :-)

>I show up to the building site, DEMANDING that they all stop what they're doing and create my masterpiece blueprint instead of the building they are contractually obliged and paid in advance to make, and they look at me like I'm some kind of annoyance!

If it is so good, what do you need from the professors?

No one would read it if I did that and it wouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.

I hate the academic community so much, they are all no different to musicians who try hard to get big and then grow bitter and won't help anyone who was once in their position.

I honestly don't know what I can do. I tried sending my manuscript to an editor and they couldn't understand it whatsoever. The manuscript has to be written in such a way as to work from the ground up and change the very structure by which people think, because of this, the editor couldn't get it whatsoever. He was still reading it from the perspective of his previous philosophical biases and when I tried to explain to him that he should stop thinking and just LOOK, he looked at me with a blank face.

Some sort of oversight, critique or new pathway by which I can expand the text.

I may be convinced that it is ground-breaking but I'm not so arrogant that I think it is full-proof. I need someone with credentials to shit on it for me or praise it so that I can calmly go through with the whole process.

>I have created a masterpiece
>if people can't understand it that's THEIR fault
Sounds about right.

EXPLAIN YOUR FUCKING PHILOSOPHY OR GO AWAY

Serious?

>calmly go through with the whole process.
Bullshit. You are frantically trying to get this into the world with as little effort as possible.

Using your music analogy, you want nothing more than to be "discovered".

I am not going to let my work be published without MY name.

Give us the broad strokes of a single argument you're trying to make.

And you have the nerve to bash the academic system...

I get the sense this the same old repackaged attempt at integrating a few different epistemological threads into a NEW AND IMPROVED THEORY OF EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE SOLD AT A CONVENIENCE STORE NEAR YOU!!

Fuck this, I'm going to burn it.

give me a fucking break, you have 400 pages of groundbreaking philosophy, do you think I am going to take your couple hundred words explaining it and write a book on it? You are going to have to explain what your philosophy is to people wanting to buy your book, might as well have a little practice.

Burn yourself with it and film the whole thing. Then you can finally be famous, as is your true ambition here.

>Then you can finally be famous, as is your true ambition here.

Wrong!

Oh nooo user don't, your crackpot ideas are going to change the world, what would we do without them

but you are the one who wont publish it online for free out of fear no one will read it and praise you for your genius

i twitted nick land and he mentioned me in a comment full of unintelligible things

>patrician genius writes his masterpiece
>burns it

Why would I publish something if no one will read it?

>
>I am not going to let my work be published without MY name.

elitists ignore everyone

The 20 posters in this thread want to read it. The longer you refuse to share any of it leads me to believe either it's embarrassingly stupid and poorly written, or you haven't written anything at all.

uni emails filter random fucks like you as spam. do you have a .edu address?

But I am emailing for a University email.

I'd rather commit suicide than associate myself with this place.

More people will read it online, especially if it's good, than the number of people who will read it if it never gets published at all

>for a university email.
>for
Unless there was an automated typo here then you really are stupid.

awww, does babby need some attention whore

And yet here you are. Got it all figured out, don't you?

Jealous?

I will publish this manuscript one day and post here on the release date.

FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!

Looking forward to the desperate drunken post where you finally just pastebin the whole thing.

>6 months from now OP comes to Veeky Forums
>some of you guys are alright, don't go to Barnes & Noble tomorrow
>leaves 400 page manifesto in complete gibberish

A university more likely...

Now I want to know what professors he emailed just to make sure I don't go to one of those universities

Bud...how did you think this thread was going to go?

You believe your ideas will change the world and the only thing stopping you are some arbitrary outside forces beyond your control. You are not behaving rationally because you are suffering from a mental illness.

I have no medical or psychiatric background but even I can recognize delusions of grandeur and persecution. I truly hope you seek the help that you need and please don't hurt anyone or yourself. People with schizophrenia can lead long and fulfilling lives with the proper treatment.

*irrationally

Definitely not rationally

I am a God.

>full-proof

Ask of he likes chocolate next.

there's a spectrum all right, but you're the one on it

he better be afraid
EEEEEEEE

In this episode of "user struggles with mental illness ".....

Fucking kek. That got me

they are probably stealing your ideas as we speak!

I sent an article to Alain de Benoist I thought he might find interesting not expecting a reply and he replied with warm thanks wtf i love fascists now

This sounds exactly like what Icycalm/Alex Kierkegaard would do

Except he posts his philosophy online for free.

That you confuse the two only shows your inability to comprehend the subject.

>everyone falling for this bait
>he literally posted this exact same thread last week

>It's the natural conclusion to all the Philosophical development of the 20th century
So it's 16 years too late?

>when I tried to explain to him that he should stop thinking and just LOOK, he looked at me with a blank face
Sounds like exactly what you asked for tbphwy

but did he hold them or not?

Did you make sure you typed their e-mail correctly? Have you called your local email operator?

I remember you posted this many months ago.

t. human computer