Do white males use their patriarchal omnipresence...

Do white males use their patriarchal omnipresence, along with the psychobabble myth of "innate writing ability" and "being gifted", to create the illusion that writing is innate only to white males and thus by proxy to commit psychological warfare on minority voices and authors?

Is the idea that writing can in fact serve as a narrative in any function a whitesplain in itself?

*patriarchal omnipresence in the writing community

nigga tf u talking about?

I want to shoot you in the back of a Wendy's parking lot

This world is fucking boring, cancerous garbage. Nowhere on the planet is worth living because it's all the same shit: shopping and shitty restaurants.

"Oh but user, duh mooziiums!"
What am I supposed to do, go to the same fucking museum 400 fucking times?

Also, all the people are shit too. Boring, stupid, disloyal. How can a planet be this fucking wretched?

No, they don't. If you can write, write. If you can't, don't blame it on some patriarchal scheme. Art is just a manifestation of human expression. It's that simple. Besides, some people simply do have talent over others. You wouldn't blame the patriarchial white overlords if someone has the talent of mowing grass really fucking well, would you? Obviously it can be said that there are people greater than others at mowing grass, is that concept invented to terrify and demean the lowly non-mowing minorities? Cmon. If you want to create art, well, do it, hell, if you want to publish? do that too. but if you demand to be beloved by everyone who views your art, then you're just a selfish twit, black or white, man or woman.

Caraposter, you come to Veeky Forums too?

Visit four hundred museums one time each :)

So why do you think white males have such an instinctive gut reaction toward the idea of shooting women if they step out line?

OP is an /lgbt/ shitposter
/thread

can one not be an annoyance without the lens of feminimity? seems to me by casting your identity as a woman in issues such as this does nothing but limit proper discourse of ideas. when the distinction is forced into that vein, is it really the feminimity itself that's a problem, or the needless addition of irrelevancies?

what?

huh

To some extent: yes, especially in the past. But writing is also a uniquely subversive medium, and the myth of fittedness is definitely being eroded. Though talent is a real, existent ability, it's not as easy as being born with it, having a proclivity towards it, or training it. Luck and status are incredibly important

I think the sheer strangeness of your question requires some evidence on your behalf.

To an extent, it's #notthatdeep though
Any time a profession is gatekept by a certain group they manipulate language surrounding the profession to further the gate-keeping. It's getting better though

no one implied it was deep except for you. Why are you using hashtags. Reading and writing, in a sense, is blind - like many other arts. If it's good people will like it. The question distilled is do white males commit psychological warfare on minority's and female's - sure, to the extent any human regardless of race or gender would do so in any sense.

Yikes, you sure took that personally, and the hashtags are because the phrase "not that deep" is, when hashtagged, a meme. Yet, this is Veeky Forums, not twitter, rendering the hashtags ironic.
The question when not distilled to a point where it loses its meaning is "does psychological warfare occur in academics", which it does in the form of gate-keeping (current powerful members restricting group access to those who are different). Reading might be "blind" but publishing isn't. Also it should go without saying that prejudices affect both the type of authors one chooses to read and they way they interpret material

I don't think it looses its meaning at all in the way I described it considering how the OP phrased her post. They might have well have said is there any hope for me I'm being oppressed by whitey.

While I would agree with you on the point that it probably was worse than it is now, I would need examples rather than conjecture regarding "current powerful members restricting access to those that are different). Your point on prejudices implies my point that we are all humans and prejudice to some extent i.e. it goes both ways.

loses rather

#KillAllMen

>commit psychological warfare on

Can anyone give some examples of this?

Are there a number of women in the world that; Have a decent amount of money + have an interest in literature?

Who is stopping them from grouping together and starting a press/publishing house?

cant believe I 8 the b8

The majority of people who work in publishing are women. Minority writers have been actively pushed for decades. A woman would have to have a massive victim complex to believe in OP's rubbish.

Redpilled intellectual here.

Name me one women or one nonwhite who can write as well as Shakespeare/Dante/Homer. Let's face it. Their simply inferior

i can

>Veeky Forums
>hashtags
>yikes
Just fucking leave, love.

I think most writers are disposable. There's so much great literature around (mostly white male written) that we could read avidly for a life time and not exhaust the supply.
And most lit readers read for pleasure, so they have no obligation to read anybody they don't feel like reading.
So women writers are doomed to neglect and starvation to be desu

I'd like to believe that people like op don't really exist... I'd... really like that.

I'm sure you do. You should look into why you have such a pathological wish