Write what's on your mind

Write what's on your mind

when is it my turn for a gf

Im reading the quran rn and the female recitations audios really puts me in the arabic mood so i really feel the quran. But the book keeps repeating "god is most forgiving and merciful", gets old real quick. I also like to smoke weed and listen to arabic music and read quran, music really influences my mindset and how i approach and interpret the reading. I have class tmr at 9am and i didnt prepare for any of them but ill keep reading this quran and go to bed later. Btw im not muslim im just reading cause i smoked weed once and came to conclusion that if i read all the religious books of all major religions(there r 12) i would be able to see through religion. Maybe actually there are a lot of gods in god realm but they all (most)claim to be the sole god and the more followers they have the more powerful they become. Maybe the gods are just memeing humanity or maybe i smoked too much weed and im going crazy. But i plan to read the holy texts of the 12 major classical religions and come to a conclusion.

Why read literature? If things go into the canon if they have high artistic merit and impact on society why do some people here say a work has to "have a conversation" with [a work from] the canon? What does that even mean? Is it possible to even finish reading everything? Even finishing the Greeks would take years.

The greatest dichotomy of our time is between poultry and dairy. Egg and milk. Mayonnaise and cheese.

She wants do to butt stuff. I'm a happy man.

Literature is mainly empty entertainment. It doesn't really teach anything. You are better off studying STEM or creating your own philosophy through observation and instrospection.

You have been reading the wrong books then

Something practical, useful? No, DFW or Joyce don't teach anything.

Pondering over the perennial question:
To be,or not.

Change is impossible. It is idealized, some immaculate conception of self, a lie against the jagged reality life is only the reactionary stagnation of equilibrium, that there is naught but the confluence of hunger and necessity, that we drift from one stream of influence into another, ever wayward with neither course nor abeyance. There is no change, only progress, a joke of inertia and the smallness of our estate.

...and then you posted an anime

Entropy

I wanna find a cute girl to pee on my face

What the hell!? I thought the exact samething.

>mongolian basket-weaving consortium

fucking flu

While helping some friends i might have fucked my life up big time, won' t have an answer until it's next week.
I have work to do and it feels like i am working in the last days before my execution.

>I have work to do and it feels like i am working in the last days before my execution.

Just another day at the office.

My dog is dying and I can only watch.

>tfw should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across the floors of silent seas

For your enjoyment and education.

You could kill it

Have you tried looking on the internet?

I want to write more but I have nothing worth saying. I keep spitting up pseud emo garbage and it drives me crazy. I think I try too hard to come up with something profound, and it ends up as the same tired bullshit.

you could kill yourself

damn Whiplash was a good movie. I wonder what happens after the ending.

loled

JK Simmons wins the Oscar and Miles "Scarface" Teller finally gets laid.

I made an ass of myself today. I was spending some time with a college friend of mine when some other guy joined us. Him and my friend really hit it off immediately, engaging in enthusiastic discussions about their (somewhat common) hobbies, and I just started feeling like the fifth wheel. I ended up trying to "win back" some attention by talking about creative projects I'll probably never even attempt, let alone finish. It was awkward and transparently attention-seeking, and now I feel embarrassed because I'm technically too old for this shit.

Plato is very archaic.

I'm a STEMfag tantalized by literature and philosophy, finally realizing that I'll never be truly happy with only one life.

I feel endlessly lonely with no one to relate to. Everyone else is smarter than me or just doesn't care about what I do.

"Whats on my mind, huh? " She laughed, curling her tongue in her mouth and making a puckered face, "Sure, if you think you can handle it;" she kept her sideways glance as small and sly as possible. Good. He hadn't noticed it - so the vision of his surprised, near choke of a reaction amused her greatly. Gave her good parts a jolt. She took a big gulp of whisky to help swallow her laugh.
And he was impressed by this too.
And he ordered them another.
They drank the second whikys in big gulps together, without word, but touching glasses and glances.
Then, she finally divulged, taking a deep breath: "I've been thinking about the trajectory of humanity, and my place in it. Haunted by my ideas... damn near torturing myself over how I'm not doing enough. How I need to try harder to make people understand the urgency of the situation!"

She wished he'd stop her - but looking up at his face, fully and without guile for the first time she was ashamed.
Ashamed she'd assumed it'd been a game to him.
Ashamed because he was genuine, and serious. He really wanted to know what she was thinking about... He cared because he cared about her, and had the means to make things happen.

So she made eye contact with the bartender, slowly nodding and continuing on, "I mean, humanity progressing and man becoming a multi-planetary species is what I want; more than anything; I am not suggesting we stay terrestrial! It's just... I do not trust that humanity will stay advanced once unleashed into space."
"How do you mean?"
"Tethering us on Earth we have governments, and taboos and ten thousand years of culture holding us to standards, and even still we're debatably...advanced." She laughed a bitter laugh, "we dance with despicable, and think its darling. Seriously, we have great ideas - and man has accomplished so much it fills my heart and really gets me excited about the future! The cosmos! I want to be alive when we find a way to implant new sensory organs, so I can experience it all! I'd love to look at you with ultra-violet vision, and to truly comprehend other dimensions or to experience time the way, say, a cicada does. Haha I mean - the next few generations of people are going to have a lot of power, a lot of technology and tools.... I just don't want them to be the cavemen we are today. " pounding her fist on the bar, "Christ we still watch football! The NFL and nuclear weapons should not exist in the same time! We should have advanced out of our brutality before building the bombs. We're risk the possibility of blowing our big, beautiful brains right out of existence!" She looked back at his face for the first time, aiming to catch her breath, but catching her breah in her throat instead.

Oh god, she'd done it. Ran her mouth - who knows what she said; she'd had so much to drink.... too much to drink, again.

>being this much of a utilitarian
kys >>>>>>>>>/reddit/

If you were truly Veeky Forums, you'd take your doggo behind your house and blow its brains out with your firearm.

Tried dating sites if that's what you mean, but haven't even gotten so much as a date off them, much less an opportunity to pop the piss question.

>Write what's on your mind

If I was able to effectively do this, I wouldn't be browsing Veeky Forums right now.

What's on yours?

>Gave her good parts a jolt

>realizing that I'll never be truly happy with only one life.
Sucks, don't it?

And life is lonely sometimes. People don't care because they're too busy being lonely too. Find a way to be happy without them.

I would like to be a great writer. I would like the things I write to be read a thousand years from now. This is what I want and it's what I tell people.

I don't think it's wrong to want this. Sometimes here on Veeky Forums people get upset at writers striving for greatness, as though in the striving they've lost the idea of writing for the joy of it.

I'm fully willing to admit that I might just be a wanker who wants legend and fame and fortune, but I really don't think I do. I do love to write. Writing brings me more joy than nearly anything. I adore writing. But I also want to make my writing genuinely well-remembered. I want people to read my writing.

I'm so lonely I'm thinking of turning gay for a while.

Exploring the depths of electronic music right now. Kinda wish i could just do acid or shrooms and listen to music for hours while contemplating life desu.

I feel you, keep at it

i did this but i couldnt even get gay guys to like me desu

kys

Im in the same boat, but i have some relatable interests with my friends. Try becoming more diverse in your knowledge if you crave relation through it. That, or, stop comparing yourself with other people and make due with what you've got

I don't have the guts, plus time is running out really fast anyway and I'll soon be an old man.

That's a bummer.

Dubs of quality. Great narration, pulled me in.

i will never have time to study all the art science and literature i want

this saddens me

I am probably the oldest man on this board, and yet, you're the only people I talk to.

I love you weabs and pseuds and teenagers and those high schoolers that sneak into the board browsing and the inspiring writers.

I love you guys. I published a recent book of mine to you all. Hopefully some day, you will come across an italicized "anonymous" on a page in a classic.

That's his charm. Nihilism is so pervasive in contemporary culture. It's nice sometimes to entertain the notion that there is absolute Truth, Beauty, Goodness and that we'll unite with these Ideas in eternal Oneness, after our time here in this fragmented, confusing world of becoming.

Thanks pops. Love ya too.

There's nothing interesting about reality, the only interesting things in the world are the people living in it; buildings derive their interestingness out of the creative activity of the architect. The universe is inherent reason, nothing can comprehend its dynamism but God, and because God is good he is continually comprehending it, hence we exist. We search for meaning, but will never find it, not because of some deficiency of the intellect or the senses -it's incorrect to say that humans are these good little creatures longing for noble things like meaning and not finding it- not because of some deficiency of the intellect or of the senses, but because we truly don't want it.
We are always awkwardly fixated, always in this cosmically uncomfortable posture because we can't let go of ourselves, and our dreams, yes, no matter how noble your dreams are you will never realize them, because you don't want to.
Two choices, either kill your dreams with your own hands, or wait for them to turn inward on you and devour your soul.
I'm not saying give up! There's a difference!
To die and thereby live is better than to live and thereby die!

one one one
who am I
who are you
touch the sky
kill the dew
who is to know
what we should do
despite we try
to go for you

I can't read
you fucking cunt
get out and go
and smoke a blunt

I will be going to university later this year, despite having never gone to high school and well into my 20's. The dean of admissions was keen on having a NM in Chess.
I wonder if my classmates will look down on me as my peers in Chess do.

Shut the fuck up, I will find you and murder your family. His charm? Fuck you, you talk like plato didn't personally believe the things he wrote, you have a hard time seeing past thinkers as human beings because you're an autistic epicurean who couldn't make a genuine study of literature if his life depended on it, the number of hours you spend playing video games dwarfs the time you spend on reading.

In my teens my parents never gave shit about taking me or giving me money to go the dentist and fixing my teeth even when I asked them to, my younger brat of a sister got braces immediately when she was 14.

i have become pathetic

fell in love with someone i see every day, and who i want to forget with every inch of my heart

listening to her laugh shoots through my heart, like when you learn of terrible news

can't be with her, but i can't avoid her either

my life is already pathetic and a horrible person, yet i feel selfish enough to desire affection from others

i think i have some sort of personality disorder. i am emotionally manipulative because i can't get people to care for me without doing it

i just want human connection and the thing called love that everyone talks about, but the way people conduct themselves in public is so horridly fake that it boggles me

i wouldn't even know what my regular personality is, i live up to a personality that i created

i have underdeveloped coping skills, and i have started to cut myself like an idiot

now i can't stop, and i hate myself even more for it because i know how fucking stupid it is

one day i will just cut deeper than i should

haven't seen dad since i was 9, wonder if he is alive right now, and what he is doing

im hoping donald trump puts up the wall solely so i can become a smuggler who reunites families as a jackal, and smuggles mexican/american goods across the border. ill have a steady line of work, and ill be able to provide for myself.

fingers crossed desu

>listening to her laugh shoots through my heart
>the thing called love that everyone talks about
>horridly fake
>boggles me

You must be 18+ to post here.

Don't feel sorry for yourself, you have every right to, but don't. You are in a tight spot, you don't want to change but you also don't want to remain how you are.
Personally I think the reason people don't want to change is because of the people they know; they feel like if they are going to be reborn then they aren't going to do it here, they want to do it some place where they know nobody.
But remember, no prophet is accepted in his hometown.
On another note, I know you love this girl, but know your prerogatives, if you can't have her then you move on, painful as it is, there are more perfect things out there.

i deserve my pain

Are you God now?
People don't belong to anybody, not even themselves, for you to decide your own worth is prideful. Self-deprecation isn't humility (not that you are trying to be humble), sometimes it's the opposite, and when it takes the form of suicide it becomes the worst kind of pride.

My Pride never did me any good!

When I say pride I mean it in a bad way.

what you said is part of why I am flawed. I recognize what my problems are yet I am incapable of fixing them, and I hate myself for that

There's a reason for that, you don't want to destroy those things which are enshrined in your current set of habits.
You can't stay in the garden forever, if the chick doesn't crack its shell it dies.
It's like this, in life all your hopes and dreams are always right in front of you, always close in your thoughts, but the only way to obtain them is to turn around and go in the opposite direction, it's absurd, so we don't do it, years go by and you are still there looking at your dreams, maybe even content just to relish in the possibility of obtaining them, but more time goes by and the world gets in the way of this simple pleasure, and eventually it all turns sour, you begin to realize time is running out, do you do the absurd or keep hoping?

Nirvana is the lowliest of temptations. Abnegation of the self is but enlightenment through bankruptcy. To meet the surfeit of life's duty and difficulty with a living suicide. The Buddha was a derelict, his divine soul a squatter. Better to die in truth than to deaden truth's sting. Better still to conquer, to master and mold the world, to strive and fulfill the passions, to find what heights may be. Anything less is surrender or failure. Surrender being the least of them..

real g's move in silence like lasagna

>people shouldn't be allowed to kill themselves
The modern man has no dignity.

There are people who envy your loneliness and sense of condemnation. I feel nothing but a constant and vague sense of weariness.

>'Don't despair, not even over the fact you don't despair.'
>t. Kefkaesque-man

take a commercial idea like vampires (bad example I know) and make it your own

Co-opt someone else's work. Make a modern version of a classic with vampires or some shit like
suggests. You can call it post modern or something.

Most of the shit you guys posted in this thread is super gay. Do better in 2017.

Only one enemy left; Two If you counted god.

the one enemy left is you?

my gf just walked out on me, we have a 9 month old together and she said she cannot take it anymore.
She has been in a depressive spiral since the birth, I have tried everything to make her happy and nothing has worked.
She wants nothing to do with our daughter, it's sad as she was so looking forward to being a mother. In a way I am relieved as I can now concentrate all my efforts on my little one instead of having to split it and feel like I am not doing a good enough job on two fronts.

its a man's duty to keep moving forward, its just how it is

good luck friend

Nothing matters

See

Why are you so angry lol? Calm down. I didn't mean to imply that Plato didn't believe the things he wrote, but rather I was acknowledging the post saying he was archaic, and because of that there is a sense in which his philosophy seems untenable, albeit captivating, today.

Also, I haven't played video games in about a decade.

Ignore them, age is irrelevant for uni.

SEE WHO GIVE A FUCK
dun-dun-dun DUNNUNUN
dun-dun-dun DEE-dunnun
-RUN-dun-dun RUP-dup-dup
DO-RUP-dum-DUM-dum-dum

The trick about hopes and dreams is to break them down into objectively attainable stepping stones. But with art for instance, if you lack talent, your dreams will never come true.

The guy seeding The Screaming Skull (1958) waited until we were all at 93.86% then left. I really don't want to spend $5 on a dvd plus $40 for shipping.

art and talent are both tied down to subjectivity, I presume you know this?

to say your dreams wont come true if you lack talent is absurd

I'm not fit for this world

I want to know if "my myriad life problems" is correct usage, or if I need an "of" in there.

Straight guys can have gay friends, even when the gay friends know you're straight, right?

they'll still see you as a piece of meat

I have found genuine blissful equanimity in solitude and the renunciation of vices, thanks to the meme of Christian virtue.

But now an attractive 17 year old (legal) girl has asked me out and my body yearns to penetrate and fill her with semen. The urge is easy enough to cast off, but temptation is insidious, and continuously spins into my rational thought, finding false reasons to justify itself.

Why must the body conspire against us? I will not lose my happiness.

please start your story from the beginning

PLEASE

Fuck im horny af

Why do people seem so stupid? No one can argue. No one seems to think critically anymore. It's annoying to see and I know I am not even very smart but the depths at which I see people are disheartening.

"Do you really think I'm not helping you because I don't want to? I mean, after everyhing you know about me and after everything you have seen about my actions... do you really think I'm not helping you to screw you? No! I'm not helping you because I'm scared and I'm very nervious to come out in the next scene, I obviously can not help you to change the rest of the actors. I really, really want to help you because I know how important is to you to show your vestry in excellent conditions, but right now, I can not think in that... so, don't get angry with me, get angry with your loved actor who wanted to get nose surgery instead of be part of the audition".

I may have saved someone very important to me last night.
The accident was a fluke - I just happened to be there at the moment, had I been upstairs or outside or at the store, I probably would have come home to a dead man.

And, as much as I hate my personality sometimes; and for all of my flaws: the laziness, habituated pot smoking, the way I pick apart every tv show and movie and talk through the whole show, even though I know it annoys him, or whatever flaws I hate in my self, there is one aspect of my personality that makes all the others worth it: I am someone you want to have around in an emergency.

I just respond well in emergency situations. I have had some training, yes, (having worked for very wealthy families in the past, even their maids learn cpr and how to put out a fire) but I've also been exposed to numerous emergency situations, and, this asset must be something deep seated - something genetic - because it is something I have no control over. I just jump to action - respond. Do what I can.

And last night, as my love's head hit the table, and he stopped breathing - I was able to help him.
And I can't get the image of his purple face out of my head. Or his eyes as they rolled around slowly, before coming back to look at me - but he wasn't there behind them.
... man. This is real. This really did happen last night. And it is hard to write about because I don't want to mince words, or edit my sentences in fear of dramatizing it... this near tragedy is too near to make an appearance in my fictions.
And too personal to expose fully to Veeky Forums but I thank /lit anyway, for being around. Even when you suck, you're special, and I love you.

I get you man, i am really shallow but sometimes i catch myself seeing what you see.
Its just life everybody is doing their own thing, because they can.
I want to get wiser but when its time to actually read something or work on it i flake :(
I think the important thing is to just keep an open mind the rest will probably sort itself out

I'm glad to be working at a small local business. The work isn't too bad even when it's very busy, and when nobody is in the restaurant I can sit out in the lobby and shitpost.

I have had negative experience with girls throughout my preteen and teen years so I have no confidence around them. I'm still attracted to them and want love but I can't see myself ever having a gf. The problem is I started fapping to gay porn(stories and straight bj vids , audio m4m and discords) recently. For the past couple of years it was the occasional trap and shemale. I'm not blaming it on Veeky Forums but it did "awaken" a thirst so to speak.

I think what's happening is that I know that it's much more easier just to find a sexual partners with men than with women. I've never had a gf so I'm khv. And starting to prefer the thought of having sex with a man because it's much more realistic. And that I'm just setting myself up for disappointment to fap to straight porn.

The idea of hooking up is becoming more ... acceptable to me. The sub Dom aspect of the act. But I'm not at all (except for cock when I'm horny) attracted to males. I'm certain of it. I don't pretend I'm straight but I don't think im bi if I can't see a relationship with a dude and not attracted to masculine features. I am into femdom. But its more realistic than a gf and I could pretend.

It's either stay a virgin, get an escort(I find them a rip off tho) or grindr. I fear that if I go the grindr route it will be a life of promiscuity , aids and guilt. If I go the escort route I'll be broke. And I'll kms eventually if I stay a virgin.

It's not the social stigma it's just idk. Just the thought of being single for the rest of my life depresses the fuck outta me. I can't lie to myself anymore. I've been watching asmr roleplay vids and listening to audio of girls saying they love me.

I just fapped.immediatley after I felt sad and lonely. I'm now listening to sad classical music.

Getting fat again lads

Suicide is punishable by life.

No, he's right, to create art or indeed anything valuable you have to subordinate your creative impulses to the construction of a form.
Inspiration is worth nothing, what matters is structural integrity, anything which comes out as inspiring to others is in possession of a shape and form which is proper to it, if you can't dedicate yourself to creating such a form then nothing you create will be inspiring or passionate or what ever.

Simply put I often become overwhelmed and anxious-ridden by the infinitude of human knowledge despite that I often find joy in it as well. I enjoy the cultivation of both mind and body more than the interaction of other humans for prolonged periods of time.

My relationships last in a flurry and I have a melancholia and contradicting, inasmuch as I want a lasting relationship I do not, viewpoint about finding my dialectical counterpart in this world.

Actually this was a great exercise for me and spurred a lot of stream of consciousness responses that I tabled for my own writings down the road but that was the sum of what I was wanting to say.