SO

So Veeky Forums how do I become an intellectual? Assume time for reading

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/lit/9475678#p9535884
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1.) Study philosophy and logical reasoning.
2.) Find topics you are interested in
3.) Connect that topic to a major or study
4.) Master the major or study
5.) Branch out to other topics

Bravo, what sort of philosophy or is generally all of it

1) take an online IQ test

2) post results on Veeky Forums

Start at Plato and work your way through to at least Foucault

this

this is the Veeky Forums way

>Stroke your own ego endlessly and amaze yourself at your uncanny ability to discuss occult topics with people who never considered such avenues.
> Become progressively dumber by assuming you're getting smarter than those who don't profess to be intellectuals
>live a lonely life writing materialist dogmas
>have more gay sex

>can't even cover gay sex
Is my imagination acceptable?

Thinking About Philosophy by Nils Ch. Rauhut is a good read.

I just want to appreciate Veeky Forums. There are a lot of STEMfags in real life who insist retardedly that philosophy and the like are useless, and that because they're an engineer or whatever that they are superior because they don't engage in "made up shit" like philosophy.

Naturally, these people can't think critically for shit, but they still make up a very large part of the mathematics and engineering body, from what people I've encountered. Moreso engineering, however.

>just start at 400 BCE and read until around 1960

Do people in mathematics genuinely think philosophy is a meme? I would think that mathematics would lend itself moreso to philsophy since its an abstract logical tool in and of itself?

This is some good shit, any more?

That's just it, it depends on if you're a pure maths or an applied maths fag. The divide (in my experience- it could be entirely anecdotal) is pretty clear with regards to buying into abstract philosophy's worth.

>tfw brainlet normie
>go to Veeky Forums to try and get smarter
>see this thread
Bump.

us brainlet lurker should stick together
bumping as well

By smoking a pipe while wearing a monocle in front of a fireplace, preferably in a room with a lot of books and with a dog sleeping at your feet.

>tfw just cannot get into mathematics
Absolutely dire.

You don't become an intellectual. You try to learn about and understand the world around you because that's what you enjoy doing, and in the process, become better able to see and appreciate the beauty and intricacy of the human condition and the universe we live in.

Once you "become an intellectual" or learned "everything you need to know," you've already lost.

I am probably the most intelligent person on this board.

There may be others that have more knowledge, but I have the highest capacity for rational thinking. I am the most logical and it had lead me to a greater understanding than 99.999999% of people.

Balls

>the Bible

Yes

You should learn how to think before you even consider reading anyone else's opinions.

>become an intellectual
>become

Just so you can shitpost about how ridiculous it is. Christians get wet when they see you know scripture, then they lose their chubs when you turn it on them.

>tfw too lazy to self-study math

i'd say that i'm just a tad better at math than the average person but i absolutely cannot find a motivation for studying mathematics. i'd rather stick to things I like to do.

t. brainlet

it depends, analyst sure.

But if you get into things like modal logic, temporal logic and other kinds of hippie logic, while certainly mathematical in rigor, they are in essence modern philosophy topics.

>how do I become an intellectual?
get the fuck off Veeky Forums, and study the fuck
out of every day, every week, every year,
for fckn decades

Smash enough drugs that you believe in can interpret some chinese/mayan proverbs into a mathematical formula. Which you then make into a computer program and call it "Time Wave Zero"; which predicts time travel is invented in the next 10 years. Don't forget to regularly spew out a daily word salad for all the pseudophilosipher drug abusing followers you have. Then die from a brain tumour so that your predictions of time travel are wrong, yet your followers will continue to say that it was invented but the government covered it up.

Another bump from me

anuda bumq

The Veeky Forums thread was better

Come home brothers

Post link pls

This always gets shit on Veeky Forums, but you can't really say you have a liberal arts education without having read it, whatnot with the Bible and Christianity being a major driving force behind western thought for the past 1500 years or so.

Love the term chub

yuki.la/lit/9475678#p9535884

I am the 0.000001%. Sorry m8.