How do you explain that the UAE want to colonize Mars

How do you explain that the UAE want to colonize Mars

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4227854/UAE-build-CITY-MARS-2117.html

whereas Emiratians are all hardcore Muslims who believe the Earth is flat?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/16/the-uaes-ambitious-plan-to-build-a-new-city-on-mars/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Solar_System_probes
youtu.be/PtBy_ppG4hY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Why do you read the daily mail...

Because it was the first link on google.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/16/the-uaes-ambitious-plan-to-build-a-new-city-on-mars/

You think conservative Muslims believe the Earth is flat? Where did u learn this? I've never heard of that before.

UAE has a bunch of money at the moment thanks to oil and gas. They are throwing it around at anything high tech and finance. Hoping to establish a new high profit margin economy. So the native Emiratis don't have to work and can continue living in luxury.

there are like 8 foreign workers for every native in the UAE. So I wonder how they are going to get all of them to Mars. Because you sure as hell aren't going to see an emirati doing hard labor.

>How do you explain that the UAE want to colonize Mars

Emiratis love to get into dick-sizing about the biggest/best of anything -- they have an office in their economic ministry devoted just to getting more Guinness Book records set in Dubai, for example.

What would be a showier grandiose project than building a giant shopping mall on Mars?

we will never colonize mars.

I will colonize ur mum tonight

they just want to shove chocolate bars up their ass

This, in the 70's they predicted that we would live on Venus and Mars in 2000, we are still far away from colonize them. Right now, some projects predict we will live on Mars by 2117, it seems very implausible.
In my opinion, if we colonize Mars someday, it will be in several centuries, perhaps milleniums. Think about it, we still don't have a stand alone basis on Moon. We will have interstellar travels before we colonize Mars.

Wasn't the company in Doom also called UAE or something similar to that?

>UAC is really United Arab Corporation
>They will release the portals to hell in the next decade

PANIC

The UAE never had a space program.

75% of space programs spring from the USA.
10% from the USSR, Russia and its satellites
10% from Europe
5% from the rest of the world (Japan, China, India)

>10% from the USSR, Russia and its satellites
When I say 10% it comes from the Cold Era because today Russia is lazy.

Maybe you should think about it for a second why we don't have anything on the moon or even that much stuff in our own orbit.

It has to do with the cost of sending stuff upwards. 30 000 $ for a kg of cargo. SpaceX has been pushing that to less than 3000 $ a few years back. Reusable rockets can bring that down a lot (a hundred fold decrease might be possible).

When it only costs a few hundred bucks per kg, then we will start to see some real space exploration.

>It has to do with the cost of sending stuff upwards. 30 000 $ for a kg of cargo. SpaceX has been pushing that to less than 3000 $ a few years back. Reusable rockets can bring that down a lot (a hundred fold decrease might be possible).
I didn't say the cost wasn't expensive and that it's wasn't a serious brake for place exploration.

>When it only costs a few hundred bucks per kg, then we will start to see some real space exploration
It is not for the short or mid term. Let's not talk about making Mars livable for colonization...

This slightly outdated graphic shows your 10% figure to be a little low.

Hard to count, but I see 62 total missions by soviets/russia and 88 by all others combined.

Oh I didn't count the asteroid & comet missions. 64 and 103 then.

You are right, but Russia isn't as active as before and got many failures, it didn't send any space probe to an outer planet too. Also for China, India, Japan it's even less than 5% actually.

This can be real.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Solar_System_probes

What the fuck happened? During the cold war, we got shit done during space exploration. What caused both sides to drop the ball?

Having lived through it, I can answer that. The race to the Moon was, as you point out, a part of the cold war. Yes, it really had scientific value in terms of a human making choices on which rocks to bring back, but a real geologist wasn't sent until Apollo XVII, the last mission.

After the second landing (XII) and the confirmed technological superiority of the US, Americans literally go bored with the whole idea. People groused about feeding the poor, and money wasted on the missions. It was clear that the race was won, *yawn*.

Apollo XIII riveted the attention of the world again. Three guys possibly an heroing on global TV. Yay, success, feed the children.

Another ho-hum mission, then with XV came the lunar rover. Yay, Murica has a car on the Moon!
XVI - we did it again. Oh, yay. XVII - Okay, even NASA's getting bored. Let's do a shuttle and see if we can't make it cheaper to get into space.

Science got a good idea of what the Moon's made of, dispelled all sorts of silly ideas, gave us evidence of its history, and science packages left allowed continued study from Earth.

Not much reason to put in the money to go back. It's no longer "feed the people" but rather "Build for real war." The motivator to go back would be military superiority - a weapons platform from a lower gravity well. That's it. It won't be for science or colonization under Agent Orange. The Chinese know. They're planning for the Long March. They are our future.

>space was fucked because MUH CHILLUNS
max executions when

I think you are looking for this: youtu.be/PtBy_ppG4hY

This is stupid.

For the same reason they forced Saudi Arabia to change the name of their crown jewel, the Burj Dubai, to the Burj Khalifa...It's a dick measuring contest. They want to go to Mars for the same reason that the US wanted to go the the Moon, to show their dominance.

The moar you know.

UAC but yeah I thought it was about them too.

Why everybody is fucking ignoring Moon?

A Base on Moon will a great cornestone for new missions later.

>New space missions to the deep space can be launched from a Lunar Base.

>Larger Spacecrafts could be built on Moon, where the lower gravity would require less thrust, fuel & propellants.

>Why don't space programs start a base on the Moon first as a "trial run"?
>Aiming for a colony on Mars before making one on the Moon is like skipping the basic quests in a game and charging straight into the advanced quests.

Sure. But those are also voters who make decisions and that politicians want to appease.

MOON IS SHIT

IT'S SMALL AND A PIECE OF SHIT, FUCK OFF MOONMAN

>A Base on Moon will a great cornestone for new missions later.
That theory assumes you have a complete ore and processing line. Strangely I have never seen an estimate for how much work and time that takes to make space ships as opposed to just technology demonstrators.

>people are individuals and can think independent thoughts
stop the fucking presses