Stop browsing Veeky Forums and go write a thousand words you faggot

Stop browsing Veeky Forums and go write a thousand words you faggot.

Have nothing to write about mate

Thank you for reminding me. Unfortunately I have to wait til the maintenance guy fixing my apartment windows leaves. He's very suspicious guy, very shady, I gotta watch him.

That actually means you have *everything* to write about

this board and the modern american "literary" scene in general is crippled by the fact that nobody really has any good experiences nor unique insights to impart. we've all been institutionalized for decades in the same schools, jobs, military branches. it's a huge joke and why hobbling bores like DFW and Franzen are the modern "darlings" of literature Sad!

lol no it doesn't

No. Writing is one of the most overrated activities ever. Write a thousand words of shit but because "you put your heart into it" or something it's better than therapy. Fuck that, your time is better spent reading something great.

I don't even read books or write, shitposting is all I do.

I mostly agree with you, but there are times when I can't focus on reading and writing is a lot easier. In those instances, writing a page of emotional/stressed/shitty stuff that i've "put my heart into" and then burning it is pretty satisfying. The important thing is not to get attached to your own work ladies.

I'm a cynic, but attitudes like yours will be why there won't be any new "great things" if everyone stops writing.

Okay but it's gonna be somewhat derivative pulp fantasy.

derivative pulp fantasy is awesome. and also if you never get that shit out of the way you won't write Awesome Erudite Hipster Lit that wins prizes and helps you live the Veeky Forums lifestyle

and then you get that shit out of the way so you can write the pulp fantasy you wanted to write in the first place that rocks faces without needing to be a pretentious ass about it

could just be me tho

Yeah, I basically want to write shit like Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser.

>>>/tumblr/

do it man! everybody loves that shit. it's not as easy as it looks to do well either.

fantasy lost something essential when it lost wenching. neo-fafhrd and neo-mouser would be fucking wicked. who wouldn't want to watch/read/play a game in lankhmar?

write that shit homeboy

agree

you don't need good experience to write something profound, but modern """lit""" is shit

contemporary can die.

dfw/franzen dickriders make me cringe.

I already have written 1200 today

recently dropped out of school to write my novel. Zero fucks given

all day yes

i don't know if it's as simple as empathy > irony

but right now _____ > irony

>hobbling bores like DFW
KYS
Y
S

Kiss your self

With hemlocked lips

>The important thing is not to get attached to your own work ladies.
>*gentle exhale* If only my work were complete shit

i'll write 1000 words about what i'd do with you in bed, op

anybody else just start writing random shit when writing? its not even like I ran out of ideas, I just derail my own thought train every so often and laugh at the outcome, like pic related

What app do you guys write with? The only ones I can even think of are MS Word, Notepad, and google docs.

I'm just using ms word

id use notepad but I hate hitting enter after each line

LOL that was my plan. Ten years later, all I can say is (LOL) good luck f.a.m.

i already wrote in my diary today leave me alone

Already wrote 1.5k senpai. It's all probably shit anyways, but fuck it. I'll continue. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs I guess.

whatever works i suppose

diaries don't count

winrar, good job user. you gain +5 XP

>i've been """"""writing"""""""" for years now but never actually wrote anything

Dropped out of high school? Meaning you're like 17? What could you possibly have to write about?