How do I analyze and dissect a poem?

How do I analyze and dissect a poem?

How do I make a dissertation about a certain novel?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/angelinadanilova/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>have good intuitive sense of language
>memorize poetic terms and learn meter
>make bullshitty stuff up that seems insightful but is just you making shit up

Sounds good, any helpful links or maybe an intro book to poetic terms and the "meters"?
Not even sure what that means but that would be incredibly helpful.

Do you have some examples too?

must...hav...moar...sauce...

Thats it... (as the anime guys say) shes my wafer food

Now please help me with my questions, any good books about poem analysis?

About different authors in different centuries and how the literary movements affected each author and his style of writings?

Guys...shes even doing the secret High Initiate Hidden Hand pose.... i... think, im going to faint

For purposes of radation

Sauce,, you fool, sauce!! a poet must first whet his whistle!! rule number 1 of poetry

sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce sauce

id like to anal-yze and dissect her tbqh

She isn't that hot senpai

instagram.com/angelinadanilova/?hl=en

>Model,ukulele player/singerbut desu,I'm just a free soul in this world

fuckin nice

Look in the archive senpai

google how to word search, ctrl s or f or something idk im not a stupid nerd

You over analyze every word and search for hidden meanings

I need a book to help with this stuff, i'm looking to be analyzing french poems, but i have no idea where to start, no terminology and insight.
Any books you guys know about ?

look up dissection in the dictionnary then start over

How is "sound and sense introduction to poetry by Laurence Perrine" ?
Looks promising .

anons got the sauce and bolted, lmao nice one.

ABC OF READING
by il miglior fabbro

>trying to analyze a poem
You realise any bullshit you discern from the text is as worthless as the poem itself? Poets just write shit and come up with a meaning afterwards.

What's making you so angry about that exactly?

I agree, she isn't that hot, she's cute though. Looking at cute girls makes me feel lonely, I don't get the appeal.

Dr Pritchard md. He gives you the exact equation of how to write poetry

I would actually prefer that.

It seems that most poets actually come up with a meaning and then write to make it fit that meaning pretentiously.

Unless you're reading the GOAT romantics in which case you get to enjoy masters of their craft without overbearing post-modern schlock.