Which writer have you read the most works by?

Which writer have you read the most works by?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18JQUYgpOlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Graham greene

JK Rowling

Chuck Tingle

I'm a one and done kinda nigga

Malcolm Gladwell
I went through a phase where I thought he literally held the answers to every world problem and I felt like an enlightened genius

all of gaddis.

Dostoevsky

Patrick O'Brian

Plato

Haruki Murakami.
I started by loving him and now i'm on the verge of hating him.

Beckett

t.16yo hipster

Don Delillo

Chuck Klosterman

Close second. It sucks because you know his stuff is poorly researched, but it's so interesting.

Ernest Hemingway

I'm not a hipster, but that fucking "Murakami formula" is getting tiresome.
His new works are actually worse than past works, because you can feel he's playing safe, he doesn't try anything new. ColorlessTsukuru could have been his best work, but he fucked up.
What pisses me off is how he tries to shove music down our throat. Its ok in some works, but in all works? Tsukuru Tazaki said he hated music, but still murakami shove music references down our throat. i'm fucking mad right now i can't continue writing, murakami is a fucking hack

Shakespeare or Kurt Vonnegut.

jg ballard

lovecraft and burroughs trail at a semi-distant 2-3; i've read roughly equal amounts of both

kafka or salinger

hemmmmingway or fitzgerald
maybe bukowski

Since you say "works" then Borges, because almost all his stories, or Catullus, because almost all his poems.

Steinbeck assuming we're talking about literary stuff, if not then probably Herge or Rene Goscinny

Probably the old SF/fantasy authors who wrote the most, when I was a teen. Heinlein, Bradbury, etc. If they're prolific, of course I've read more by them, though I may have sold them off ages ago. My version of this was to list authors I own five or more books by (which of course, leaves out those who have not published five books).
Here's my list of "straight fiction/literature" and poetry authors I own five or more books by:|

Margaret Atwood, Jane Austen, A.S. Byatt, Italo Calvino, Joseph Conrad, Robertson Davies, Charles Dickens, Fyoder Dostoyevsky, Margeurite Duras, Umberto Eco, William Faulkner, Timothy Findley, Elizabeth Gaskell, Grama Greene, Anne Hebert, Shirley Jackson, Henry James, James Joyce, Evelyn Lau, William Morris, Toni Morrison, Alice Munro, Robert Nye, Michael Ontaatje, George Orwell, Salman Rushdie, John Steinbeck, Mark Twain, Jane Urquhart, Charles Williams, Eiji Yoshikawa.

Poets: Dionne Brand, George Elliott Clarke, Leonard Cohen, T.S. Eliot, Dylan Thomas, W.B. Yeats.

Genre: Arthur Conan Doyle, Mary Stewart, A.E. van Vogt, William Gibson, Storm Constantine, Douglas Adams, Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Agatha Christie, Charles de Lint, Stephen R. Donaldson, Frank Herbert, Robert Holdstock, Robert E. Howard, Hugh Howey, John le Carré, Fritz Leiber, Richard Blade, Eric Lustbader, George R.R. Martin, Spider Robinson, Jack Whyte, Brian Lumley, Michael Moorcock, Jules Verne, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Anne Rice, J.R.R. Tolkien, Woody Alan, Spike Milligan, Monty Python, H.G. Wells.

Children/YA: Michael Bond, Beatrix Potter, Carolyn Keene, Frank W. Dixon, A.A. Milne, Enid Blyton, Esther Averill, Lloyd Alexander, Lucy M. Boston, Susan Cooper, Roald Dahl, Elizabeth Enright, Alan Ganrer, Tove Jansson, C.S. Lewis, L.M. Montgomery, Graham Oakley, Philip Pullman, Arthur Ransome, J.K. Rowling, Catherynne Valente, Robert Louis Stevenson, Farly Mowat, Judy Blume, Rosemary Sutcliff.

Comics/Art: Nick Bantock, Neil Gaiman, Berke Breathed, Ken Akamatsu, Terry Moore, Bill Amend, Charles Schulz, Edward Gorey, Bill Watterson, Herge, Jolly R. Blackburn, Rich Burlew, Goscinny & Uderzo, Serpieri, Walt Kelly, Milo Manara, Robert Crumb, Lynda Barry, Frank Miller, Dave Sims, Gilbert Shelton, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Bryan Talbot, Kazuo Koike, Wendy & Richard Pini, los Hernandez bros, G.B. Trudeau, David Petersen, Chris Ware, Geoff Johns, Jeph Loeb.

I don't usually read that many works per author, but...

For novels, Dostoievsky; for short stories Conan Doyle and Lovecraft; philosophy, Aristotle. I haven't started to read poetry

Jeff Kinney

Forever reading, never to be read.

Who, me? I have zero interest in being a fiction author myself.

This but unironically

Tolstoy

Isaac Asimov. Or possibly Louis Sachar, I think I read all his shit when I was a tyke

this

Hannah Arendt

Fredric Jameson

youtube.com/watch?v=18JQUYgpOlw

Probably Frigyes Karinthy.

Mishima and Saramago

steinbeck

Bertolt Brecht

Based Lovecraft

Terry Brooks

Pleb detected

Are you that user from the "worst review of your favorite author thread" who started to hate Murakami after seeing that the worst review actually had a point?

James Joyce because when you read his prose every sentence is its own work

>shove music down our throats

But let me guess, you love Pynchon, right?

Isn't that only three books?

Hermann Hesse, because he was the first writer who actually made reading interesting instead of just an inferior method of watching a movie. (I had only read YA and children's books before Hesse)

Stephen King or Kurt Vonnegut. Probably King

No DFW completionists?

came here to say this

Veeky Forums is full of failed aspiring writers who don't read

Shit Dongleton

I've read roughly everything beat-related
>inb4 pleb

I've read all of DFW except for Everything and More, Signifying Rappers, and his philosophy thesis, none of which I particularly care about.

mulatto fucked up my life for a long while. Didn't want to try anything because I wasn't ready to put 10,000 hours in, so I never did anything

Hamsun probably
Chekhov or Cortázar if we're counting short stories

Some writers are more prolific than others. Lately, I'd say John D MacDonald, Jack Vance and Patrick O'Brien.

Nietzsche, undoubtedly.

I own all his work.

If you count letters: Alexander Hamilton
If you count books: Aristotle

Bret Easton Ellis.

genuine friends have said incredibly offensive and sneering things because of this. fuck them. is this the same with any other author? not like i even think he's the best. obviously grrm holds that title as far as the western cannon is concerned (the show is better tho' obvs).

Not me. I read a great deal, and don't want to write.

Same

Brian Jacques tbqh

Gene Wolfe. Something like 16-17 novels. 8 Dostoevsky and Dick. All of Aristotle except Metaphysics, which I'm currently reading and Organon.
Fritz Leiber 6, Roger Zelazny 7.

Karl May

Pratchett.

But if it has to be Veeky Forums, I'd say DFW.

KA Applegate lol

Snickett or Stine

Zola

Cormac McCarthy

Hesse and Bellow are tied, I've read all but 3 from either

Marx

I think it's a three way tie between Willaim Gaddis, Cormac McCarthy, and Saul Bellow

Joyce, Pynchon and Tolstoy.
Jesus I'm a meme.

I can't believe he said this!!

kys

Terry Pratchett.

Turtledove, Tolstoy, Traviss.

> Now, everybody!

Is Seth MacFarlane the Common Man's Pynchon?

>F. Scott Fitzgerald

I'm a plebe aren't I? I know he doesn't have any particularly groundbreaking or even thought provoking themes but I like his prose and wanted to write like him.

Pynchon made up bands and lyrics, that's nowhere near the same thing as pretentious namedropping.

You still have Rhetoric, Politics, Physics, and De Anima to go you filthy croat

What would you recommend? (besides AP, obvs.)

Agatha Christie

Either Tolkien or Gibson

Bohumil Hrabal

Less Than Zero

This is Schopenhauer?

Fuck that cunt, good thing I found out he was a whiny scam early on

>Dostoievsky

Agree, it should be Dostojevskij

>Ptostojchebzkich

not pleb at all given that you've read more than the great gatsby.

Frank Herbert

Kek, do you also have his physical copies?

Robin Hobb

anonymous desu

Paul Auster, unless we want to count the schlock i read in middle school, in which case, Orson Scott Card.

recognitions
jr
carpenter's gothic
frolic of his own
agape agape
rush for second place (non-fic)

Either P.G. Wodehouse or Nabokov.

who else /Bradbury/ here

Rowling, Dostoevski, blacked.com