The queen of Veeky Forums is working on her new book whats its gonna be about?

the queen of Veeky Forums is working on her new book whats its gonna be about?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupi_Kaur#Inspiration
twitter.com/abony_williams
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck.

I have never in my life gotten so angry at one person before.

I am 57 years old and have bought 4 of her books to burn instead of wood. I have sent multiple emails explaining my hatred towards her.

I cannot do this anymore, I'm leaving this website. No more

>I am 57 years old
what was the civil war like?

I'm ready to die.

>I bought 4 books
Ya, that'll teach her!

but aren't you stoked (jubilant) about indoor plumbing and the electric light?

>57 years old
>Has strong literary opinions

Norm is that you?

yes, I need you autists to hurry up and build some more of those ice hibernation things so I can be saved for the aliens.

not kidding.

realistically,

this is probably the best opportunity we'll have to start dumping all the fakes,

if anyone is still keen

Why doesn't she use capital letters. Is it an edgy stylistic choice like how many Tumblr kids type or is she just stupid?

>ignore mean things because they're truthful and taking them to heart would mean yielding this false sense of superiority we've built for ourselves in our feminist circles where we sniff our own farts

>yaas girl slay

this one was a shop, here's the original

>I am 57 years old

So how did you feel when you first heard the news about the Archduke come over the telegraph?

>love and light

What do females mean by this? It's such garbage. Makes me want to puke.

it's a spiritual thing, you fucking garbage

I don't understand, I googled her book and it all seems to be like this? short meaningless words and an ms paint drawing?

then I get why she is so popular. ugly, brown, a woman. Probably from a wealthy family so she can sit around all day on Instagram posting shit about how men try to use her but she won't let them. Fake feminist bullshit. If she wasn't from Toronto, no one would give a shit.

Oh look at me I'm Rupi Kaur
>pic related

Whatever I don't wanna waist a lot of time on it, you get the idea. it's like the album game where you can make up a band cover by hitting the random button on wikiquotes and imgr

I seriously never knew who this girl was til I opened this thread, and now I know too much.

guys just make a fake twitter or Instagram pretending to be an ugly brown Canadian girl and reap the sweet cash money

>men rise up against the primordial earth and create culture
>write poetry about struggling against god on the face of his own creation, about venturing into the underworld to understand death, about trying to find meaning in a bleak and uncaring cosmos
>go on dangerous sea voyages to conquer new continents and discover evolutionary biology and mine precious minerals to build spaceships to create James Webb Space Telescopes to probe the farthest corners of the universe and eventually fuck it
>women demand to be allowed to join the men in their adventures
>are graciously allowed to
>do absolutely nothing other than clad their basest instincts in the outward form of male culture
>any feeling or whim they have, needs to be a poem, needs to be recognized by man
>waste everyone's fucking time with anthologies of poems about how they cried because the coffee maker didn't make their coffee right and I JUST DON'T NEED THIS RIGHT NOW, OKAY, I'VE HAD A REALLY BAD WEEK AND YOU NEVER EVEN ASKED ME WHAT WAS WRONG
>James Webb Space Telescope delayed again

Thanks Feminism

How much do people like this even make from their work.

You guys think she's making a lot from her writing? Like she has a "team" for her publishing? wtf

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

cry more, shitlords!

If someone said this to me in person at a party or something I'd actually think it's a fairly intellegent satire of the Elliot Rogers style autist mindset. It's not worthy of being called poetry or literature, though.

It took me a while to realize she wrote it in 'poem structure', and it was truly appalling

I really assume she is simply financially supported by her family. She's somewhat known, but it takes a lot to make a living wage in this field.

Her first book sold over 500,000 copies soo...

If each book was 10 dollars (maybe they were 15) she should have about $5,000,000 by now

they don't just give her all the money tho

but yeah she's probably made a lot

Even if she makes a conservative 10% cut from it thats still 500k for what should only have taken her an afternoon to write.

I don't know the specifics of the poetry publishing industry so feel free to correct me.

You sound like a woman, to be desu.

Sweet Lord, how can she be so full of herself and not gain one bit of self awareness? That slimy arrogance that seeps from her every written word like menstrual blood on a pair of soiled sweatpants makes me retch. I don't know why I'm letting myself get so flustered over this garbage, really, it's not worth it.

You just blow in from stupid town?

>not taking into account production, distribution, commercialization, bookstore cut, publisher cut, etc.

>should only have taken her an afternoon to write.

fucking kill me. It's probably true to, not like those drawings are particularly complex. Very traditional diary scribbles

Yeah, but her new book has taken YEARS to write, so stick around goy

>Yfw you realize that the reason she never uses capital letters is because she associates it with "supremacy", "hegemony", and "imperialism".

True story.

I'd seen this book around, but had never actually heard of the author before. Gotta admit, I'm a bit baffled.

doesn't count if your brown, fascist

poo in loo needs no capitalization either. Should be right up her alley.

source please

or maybe goosh on douche

SHE'S NOT THAT HOT user, HOLY SHIT YOU HORNY BASTARDS

STOP JERKIN THE GERKIN AND WRITE 1K RIGHT NOW.

WRITE ABOUT FUCKING THE AUTISMO GIRL IN THE PIC, I DON'T CARE, JUST DO IT.

I asked for a source on that claim, not the girl
You sound pretty autistic tho

Why doesn't she write in Hindi then? You think writing in English would be pretty degrading, if she truly believed in the supremacy and imperialism language still advances.

This. She was born in India too, so I can only assume she wants to be a subversive tumblr famous feminist like emma watson after she became a UN embassador

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupi_Kaur#Inspiration

Read this paragraph:

>All of her works are done in all lowercase and the only punctuation they contain is periods. She says she decided to write this way to honor her culture because, in gurmukhi script, there is only one case and only periods are used. She also says that she enjoys the equality of letters and that the style reflects her worldview.

>She is inspired by writers like Anais Nin, Virginia Woolf,

virginia woolf had her own problems but she would kill rupi kaur with a single glance of unbridled withering scorn

I don't think it matters if she made a dime, which I'm sure she did.

The book was self-published on Amazon I think, did really well and was picked up for a 2nd print by a publisher, who's know signed her for two more books.

So it really never mattered if she got any money off of it, a young 24 year old feminist brown girl from Canada with three books under her belt? She'll be the next JK Rowling, but for poetry. Gonna be so fuggin wealthy by the time she's 30... assuming she doesn't waste it all by starting a women's only feminist publishing house or something.

I know author's never really retire, but if she saved up and invested she never has to work again... assuming user is right her parents support her.

>inspired by Virginia Woolf
I have this sneaking suspicion that she has not read anything by Woolf.

But I bet she's seen the movie Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1966)

She prob just heard the story of her drowning herself with rocks in her pockets and thought it was oh so poetic~

Oh feck off it's awful but it's not any worse than bukowski

>She also says that she enjoys the equality of letters

really?

I wonder if I can write shit poetry to women and make some bucks out of it?

What should I do to make it attractive to this audience?

OKAY HERE'S WHAT YOU DO.

First, research all the buzzwords. You gotta be able to talk about feminism, bigotry, oppression with a straight fucking face and DO NOT fall into the wishy washy trap of "mansplaining" feminism. Just stick with the basics.

You're gonna have to start a tumblr, and follow a lot of POPULAR feminism blogs and blogs about poetry. Pick one or two stupid things that are popular on tumblr, like harry potter + supernatural and follow a few blogs for that, reblog once in a while.

You're gonna have to pretend to be a woman. Either by catfishing, or say you're a transwoman (a man who becomes a woman). If you're white, call yourself mixed race Spanish/American.

Use the feather theme, a free theme offered by tumblr, and put this on your tumblr bio:

(make up a foreign sounding first name) / 21 / maab feminist / hopeless romantic poet in love with the stars

Literally. just that. as your profile image, do a picture of a woman's lips on a dark skinned girl or her nails.

if you want, in your bio include the quote "if a writer falls in love with you you'll live forever"

Now, pick a few themes from below:
drugs, sex, body shaming, oppression, race, culture, mothers, love, rape, self help, self harm, lesbian sex vs straight sex, assault, female beauty, etc

remember to always contrast poems with how people feel about dark skin.

EXAMPLE FORMAT:

I saw her blonde hair
and blue eyes
from across the table.
She was about to speak,
but when women speak we must be sure
no men are around to hear.
The waitress in the dingy café looked exhausted.
Thinking about her kids at home,
as her boss yelled at her for not smiling.
I looked down at my dry, cracked brown hands
I wondered if I could be blonde too,
inside.

Bam. Done.

Write a few poems about that shit, post for free on your tumblr. engage people, talk to others, ask well known tumblr poet feminists for general advice, etc.

when you get to about 100 followers, shouldn't take more than a few weeks maybe a month tops depending on your effort level, start self publishing on amazon

do this for a while, then create an exclusive collections of short stories and poems after a lot of practice on what works within the community, and start sending that off to various publishers and magazines

repeat until you kill yourself

Equality of letters, nice
Some people DO try too hard to be edgy

If I contract a terminal illness, I'm killing Rupi Kaur.

Not joking.

It's a hydra, you kill one five more will clamor for her place. feminism isn't real because women don't truly support each other, you'd literally just be giving some other bitch her 15 minutes.

why not write an even better book of poems than her and then mock her on tv lol

Is this what DFW meant by people who can utter banal platitudes sincerely?

I'm pretty sure that's a direct quote from my twisted world. Not even satire.

Yeah, if you Google the first sentence without line breaks the first result is literally My Twisted World.

thx senpai

how many poems should a book have?

It really doesn't matter, I'd say about three or four per chapter, maybe about four or five chapters if you mix it up with prose and short stories with the poems. You can have shorter collections too of just poetry.

be very minimalist is the design of your book. Have a title that isn't really related to the content to complete the aesthetic. make sure your foreign sounding name is very visible

I got you senpai

It's a cheap trick to appear aloof.

I think Mira and her friends do the same.

>whats its gonna be about?

it's gonna be about 100 pages with about 20 words and a childish scrawl on each page

what about her book coming out after that

>after many months of thoughtful conversations with my exceptional team I have wonderful news to share

>a few months ago I had the privilege of signing a new book-deal.

>what that means is i am currently tucked away in a quiet cabin somewhere putting the finishing touches on book two.

>tfw you will never feel this feel

>implying Bukowski is bad

Takes more talent that her. Plus, at least Bukowski had a world of experience before writing, and offered a somewhat unique angle.

Being a spoiled rich feminist cunt that writes motivational poster aphorisms is not poetry.

Childish and juvenile. The equivalent of pols current attempt at starting gang warfare through making spook accounts of random tyrones. If you believe there is an intellectual argument against this woman's popularity explain it clearly, send it for publication, do actual literary criticism. It should not take much effort if the work is as shallow as it appears.

kys

So much salt in this thread

harold bloom already did it

No, he was shit too for many of the same reasons. Misanthropic alcoholic postal worker is a more interesting background than some brown cunt online, yes, but that's about all he had going over her.

Would you guys be happy or mad if she took her criticism to heart, learned technique and this book is actually very good?

it scares you how accurate i was huh

well i guess ultimately it doesn't matter, but if i had to answer it would make me happy and hopeful

who was it that said a bad writer, with practice, can learn to be good; but a good writer will never be great?

slept on quands

Is this meant to be a poem? I read it as one.

>That slimy arrogance that seeps from her every written word like menstrual blood on a pair of soiled sweatpants
under roasted

lol no, but her poems are written very similar style

Haha, I hear you, but, I refuse to believe that any 57 year old man would start a reply with "fuck.", it just seems to millennial to me.

But yeah, I hope this cunt dies slow

>book-deal
what did she mean by this instead of
>book deal

go away rupi

nice bait

twitter.com/abony_williams

some anons are working on an alter-personality

bukowski is one of the worst memes in literature

please stop

that account will never take off unless it starts a meme

unironically this

Or someone involves it in a meme..................................................

....................................................ya

Too forced to grow organically

Did fucking Jaden Smith write this?

the cis white scum still more
to go in our town hand
in hand with the zionist
and media too we have to
kick them down we are of
color we unite and
we are ready to fight
side
by
side

fuck the swastika
fuck the holocaust
fuck the swastika
fuck the swastika
fuck the holocaust
fuck the mighty swastika

-rupi kaur

Nice one.

>Ultimately it doesn't matter
Reeeeee Nihilists get off my board, this is a Christian struggle board REEEEEE

i'm going to remove my
self
remove myself
so there won't be anything
left

because you are everyone
you hate
when you're asleep or
awake
all the choices you've made

you are everyone you hate
and it is ruining your
life

-rupi kaur

I've only read the first section of this book. I'd like to hear some critiques. I think the simplicity works for it, as it plainly says what it is trying to accomplish to those 'on the outside'. I am one of those outsiders because I am a cishet white dude. Which is fine, I'm not going to have a from experience understanding of what she's trying to say.

I was sat in a Barnes & Noble reading it alongside a girl who's been sexually assaulted and she started bawling. That sort of sold me on the idea that this book is, if not good, doing what it set out to accomplish.

>I was sat in a Barnes & Noble reading it alongside a girl who's been sexually assaulted and she started bawling.
i don't believe you .....

>keep gratitude alive in your heart
I am DEAD

sounds too much like a song, not a poem. her shit isn't musical or rhythmic

2/10 not subtle enough

>I was sat in a Barnes & Noble reading it alongside a girl who's been sexually assaulted and she started bawling. That sort of sold me on the idea that this book is, if not good, doing what it set out to accomplish.

True, but this statement has potential falsehoods. You zero in on the girl who has been sexually assaulted as if that is the only trait which allows her to appreciate poetry or literature, what other things does she usually read? Is she interested in literature in general or in genre fiction or self-help books? You must give a more whole statement to be entirely accurate.