Who came up with the pic related for multivariable limits? I cannot find it anywhere online...

Who came up with the pic related for multivariable limits? I cannot find it anywhere online, and in this notebook I have is written "Heine theorem". Apparently you can just substitute (1/n,1/n) and let n->inf, then (1/n,-1/n) and let n->inf, and if the answers match you have proven the limit exists? It seems a bit fishy to me, because the person I got the notebook from is not very good at maths, so I wanted to find it online, and I cannot literally find a mention of it anywhere, let alone the whole explanation.

So long story short, I just need the proper name of the theorem, and if you have a link with explanation or something, or have any resource to point me to, I'd be forever grateful.

Holy shit every time I ask for help, or try to study math from foreign books, or watch videos on maths it's always retarded levels on Calc. 1, 2 & 3. It seems that you people don't do half of shit we study in my shitty third world country. How the fuck.

>Apparently you can just substitute (1/n,1/n) and let n->inf, then (1/n,-1/n) and let n->inf, and if the answers match you have proven the limit exists?

No fucking way. You are retarded OP, because it would be really easy to disprove this theorem.

Consider the surface [math] z = \frac{|x|}{|y|} [/math]
Now go kill yourself, brainletto.

t. Someone living and studying in a third world country, so if you couldn't even do this then I would suggest that you categorize your country as something even shittier because you are shit amongst shit.

I'm asking you dumb fuck, of course I don't know what is it and does it even work. I'm just saying every time I ask anything, nobody has ever heard of it.

So you're saying the shit in the pic related doesn't even exist? That my prof. pulled it out of his ass? I'm not saying it definitely does prove that the limit exist, I said that's what somebody wrote in the notebook and that it's fishy.

The point of the question, you dumb asshole, was what is it, does anyone recognize something like this being used to work on multivariable limits. Jesus.

>third world argument

That trick only works in America

I love the fucking attitude here. I never understood shitting all over somebody who asks nicely. I mean if you don't want to help, don't, nobody forces you to be a shit person.

What does that notation even mean? Never seen that before.

>That my prof. pulled it out of his ass?

No, odds are that you are literally retarded. I know almost for a fact that what your professor said was the inverse of thst statement.

Second, I am only shitting on you because you are a lazy motherfucker. It took me less than 5 seconds to come up with a counter example. Your sheer unwillingness to put ANY work AT ALL and instead come here to shit up my board with K-12 tier questions looking to be spoonfed a wikipedia link or something is disgusting.

Consider suicide m8.

He in america we don't need that because we are first world ie. best world

I don't know exactly what theorem you're talking about, but I suspect you're thinking of Heine's definition of limits in terms of sequences:

We say that [math]\displaystyle\lim_{x\rightarrow L} f(x) = A [/math] iff for all sequences [math]x_n\rightarrow L[/math] the sequence [math]f(x_n)\rightarrow A[/math]. You should be able to generalize this to higher dimensions.

eat my shit, piggot

The fuck happened to Veeky Forums lateley?

Don't want to be all tumblr-y, and I'm all for banter, but just want you to know that I'm actually considering suicide for quite some time now, and exactly for a reason you're saying. I've been in college way too long, and I'm probably not intelligent enough to ever graduate. So try not to elaborate, twice, why someone should kill themselves, it really could push someone over the edge. I mean I'm too much of a pussy to do it so you're good here, but I just thought you might want to know.

What country are you from?

Nigger that's your problem, not his. He does not need to censor his speech because you have your own personal problems. You do not have the right to control other people like that.
>I'm considering suicide
>I'm too much of a pussy to do it
Then you aren't considering it.

Montenegro.

Go tell your mom to go fuck herself, then tell her it's her problem she doesn't understand the freedom of speech.

I'm not calling the cops on him, I'm merely stating that elaborating twice why somebody should kill themselves could have an effect he maybe did not consider at all, and that he wouldn't like that effect. If he doesn't care, it's completely fine, I'm not tying to force him to do anything.

Not true my friend. Just think about what doest it meean that function f has a limit at x equal to a. It eans that no matter how you approach x witch a sequance x_n, f(x_n) approaches to a. Now if you are on a plane the same principle should apply. But there is alot more way to approach the point (x_0,y_0), then just approaching them along the lines y=(x-x_0)+y_0, or y=-(x-x_0)+y_0.

>Montenegro
>negro
Opinion discarded.

Wow, that happens more often online than I'd like to admit. I don't know where you're from, but I bet you're more black than I am, there are literally 3 or 4 blacks in my country, all playing basketball.

Being Slavic tho, that's another issue, probably a worse one.

Okay, I have no idea what this shit in the notebook is, and it doesn't matter. If what I wrote is worthless, is squeeze theorem the only sure way to prove a multivariable limit exists? Are there any other techniques?

Getting offended over a common internet phrase is pretty pathetic, m8.

No, no, far from offended, you're missing the point. I'm just saying that maybe if you're in a bad place, wondering if you're too dumb to live, hearing "you're too dumb to live, kill yourself" from someone who doesn't even know you, might tell you that it really is that obvious.

polar coordinates and uniform convergence

I was just joking lmao, don't take it too personally.
Also, I'm from Lithuania and I have never seen a black person in my life.

Lol uniform convergence is what I've been searching for the entire time. Thank you mate, I'm forever grateful!

Yeah I know, it just happens a lot lol.

Yeah, not many black people in Ex-Yu or Ex-USSR. I wonder why.

Just a side thing, what language do they speak in Montenegro?

There's political disagreement over what to call it, but it's essentially Serbian or Serbo-Croatian in the past, whatever you want to call it. We all understand each other very well in former Yugoslavia (well appart from Slovenians, but they, weirdly enough, understand the rest just fine).

t. the guy you replied to
>but just want you to know that I'm actually considering suicide for quite some time now

Shit, you actually got me emotional. That said, leave Veeky Forums. I want to live in a world where everyone in Veeky Forums is a genius just like me and we all are exactly alike, with not a single difference.

Please go.