TO DA WINDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
to the window
TO DA WAAALL
to the wall

>he doesn't know basic alchemy symbolism
top hoo hah

To gaze upon you is to look introspectively at ones self

To question all that we are, where we are going, how we may get there

Shining ethereal light blankets the earth in your cold embrace, leaving us in awe of your sight

Our closest celestial body, monolithic in it's stature, your face is ours to gaze into forever.

Fair Moon, to thee I sing, bright regent of the Heavens. Why is everything either in sixes or in sevens?

Dear Artemis
I heard you used to fuck guys who found you bathing like a girl in an anime
Please go back to doing that desu
Love,
Tim

>her

No, she used to sprinkle them with water, turn them into stags, and let her hounds tear them apart. Hot.

You who've shone above all the horror, all the joy of piteous men, locked in orbit by gravtiy's jail - you who silver drive the horses mad and move the ocean with a shiver - you bastard moon and mocker, what have you to say? WE GOT YOU TOO.

lol nice holes famalam

Does he approve?

I like it at any rate

Moonman,
Moonman,
Can't you see?
Spics & niggers
Need to hang from trees.
And I just love your racist ways,
I guess that's why their mom is black
And you're so great.

Wax or wane, it's big like Bane

Reminds me of my bitches ass
Fat craters
Fat ass

The argent bosom of space stands watching, floating in celestial pattern, merely waiting for its time once more.

Soon.

Sorry I should lurk moar on r/alchemy

his own hounds you fucking faggot

you missed so many layers

Dude, cultures all around the world have seen the moon as a female deity for millennia. Even isolated ones.
This is not about "reddit", and you're a fool for implying it is

Really? How many layers did he miss?

She has nice f-feet

:3

Two faced bitch
never shows me her ass
and she's got nice holes
but she's named them
after old dead men
and mythological creatures
she likes more than me.
You can buy a sq mile
of her loose sediment
if you care about owning
a timeshare of light
more than the money,
but, once a month,
when she feels
big
attractive
and moony
she creeps up to my window
"Hey baby let me in
I'll light up your dim
world with me and my light
at 1am, for free."
I close the blinds again,
and she polishes up
the sea of tranquility
just to bother me.

You rock!

kekked tbhm8

I call her Clara.She is my perfect woman.

Big ball of rock in the sky you are. Beautiful to some.

the moon is the mirror of time.

Half the time we shun you
You are twice the ball we are
Mighty Sol can't pick your lock
More diligent by far

shes not "earth's moon"
shes herself moon, you fucking bigoted moron
her body, her rules

I see the moon, and the moon sees me
God made the moon, and God made me (:

I wish you were real.

Now, Andy did you hear about this one?
Tell me, are you locked in the punch?
Andy are you goofing on Elvis? Hey, baby
Are we losing touch?

If you believed they put a man on the moon
Man on the moon
If you believe there's nothing up his sleeve
Then nothing is cool

not germanic ones

>le look at me i'm so much smarter than u even tho what i say is wrong :))))

the earth isn't a planet
in its own right
the moon and earth
form a codependent system
of complementary orbits
and without each other
we would disintegrate
into space
like a slingshot
of space dust

we need each other
really

many cultures actually see the moon as male. In general, the consensus is female, but... ya

>introspectively at one's self

>impling I'm going to release my five page document which contains all my descriptions and musings on the moon that shall be added like puzzle pieces into my novel

no thanks I'm not having my shitty ideas stolen

>her
As a German speaker it's weird to me how the moon is considered female and the sun considered male in English. It's the other way round over here.

>many cultures actually see the moon as male. In general, the consensus is female, but... ya

Was it always the majority of people in the culture just like "ok... whatever you say... man....just... we have a busy day today, of collecting rocks and sticks...but ok yea.... she is a big pretty girl, ha..ha." when these people would sexualize/genderize objects?

why do you think that is? The sun is considered man because it is ultimate power, it is central, it is strong, it can burn, it creates, it is brilliant

I suppose it can be considered female, because it creates/gives life, and is giving, sacrificial in general... and its hawt..

I suppose the moon being male, because its cold (and dead, inside), and just playing second fiddle, allowing the female to get all the light and be on a pedestal

That wasn't my point in saying that it was just a joke like my original comment. Picture my surprise when on a website as autistic as this someone doesn't understand that someone is joking

>"ok... whatever you say... man....just... we have a busy day today, of collecting rocks and sticks...but ok yea.... she is a big pretty girl, ha..ha."

-I know this sounds crazy, but, I think shes looking at me
-no...what?.no... that doesnt sound crazy at all
-I had a dream about her last night you know..she was wearing a silken gown, I could see the outline of her round nude behind
-nice, man...awesome, nice
-this may sound crazy..but..im gonna fuck the moon.. someday.. I just.. cant get her out of my head
-no I hear you, ive got faith in you brother, just be yourself.. keep being persistent

2000 years later
*camera pans to neil armstrong, humping a crater*

She's a jewish robot

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO REDDIT!! DO NOT EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT NAME TO ME!! PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE REDDIT AROUND HERE, EVEN JOKINGLY IF YOU ASSOCIATE IT WITH ME YOU MAY RUIN MY REPUTATION!!! JUST STOP!! QUIT WHILE YOUR BEHIND

You say it's a her
I say you're a fag
I'm at ten out of ten
With my 9gag swag

Now listen hear young man I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake

pound that mochi well
please make it nice and sticky
mister space bunny

it is white.

/pol/ would cry and fight.

because they love white.

and other people might.

have a differing opinion despite.

the fact they genuinely believe a web forum full of crying teenage, dick-head, virgin, fucking BBC wanking over losers is 'always right'.

>'always right'.
...it is tho

>didnt get the memo

Yeah remember when /pol/ successfully predicted Mit Romney winning the election? Truly always right, not that you'd know about that since you're fresh off the boat from /r/The_Donald :^)

*starts to shove shelves of texts and notebooks in the furnace. climbs the wheeled ladder to the large chalk board and draws 1 small tally*

On lonely nights,
I seek for you.

Reliable old friend, you're
lovely in your
quiet warmth, your
pocket change enormity.

Your visits are subtle.
Often I don't even notice,
caught in the trappings of
my minuscule life.

You take my presumption, though,
in utter grace.

Even through
your celestial rounds, ancient and
colossal as the heavens, you
always
find time to
find me.

"What? Say something poetic about it?" This really had him embarassed. He was hoping she'd ask for money, or to go on a trip - something he could provide with ease "okay... uh.. let me get out a pen..." he took a few steps and leaned in the open door of his car, bent at the waist. It was akward, and she avoided looking directly at him - didn't want to spook the powerful man by making him aware of his uncoordinated appearnace. But he figured it out quickly on his own, readjusted, and took a seat in his drivers' chair; pen in hand, paper receipt on the steering wheel. He pursed his lips and tappped the pen in a frantic pattern for awhile - then looked askew back at her, near pleading: "And if I write this, you'll never tell anyone it was me, and I will be forgiven?"
She laughed and spun on her heels - digging a little pit in the dirt and she rotated, alternating feet in a goofy, dance, "Well, I'll be much happier with you." His eyebrows went up - requesting more and she aqueisessed, "Haha fine, I'll forgive you fully. BUT," She held up a finger, and held his eyes, "You'd better never fire me again. Unless I deserve it."
"Agreed," he said, looking back at his blank sheet "oh man. I've never written a poem before. God this is hard..."
"It doesn't have to be a poem. Just poetic. Say something beautiful about our moon," she purred, pointing up at the great, glowing orb.
And he started wrting, immediately crossing out his words - with more violence than was required, and within moments, the paper was crumpled, and he was digging around for something to use when she proffered her notebook. "Here, use this."

And he looked up the length of her arm, and where it attached to her tanned sholders, and slender neck and up to her face. He put his hand under the book for back pressure and quickly wrote: "The moon is beautiful, like you." on the cover. Before she could turn her eyes upon the words, he grabbed her wrist, and pulled her closer, nearly into the front seat with him.
"Boy you really don't want my forgiveness do you?"
"More than anything, except for your love." He said to her mouth.

I was surprised by this.
Nicely done!

These nuanced little conversations are the true gem of /lit !!!

>For all intensive purposes

It should read: For all intents and purposes

"intensive purposes" is wrong

Intents and purposes* you mean

You watched us born and grow. Hope one day we'll make you proud as you should be, mom.

>Intents and purposes* you mean

doh! ty

M-m-m-multi-BAIT!

Thanks, I'd tune it up a bit still looking at now though
>Two faced bitch
>never shows me her [back]
>and she's got nice holes
>but she's named them [all]
>after old dead men
>and mythological creatures
>she [loves] more than me.
>You can buy a sq mile
>of her loose sediment
>if you care about owning
>a timeshare of light
>more than the money,
>but, once a month,
>when she feels
>big
>attractive
>and moony
>she creeps up to my window
>"Hey baby let me in
>I'll light up your dim
>world with me and my light
>at 1am, for free."
>I [shut] the blinds again,
>and she [shines] up
>the sea of tranquility
>just to [fuck with] me.
not sure about all the changes but most of them make better use of assonance than what i had

>not sure about all the changes but most of them make better use of assonance than what i had

Overall I like the changes too ... but I don't think it should be too polished. I liked the raw, little rough side to your poem. Very appropriate because of the subject matter, and also the sharpness of your words.

yeah, the more I read it, the more I like it.
Thanks again!!

>when user pretends to be you
k
probably what i need to do is knock about two or three changes back, but fuck that for the moment.

>>when user pretends to be you

lol sorry. I can see how'd it look like that but, no. Both replies were from me. I just didn't say everything I wanted to with the first reply.

yeah thanking me for my Veeky Forums poetry seemed like the less likely option.

Veeky Forums's been waning in poetry and i love threads like this.

Me too.

Often my sincerity is met with cynicism and criticism, and for awhile it kept me from posting at all.

Then I remembered I didn't give a fuck. :)

A few good threads, or thoughtful responses, makes all the other shit posts worth it.

The worlds can be one together
Cosmos without hatred
Stars like diamonds in your eyes
The ground can be space (space, space, space, space)
With feet marching towards a peaceful sky
All the Moonmen want things their way
But we make sure they see the sun
Goodbye, Moonmen
We say goodbye, Moonmen
Goodbye, Moonmen
Goodbye, Moonmen
Oh, goodbye

Cosmos without hatred
Diamond stars of cosmic light
Quasars shine through endless nights
And everything is one in the beauty
And now we say goodbye, Moonmen
We say goodbye, Moonmen
Goodbye, Moonmen
Goodbye, Moonmen
Oh, goodbye

WELL

YOU GOT CRATERED

A BIT

SORRY

>Quasars shine through endless nights

People don't use the word quasars enough.

The white moon, with her dark patches, stood alternately shrouded and naked by regular degrees, for an age.

Her white lie of mystery and elusion continued unabated until the sequel.

One day one dozen white men went and won.

Entering her dark patches time and again, vindicating the Baconian mastery of the masculine endeavour over the feminine mystery.

She still lies. Her friends sometimes lie to spare her ego, and theirs, that her conquerers came, and took pictures of the whole thing.

But for evidence. And what is more, it is a good thing.

>Entering her dark patches time and again, vindicating the Baconian mastery of the masculine endeavour over the feminine mystery.

Ooo._oo
I think I really like that.

omg. You have a gift.

>In her Silvery dress she ascends, Cloaked in stars her radiance she lends. Piercing the eternal shadow her glory abounds, Dancing across the horizon her song resounds. 'hush Hush' the watchman sings, 'Hush Hush' her song on the wave rings. As her song fades, her brilliance descends. To rest, to sleep. to return once again.

More please, user!
It's beautiful.
I'm sure the moon would blush, were she to read it.

wow it's talent

Her antiquity in preceding and surviving succeeding tellurian generations: her nocturnal predominance: her satellitic dependence: her luminary reflection: her constancy under all her phases, rising and setting by her appointed times, waxing and waning: the forced invariability of her aspect: her indeterminate response to inaffirmative interrogation: her potency over effluent and refluent waters: her power to enamour, to mortify, to invest with beauty, to render insane, to incite to and aid delinquency: the tranquil inscrutability of her visage: the terribility of her isolated dominant resplendent propinquity: her omens of tempest and of calm: the stimulation of her light, her motion and her presence: the admonition of her craters, her arid seas, her silence: her splendour, when visible: her attraction, when invisible.

:^)

>her satellitic dependence
/drool
lol I'm embarrassed by how I'm fawning.
lovely, just lovely. thank you.

Idk if you're being ironic but that's just some Joyce lmao. No one here could write like that
Now go read Ulysses

Moon, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Moo-oo-n.

Oh man.
I wasn't - but now I don't feel bad for falling in love.

Please source. You're breakin' a poor sap's heart.

Well since you're requesting...

>In her Silvery dress she ascends, Cloaked in stars her radiance she lends. Piercing the eternal shadow her glory abounds, Dancing across the horizon her song resounds. 'hush Hush' the watchman sings, 'Hush Hush' her song on the wave rings. As her song fades, her brilliance descends. To rest, to sleep. to return once again.

>Again she returns, the Maiden of night, Her gown fading, concealing her light. Her radiance tarnished, her glory obscured, The guardian of Earth,beauty assured. Still, Still Her noble glow bared, Still, Still Her dance is unmarred. Again she slips beyond the horizon, Again to rest, to dream to hope beyond reason.

> The maiden returns her dress fading still. Her love, her joy, her groom concealing her will. Her dance for him and her love never ending, Her motions reflecting his, her beauty ever sending. "Look, Look. My glory may fade. Look, Look, My love will remain." She whispers her words to him as a most intimate lover, She whispers her words forever and ever.

>The Maiden again, now darker then coal, The Shy night Maiden concealed by his whole. Her visage now gone, the darkness abounds. Her beauty now given to Her mate to be found. "Love, Love, I will never leave you alone. Love, Love, I will ever make it known." Light returns as the circle completes. The maiden's dance, Eternally sweet.

do you post poems here often?

Thank you! Your words are beautiful.

This is my first time posting poems here.

That is all mine. No real source to post.

>That is all mine. No real source to post.
Good. It'd feel terrible to be jerked around by someone using such beautiful words.

Yeah I figured if OP was asking for something poetic about the Moon, it should be my own words.

post some more poems

>post some more poems
Let's start a poem thread to bait him!

was gonna post this if someone hadn't thanks senpai

user left out the best part though, the preceding question:
"What special affinities appeared to him to exist between the moon and woman?"

One more for tonight. I'll even keep it on theme.
I'm a her actually but... I might post more tomorrow. Its getting a little late here.

>From times unknown, the Shield Maiden stands. Her armor dented her shield in hand. The Warrior goddess protecting, withstanding small and large. The Heavenly White Knight, guarding her charge. She's withstood many assaults both big and the small. She'll withstand many more for she can never fall. The Great Shield Maiden, standing guard day and night. The heavenly Maiden to defend and to fight.

Very talented. Thank you for sharing your poems.

Great thread, btw OP!

I'm a female too, but default to male pronouns when writing... wish there was a neutral option. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Honestly, on here its just go with the flow I think. Unless you're posting your breasts you're dubbed male anyway. You could use Ze Zim Zhee or whatever that line is.