Should we Be Worried About This?

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9337990/Not-enough-hours-in-the-day-Scientists-predict-time-will-stop-completely.html

Apparently time will stop eventually. What if im in the middle of a really bad moment will time stops? Will I suffer for eternity? For example what if I'm in a lot of pain, lifting a huge weight, or under a cold shower, or being pinched RIGHT when time stops. Will I suffer forever? Should we be worried about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.77.027501
youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're already suffering forever

What about when i die?

I think your life, consciousness and senses will "stop" too.

Woudln't it just be frozen in a painful state.

Considering things like suffering and thought still actually require the passage of time, being completely frozen in time (even if you were alive when it froze) would be indistinguishable from being dead.

I didn't bother reading the article but assume eventually means well beyond most hopeful estimates for people existing in the first place. And I wouldn't worry because if it ever "started back" you wouldn't know it ever stopped.

I wouldn't know it but wouldn't i still be in a super painful state? Does it really require time?

Yes, user, experiences require time. I suppose unless you're a dualist in which case you are fuuuuucked so hard.

Your consciousness and perception don't exist outside of time, it would be like death, but everywhere and everything

>Actual paper
>Is the accelerated expansion evidence of a forthcoming change of signature on the brane?
>We show that regular changes of signature on brane worlds in bulks may account for some types of the recently fashionable sudden singularities. Therefore, the possibility that the Universe seems to approach a future sudden singularity at an accelerated rate of expansion might simply be an indication that our brane world is about to change from Lorentzian to Euclidean signature. Both the brane and the bulk remain fully regular everywhere. We present a model in which the weak and strong energy conditions hold on the brane, in contrast with the standard cosmologies leading to the analogous kinematical behavior (that is, with a diverging Hubble factor).
>journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.77.027501

>Clickbait article
>HURR TIME WILL STOP !!!11!!!

Stop linking to this clickbait garbage """journalism""".

the process of sensing pain or thinking takes time

universe is eternal. all you experienced will happen once again. and again
forever

>all you experienced will happen again
but experienced from a different perspective
what you did to others will be done to you
that's how you learn

We've been on an increasingly recursive time loop for a while. Time won't stop it will just fold back on itself.

Time is a flat circle...

they're just describing heat death of the universe

time is just increase in entropy, at some point there will be no way for entropy to increase, therefore time will stop

That was literally one of the worst articles I've ever read.

youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

>when time stops
>forever
which is it

this
/thread

Only if time stops today.
If not you'll see probably worse.

Are these the 'alternative facts' that I've been hearing so much about?

This is fucking stupid, time slowing down wouldn't change our perception of the time.

>the scientists are spanish
oh, it all makes sense, now

Its too late for books at this point in time. Youtube, on the other hand..

With open mind listen to, first Tenrence Mckenna and after Dolores Cannon, to understand our situation "truly enough".

Western civilizations has been perfecting science (matter and energy) for 5000 years. Meanwhile, time was figured by eastern civilizations long time ago (I Ching). Terence, forged them thogether and created Timewave Zero theory, which predicts end of time around 2018 (can't be predicted accurately).

End of time means infinite novelty. Our spicies is ascending into higher dimension people, what a time to be alive lmfao

>3366
Synchronicity is a real thing btw.

>time stopping
>being worried about such nonsense

If time ever stopped you would not notice it had stopped. You only notice changes in the environment. No time [math]\implies[/math] no change [math]\implies[/math] not noticing.

If you're neurotic enough to get spooked about this sort of shit you should stop reading the news entirely. You're going to stress yourself to death and everyone will laugh at you.

user, time stops for the equivalent of a billion years every second. It literally takes you two billion years to live two seconds, but you don't notice that do you?

To every other universe, our's is a very slow slideshow.

isn't it a bit early in the day to be smoking weed