Neanderthal Intelligence

If homo sapiens had died out for any reason thousands of years ago, leaving neanderthals as the dominant species on earth, would they have become advanced as we are?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/06/120614-neanderthal-cave-paintings-spain-science-pike/#/54922.jpg
i.imgur.com/7TZLusr.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, would they have been more peaceful or violent than we are, or about the same?

No since they had man boobs.

No.... go back to /pol/ Neadnerthals were less advanced than humans. They never developed advanced tools that humans did, and did not produce as many cultural artifacts as humans, and the large majority that are neanderthal are from after human migration into europe. There is only one cave painting attributed to neanderthals, and it's some fucking hand prints on the walls. During the same time, humans were making intricate cave paintings of humans, animals and rituals.

They adapted the technology of Hom Saps, suggesting they were intelligent. As to why they didn't invent much, they lived in very small bands of ~a dozen members, as against the large clans of 100+ of the hom saps. More brains = more technology.

Please stay on Veeky Forums pol doesn't want you, what you said was dumb

Haven't you noticed that those who look most like Neanderthals are often inbred morons?

They copied humans. Population has nothing to do with collective intelligence.

More advanced. Neanderthal interbreeding with homo sapiens accounts for the higher IQs of Asians and Europeans vs Africans.

Possibly, probably not. They matured much faster which narrows the learning window, or at least the period of being a sponge

So if pure homo sapiens are stupid and neanderthals too, does that mean that >we
superior whites are more than just the sum and race mixing is great?

Neanderthals remain dominant in large regions of the world. Take for example Africa, Germany, and California

Me on the left tbqh fäm

What I've heard from anthropology circles is that, pound for pound, neanderthals were more intelligent than humans. They matured faster, they learned faster, they made tools, they had ceremonial burial, etc. But what they didn't have was a sophisticated language nor organization into large groups for whatever reason. Humans didn't need to be as intelligent to have the same amount of knowledge, and the large groups served as a database for oral knowledge, greatly enhancing the group's utility. Meanwhile, neanderthals would already learn what they needed to know easily, and they did not have large groups with sophisticated language, which reduced their ability to adapt to difficult problems that required a long time to solve.

And Aboriginals too I suppose...

Humanbiologist here. Neandertalers are like Niggers. They had about the same brain size as whites, but their physival capabilities are way superior. Now that sounds like an advantage at first, but a superior body needs more brain mass to operate. More brain mass for operation of the body = less brain mass for logical thinking and social capabilities. Neandertalers for example had bigger eyes, which allowed them to operate more visual information, than Homo Sapiens. But this also required more brain mass dedicated to seeing.

With niggers it is similar. They are superior in sports because more brain mass is dedicated to the coordination of the body. But this also means less brain mass for logic thinking etc.

This is also why Asians perform the best in IQ tests. They have small eyes and generally the smallest regions of the brain are dedicated to the coordination/operation of the body. Hence they have the largest brain mass that is dedicated to logical thinking. It's really funny, but their slit eyes are probably the main reason they are smarter than us.

This is the biggest load of bullshit I ever read. Srsly

Actually Africans are notable for having no Neanderthal admixture unlike everyone else in the world.

Humanbiologist from here. Only female DNA though, and not very significant portions of the DNA.

Is this your attempt at humor?

>this meme again

Africans have the lowest amounts of Neanderthal admixture relative to other populations not none at all.

Why do we have so many posters with poor reading comprehension?

t. Hans

Go back to /pol/ with your autism.

>Females don't pass on their DNA to their offspring if they are male

>With niggers it is similar. They are superior in sports because more brain mass is dedicated to the coordination of the body.

there is 0 evidence for them either having more brain mass dedicated to coordination or having better coordination than other races.

>doesn't know what chromosome-linked inheritance is

Don't argue things you don't know. I'm an engineer/math major and even I know that it is possible

Here's a high school biology lesson. You get half your chromosomes from one parent, and half from your other parent. Half your chromosomes are from your mom, half are from your dad.

Gene expression can be gender-specific hun. Male pattern baldness, X-linked inheritance, etc etc. you see this all the time in anomalies specific or widely predominant in one sex more than the other

You inherit half, but which genes are expressed is very variable

What the fuck are you talking about? is on the mark.

Yea sure... next you'll tell me having neanderthall DNA makes you super smart and super human!

Neck yourself, you sub-3 sigma monkey. We don't take kindly to brainlets.

Sounds like they were just spics.

It clearly didn't because homo sapiens wiped them out.

Fuck off, you're dumb. Basing intelligence on how good the art is... I guess pufferfish are smarter than neanderthals.

Well a neanderthal (grigori perelman) solved a millenial prize problem..checkmate humans

no they would invent a bent stick and a hollow log over the course of like 40k years and have an average IQ of 62

I think people remember old thinking still posted in news from time to time. Back in the day when Neanderthals were considered sub humans it was un-PC to have any of their genes in homo sapiens. Laster when it was found it remained un-PC to say there were any admixtures in Africans. That is until some of the Neanderthal genes were found to be beneficial.

What scientists know differs from what the journalists will grunt out. They have a lot to answer for.

>If homo sapiens had died out for any reason thousands of years ago, leaving neanderthals as the dominant species on earth, would they have become advanced as we are?
>No.... go back to /pol/

He's actually a false-flagging troll if you didn't realize

>they'd probably become elves and dwarfs
too bad our ancestors had to ruin it for us

Wow! How have I been so blind?!?!?

Thanks user

You're making the assumption that your reasoning is correct, but it is more than likely not.

Here's the only known exaple that MIGHT be a neanderthal cave painting
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/06/120614-neanderthal-cave-paintings-spain-science-pike/#/54922.jpg

Here is a homo sapien painting from near the same time
i.imgur.com/7TZLusr.jpg

Not to mention they barely had any cultural artifacts at all; jewelry, intricate tools for specific tasks and musical instruments. You can count the ones attributed to neanderthals on one hand, while humans were making them for tens of thousands before they even migrated to Europe.

How the hell does anyone know if neanderthals had sophisticated language or not? They died out before either species had written language. Spoken words don't fossilize.

>More brain mass for operation of the body = less brain mass for logical thinking
That is why Stephen Hawking is so smart?...

Maybe thats why i feel so smart when i get high? Dude....totally!!! I get super high and chink eyed and my brain gets to use my optical brain power to process nudes.

Its free real estate

TIL neanderthals were basically russians

>If homo sapiens had died out for any reason thousands of years ago, leaving neanderthals as the dominant species on earth, would they have become advanced as we are?

we don't know, and your question is stupid.

Maybe humans were the bad guys? Neanderthals were peaceful and enlightened by their superior brains; then they got slaughtered by savage beast men.

At least they are not autistic apes that went extinct.