If antimatter exists why can't we see it on our Earth?

If antimatter exists why can't we see it on our Earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/science/2016/12/first-observation-of-antimatters-spectrum-looks-like-regular-matter/
nature.com/nature/journal/v541/n7638/full/nature21040.html
joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Our eyes don't exist

cool fidget spinners

Bullshit, we have seen antimatter on earth. Like literally seen it:
arstechnica.com/science/2016/12/first-observation-of-antimatters-spectrum-looks-like-regular-matter/

It took lasers and some really sensistive photodetectors, but yeah, we can fucking see it

Matter + Antimatter = 0 = Explosion
The matter is still here, our Earth is still here, why?

Because they didn't make enough antimatter to destroy the earth.

1 gram of antimatter + 1 gram of matter = Tsar Bomba

Earth + Anti Earth = 0 = Explosion
Our Earth is still here, why?

Oh I don't know, maybe because they only used ~25,000 antihydrogen atoms? Which is nowhere near enough to blow up anything.
nature.com/nature/journal/v541/n7638/full/nature21040.html

A Tsar bomba's not going to destroy the earth.

Where is the anti-Earth?

It looks exactly like regular matter. Half the stars in the sky could be antimatter for all we know

Nowhere. All the antimatter made by the universe in the beginning hit all the regular matter and only a little regular matter was left.

And if some region of the universe were made of antimatter, it wouldn't look the least bit different anyway.

>explore some isolated planetary system on the edge of the galaxy
>oh it happens to be anti -- boom

>tfw this will never happen in your life time

Shouldn't antimatter accelerate away from the earth at 9.81m/s^2?

its use is routine, brainlet

Antimatter still has normal mass. You want negative mass for a positive interaction with gravity like that, which is not a property of antimatter.

"Antimatter"...pfft.....more like "anti normal charge"

dumb gorilla poster

the entire reason we don't see it is because it's accelerating away, dumb gorilla poster

what if the andromeda galaxy is all antimatter and it collides with us, the milky way, which is all matter

Would it...... matter?

It would be more of a spectacle until we die I would assume

On a related note, if Andromeda collided with milky way like this, how long would it take for us to feel the consequences? (I suppose there isn't a way to estimate a collision speed?)

We probably wouldn't notice - well, aside from the astronomers and various stargazers.

Galaxies are mostly empty space. The merger of the two galaxies (and eventually, all the blue shifted galaxies), isn't going to be particularly catastrophic for the occupants.

Unless it gives birth to a quasar in the core, as then we're all going to be irradiated to hell. Last I heard there was some debate as to whether even a galaxy made of the entire local group would be sufficient for that - don't think we really know enough about quasar formation to be sure one way or the other.

How fast would we die if we were ejected from the solar system to emptiness as a result of some collision?

I think this image would be alot brighter and not as linear

Pretty fast... But the point is, it's extremely unlikely to happen. There's a whole lotta empty space between those stars.

I dunno man it's pretty dense in the middle, even if we aren't directly hit, I feel like some rubble or something should hit us

In Africa.

Most of the matter tends to be concentrated pretty close to those stars, and even there shit is sparse as fuck. You could draw lines as thick as the Earth, millions of light years long, radiate them in a random direction, every second, for millions of years, and never hit anything but the sun or the moon. It *looks* pretty dense, but even at the dead center, outside of the Sagittarius-A black hole, it really isn't, as even in the core there's usually light years between stars that aren't already paired up.

joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

There's just not much matter in the universe, and most of what there is, is congealed in very tight spaces.

We won't be here... In a billion years the sun's gonna be so hot that'll have converted all our oceans into steam, and in five billion years, when this collision is due to happen, it'll be a red giant and have reduced the planet to slag, if not have completely absorbed it.

Somewhere in between there I suppose Mars might be a nice place to live - if not for very long, relatively speaking.

The planet's surface would become uninhabitable rather quickly, but the core would take a very very long time to cool off. Humanity could likely survive underground or underwater for several thousand years. Dunno about millions of years cuz who knows if humanity will survive that long even if we keep our sun

It's science fiction

Someone wrote a short science fiction story about that

Astronaut discovers a seemingly inhabitable planet, but realizes it is anti-matter and he cannot land.

are we really going to become a shitty elliptical galaxy? lame

Because muonic particle pair decay is matter biased.

you think they just had barrels of antimatter sitting in a warehouse somewhere?

Are you drunk?
Obviously it's stored in antibarrels in an antiwarehouse

if my car were made of antimatter, would I have to put freeze in the radiator?

Is Australia made out of antimatter?

no, it is made out of spiders.

No, it's normal matter, except all the spins are opposite

nope. antiheat.

Not at all until our sun stops supporting the earth, which it probably will have by the time the collision is complete.

How did they know that they generated anti hydrogen