I need to create a small EMP blast

I need to generate a small electromagnetic pulse to disable a small electronic device (an alarm clock) that is behind an inaccessible locked door.
What tools would I need to do this and how can I regulate the size of the pulse to keep it small and localize it to this 1 room and not take out the rest of the electrical system which the device I need to disable is plugged into.

A one kilogram copper ingot, a cars suspension spring and 2 car batteries

moar about inaccessible door

Powertool and a hammer.

It's a regular wooden door, locked with a standard key.

You can use salvaged microwave magnetrons to fry electronics at a range of a few feet. Or just try to cause a power surge in their apartment.

Can't do that, it's my apartment too.
Also this thing I need to neutralise is plugged into an outlet in the wall to our mains electrical circuit. I need to minimalise the blast radius/impact to just this one room and take out just this one small device.

Have you tried not being autistic and asking them to turn it down? Tried earbuds?

The person is on vacation for a week and deliberately left it plugged with an alarm set to go off at 4am until 7am every morning. It's driving me insane and I need to destroy it. It's ruining my ability to work during the day.

Call the landlord

Flip the circuit breaker, most alarms will be reset by a power interruption.

Not an option. I need a way to disable/destroy this thing without breaking into their room.

It's either a cell phone or an alarm clock, I'm not sure which.
If it's a cell, killing the charge from the circuit won't kill the phone right? I need something to totally disable/destroy the phone, temporarily at least.
But if it breaks permanently too, oh well.

Shut down the power in the room by flipping the circuit breaker. Takes 9 seconds, instead of making an EMP you crazy person.

But if it's just a cell phone which I suspect it may be, it's plugged into the wall charging to keep it alive. Just killing the circuit to the persons room won't kill the cellphone's battery.

No, but the battery will drain in a day max, if the alarm is going off for 3 hours, if you keep the power in the room off. It's still gonna work sooner than making a homemade directional EMP which might not even be possible, and you could give yourself cancer if you start playing with microwave magnetrons.

OK thanks I will just do that instead.
Reading up on creating and controlling small EMP blasts and it's a lot more complex and time consuming than I had figured.
That being said I sure wouldn't mind 'accidentally' frying all the other electronic devices in that cunt's room and leaving no evidence.
But whatever, thanks for the advice. I'm gonna kill the circuit to their room and just not switch it back on. Leave it off until they call an electrician to come around and look at it, then switch it back on 1 min before he arrives so they still have to pay the callout/service fee.

Also find a new roomie next year, that shit's not healthy. I mean my roommates are loud and slam doors in 4am waking me up, but we have good enough of a relationship to call them out on it and ask them not to do it, so they don't anymore. That passive agressive bullshit you got going on.... Just find a new roomate.

bro.......you don't even know the half of it.......thanks for the advice.
Just gonna kill the circuit to the room and leave it dead and not turn it back on at all ever. Me and my other roommate have been losing our minds all week being woken up by this thing and trying to go do a day's work on fuckall sleep. It was done on purpose, by design. Locked behind a door and set for the middle of the night deliberately to fuck with us.

Came here to post this

create a microwave gun and point it where the alarm clock might be

Honestly if I were you I'd go through the door, throw the phone to the nearest large body of water and deal with the consequences. Maybe buy a cow head from a local butcher and leave it on his bed for good measure.

But that's just me.

Nigger at least TRY to disable the power before you start to do some retarded supervillain shit. What's wrong with you?

sleep deprivation

You can purchase an automatic lock pick online for not a lot of money. Or you can buy a lock pick set and use this as an opportunity to learn an interesting new skill.