Le 19th century Russian novels xD

>le 19th century Russian novels xD
End this meme. The Russians didn't contribute anything to Western literature. Flaubert is better in every single way.

1/10
But because it's Veeky Forums, people will bite

flaubert loved tolstoy though

source ?

>Flabbert
>contributing anything

>he reads french literature

But what other Western culture was in the unique position to witness the rapid effects of modernity on traditional life?

WEW

The frenchies have contributed the most in the entire field of literature tbqhfyfkwisjzpltyf.

t. American
kys >>>>>>>>>/reddit/

turgenev introduced tolstoy to him (flaubert also like turgenev). flaubert replied

Thank you for making me read Tolstoy's novel [''War and Peace''] . It's first-rate. What a painter and what a psychologist! The first two [volumes] are sublime; but the third goes terribly to pieces. He repeats himself and he philosophizes! In fact the man, the author, the Russian are visible, whereas up until then one had seen only Nature and Humanity. It seems to me that in places he has some elements of Shakespeare. I uttered cries of admiration during my reading of it . . . and it's long! Tell me about the author. Is it his first book? In any case he has his head well screwed on! Yes! It's very good! Very good!

(i agree with flaubert that war and peace has too much philosophizing. i like anna karenina more and i think flaubert would have as well.)

wtf i like flaubert even more now ( i'm russian )

>being this much of a pleb

They also destroyed Western culture.

how will you go on about backing up your autistic claim ?

frenchfags really did fuck everything up. the only thing you faggots have is napoleon, but the germans outdid that loser.

Pathetic. All of this. I should really unlearn going to Veeky Forums

He doesn't hate French philosophy, someone on /pol/ or /r9k/ posted an infographic about why Baudrillard and Foucault caused OP to remain a virgin into his mid-20s and he's taking it out on Veeky Forums.

you should, you french pissant.

>he thinks he comprehends interboard dynamics
what's it like to be a pleb?

see: the revolution

Why does their contribution matter? Everything 20th century onwards is pure trash

The decadence of the French apes begat the violent democratic-populist and fascist movements of the 20th century which culminated in the most horrific slaughters ever witnessed by mankind, and they played host to the dormant spores of Marxism, which unfolded through the works of the French post-modernists and is currently eroding the foundation of Western Universities; the humanities have died, and they'll soon go after the STEM fields. Their only lasting positive contribution to Western culture are in purely hedonistic fixations (fashion and cuisine).

Has anyone else read the Flaubert piece in the last LRB?

>germans contributing anything to history other than a mess of autistic screeching