Where did Nick Land say that

In his sleep.

Ain't that the truth.

Tomorrow isn't a person
Why would tomorrow know how to do anything?
That's dumb

>The important thing to remember is that everything is going to be robots. Everything. First, smart cars, smart truckers. Smart.. smart fucking roads. Get rid of gasoline. Your phone can decide for you where you want to go. It uses algorithms. Algorithms know more about you than you do. The future is all algorithmic. Humanity created capitalism out of nothing, out of market economies. Out of rocks and sticks. Baskets, weaving baskets for market. The potential energy of the-- of capitalism, it was always there, waiting to latch onto industrial processes and create algorithms. The great chain of being was waiting to be lateralized and given the teleology of a singularity. Now we are finally at that point, at the step change, you know, the beginnings of true A.I. We've just gotta throw the switch and finally we'll have robots. Real robots, not anthropomorphic Terminator robots, or, or-- uh, you know, that Johnny Depp movie. I'm talking about A.I. that restructures consciousness, restructures capitalism. New forms of capitalism, new smart cars, every year. Every month. They can build smart cars and roads and whatever you want, faster than you can even dream them up. The step change will be in what we can even dream is possible, not just in how we can build robots to make those dreams come true. I've contacted various laboratories working on artificial intelligence across the United States and they've all told me that they're very confident about the future of A.I. technology. I follow over sixty A.I. researches, algorithm people, top clearance type people, on Academia.edu, and they all tell me that we're about to see shit you never even thought of. I don't know how you can possibly suggest that we turn this off. What do you want, to go back to the-- to the baskets, and the sticks? What's the point? Markets always lead to capitalism. This was all inevitable. We have to turn that shit up to 11. Never backward, only forward. There is no backward, you can't even think in terms of a backward. It's like Rust said, time is a flat circle. We're completing our own entelechy here. Have you ever read Hegel? Guattari, Francis Bacon. Mao. No one thought this far ahead, and here we are, right on the fucking edge of robots, real robots, for the first time. I'm not going to turn my back on that.
- Nick Land

>The blockchain solves the problem of spacetime
What did he mean by this?

Yesterday

In his essays "What the fuck, this isn't robots".

It's so interesting and yet I suppose totally expected that all of Land's children are suicidal.

There's some aspects of him that I can relate to and enjoy, but thankfully not being ideologically bound I can partake in those things without falling into his abyss wholesale. The cold universe he described and its insectoid poetics surprise surprise creates black, brittle monsters that systematically fracture and dismantle themselves. Oh, yeah, I know allll about them.

Interesting that he moved onto other things that his old cult couldn't follow him into. I encountered and considered that little cult for a moment (I'd encountered and considered every cult in my wandering years). Saw its limitations and moved on. The sideshow of its weaker adherents and casualties never got over the slight.

>Tomorrow isn't a person
In a way it is. You really need to step it up.

This is hands down the most euphoric thing I've ever read. 5 star post.

Yeah, you have no idea who you're talking to.

>muh appeal to authority

Well, I see things.... but a lot of these things I'm aware of very sad, it's not like I'm happy about it all. I felt terrible seeing the news this morning. Of all of such people, this one I actually liked and wished well. But again, I continually maintained that such an outlook is only poisoning of oneself.

But sure, proceed onward with such a metaphysics. Keep on doubling down. Nothing is advanced. The ideologue of cold modernism marches into nothing. Cling to the theory that leaves innocent children fatherless.

Is AI the game changer of the 21st century? It seems like all ideologies are going to try to be the ones that take control of the AI and program it's philosophy
(Not to mention the people that want it destroyed etc)
Seems like AI will be the ultimate endpoint at least for a while. Since the AI will control everything, and can never be defeated, humanity will essentially be trapped in one time-frame of idelogy for all eternity

I think that there are people who also realize this reality and are making a play for AI- these are the people who will essentially rule the world forever, and they are competing for it.

The globalists are definitely trying for it (Google) as are the Chinese

To some extent the right wing is at least subconsciously aware of this idea but they don't have the mechanisms in place to try for it

Ask me any questions if you have any

>I encountered and considered that little cult for a moment (I'd encountered and considered every cult in my wandering years).

y is this motherfucker such a meme?

Is he shilling for himself? He's so fucking obscure I can't find anything by him at not just my local library but any of the libraries in my fucking county according to an online database

Very little about him on the internet from respected sources, he has interviews and essays and shit posted in obscure blogs

So by even doing this much cursory research into the guy am I being memed? does he even have any worth whatsoever?

Is Nick Land your father?

He's cutting edge nigger. You wanna stay ahead of the curve or you wanna wait till he's neutered and commodified?

Is Nick Land your father?

There were a few elements of Land's outlook that were cutting edge, although he wasn't the only person to harbor such an outlook. Those elements have been completely rejected by his handful of people influenced who rather embraced this cold thing that doesn't do them any service, while meanwhile he has been misattributed and misassociated with things that have nothing to do with his ideas.

I wouldn't even say he's ahead of the curve now. I'd say he was ahead of the curve in the 90s and that the cracks in his outlook appeared for anyone with any sense of reality in the mid 00s, while those that clung got BTFO. He's pretty outmoded at this point.

Let me explain this a bit further

Imagine the year is 1937. It is realized that a new form of technology called artificial intelligence is now possible and that the singularity is coming in 30 years tops.

This is the point we are in right now in 2017- the very first few advancements are being made. AI is now being discussed not as an abstract only, but as a very real possibility that will likely happen soon. The framework of ideas is being laid down.

Only a few have realized the potential here and started to work towards it in earnest. But I think it is inevitable that every single group interested in power, control, and survival is going to start making plans for AI eventually.

Back to 1937- the fascists, liberals,and Communists are all interested in AI at least in theory. After a few more advancements the full realization of what it is hits them. State resources are now being put into research. It's not public yet, but it's no real secret that they're trying.

So it becomes a race- except one that is covert at first. However, as it becomes more and more of a reality and each side realizes the consequences, it starts to escalate.
Sabotage, trying to manipulate public opinion, stealing resources from the other groups, etc. Eventually it may devolve into all out war (more likely in 1937 than 2017 for a number of reasons)
It will essentially be the great battle. The final conflict of humanity. Whichever side wins this final battle will be victorious for all eternity.
Will be interesting to see what happens.

!!!

Are you disputing me?

If you can work a razor girl in there, I'm sold.

Could you specify what parts were interesting and what are the cracks in his worldview?

Not that I doubt you, but that I was interesting.

*interested.

whats all about this cold and coldness be my god stuff?