So who is the 3rd greatest scientist of all time

its generally considered by many that Newton and Einstein are number 1 or 2 (order changes)

so who would be the number 3, in your opinion

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Pascal),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hilbert if you count maths

>inb4 some epic reddit memer XD says Tesla

neil de grasse tyson

was Hilbert the GOAT mathematician?

hilby or oiler yeah

or Gauss

Bill "Exterminate the white race" Nye

Grignard

Either Blaise Pascal (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Pascal), or Julius Edgar Lilienfeld for inventing the first "transistor".

Why do you say Grignard?

I mean, I like him, but third greatest scientist ever?

Insecure Veeky Forums brainlets will get angry for this... but it really is Charles Darwin.

Da Vinci has to be in there - even if there arent any equations associated with him

Leibniz

Why not Gauss?

Without Galileo there is no Newton nor Einstein.

DARWIN

Without the guy that discovered fire...
Shitty bait made me reply 2/11

Maxwell, not even close. I'd even say he's the second greatest physicist except Einstein was much for influential politically.

Pleeease. Not a genius. Certainly smart tho.

Try reading his original text, "I've heard that a friend of mine and his father share the ability to twist theur tongue in a pecular way" wtf

Einstein is the third one, Newton is the second one. I am the first.

/thread

Protip: it's Gauss.

>...
Brainlet.

Archimedes, leibnitz

how about Maxwell, Lorentz, and Boltzmann?

Jacob Grimm if linguistics count

Carbon carbon bond formation is a pretty big deal

This. Today's world is based on Maxwell's work with electromagnetism and thermodynamics. Gotta have that electric energy generation for a lot of our majors to even be relevant. Also, Einstein based his work in relativity on Maxwell's equations, so Maxwell is definitely up there.

This. Say it with me, Veeky Forums:
[eqn]\mathrm{div}\, \overrightarrow E \,=\, \frac{\rho}{\varepsilon_0}[/eqn]
[eqn]\mathrm{div}\, \overrightarrow B \,=\, 0[/eqn]
[eqn]\overrightarrow{ \mathrm{rot}}\, E \,=\, -\frac{\partial \overrightarrow B}{\partial t}[/eqn]
[eqn]\overrightarrow{ \mathrm{rot}}\, B \,=\, \mu_0\, \vec\jmath \,+\, \mu_0 \varepsilon_0\, \frac{\partial \overrightarrow E}{\partial t}[/eqn]
inb4 heretics and their stupid [math]\overrightarrow D[/math] and [math]\overrightarrow H[/math] fields.

1. Newton
2. Euler
3. Maxwell
4. Einstein

James Clerk Maxwell

You guys forgot about Sommerfeld, Tesla, Schödinger, Karl Gauss. In no order btw.

Einstein is not even on top 10

Tounge rolling. It's a genetic trait

Terence Tao
Jacob Barnett
N.J. Wildberger
Hank Green

euler

They don't.

If we are talking about people who totally revolutionised their discipline, e.g. produced works that underpin everything within that field, then it can only be Darwin. In fact I would say Darwin is second only to Newton in terms of contribution to their field and science on the whole. To quote Dobzhansky - "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution."

Then Maxwell falls under that, too. No electro-mechanical energy generation means no modern engineering, no computer anything, no
experimental particle physics, no way to figure out relativity without reproducing his work, not even a way to work with aluminium. Maxwell's work underpins a lot more fields than Darwin's does.

1. Newton
2. Euler
3. Maxwell

The OP didn't state they were looking for geniuses you brainlet

Maxwell and Boltzmann are top tier

Euler is number 1

>totally revolutionized

His work was ignored for ~30 years until someone came across the same idea, stunbled upon his work and popularized it.

Maxwell

Fuck off, Dawkins. Nobody gives a shit about your memes.

Wikipedia says Maxwell.

close between him and bill nye

Da Vinci was an artisan, not a scientist and not even an engineer.

How the fuck is Einstein number 2? This is pleb tier.

If anything it should be either Hilbert, Maxwell, Schrödinger, Cauchy, or Riemann

Me

>oiler

Maxwell Darwin or Heisenberg for sure.

>literally invented relativity and quantum theory
>pleb tier

uninstall your life pham

>invented quantum theory
He literally just read Planck's paper and said "he a good boi we just be naming'em quanta."

kill yourself honestly, what a retarded thread and a retarded fucking opinion

"generally considered" holy fuck do us a favor and kill yourself ASAP

He is up there. It's takes a crazy gifted person to abstract what he abstracted through observation. Or to even make the observations he made.
On a somewhat related note, why is it that some many great scientists seem to have schizotypy?

Faraday and Maxwell jointly.

pewdiepie

[math]\sf \color{red}{(DELETE\;THIS)}[/math]

>implying maxwell would even recognise those equations

i love maxwell but

Seriously? Fucking Stefan. And if you have to ask who Stefan is, you'll never know.

Jesus, he invented brainlets u senpaitachi

Stephen Hawking

steve jobs

youler

Man, Henry Cavendish is too underrated. The guy discovered the existence of hydrogen and was the first to calculate the gravitational constant, among other things.

according to google Galileu Galilei

Goat mathematicians: Archimedes, Newton, Gauss. No particular order

Yup its summer