Have you earned money as a writer?

have you earned money as a writer?

my aunt bought a copy (: She never read it

>why is this dipshit staring at me
>Wtf is he really taking pictures of me?
>I just want my gyro
>I wish I was at home sacrifing to Satan
>I bet this faggot only listened to exmilitary and money store

>those two not the only albums of his worth listening to

Have you ever earned money as a reader?

More like too scared of it just being some random homeless black man, and not actually MC Ride

>implying you've fully grasped the depth of Niggas on the Moon

i was paid $30 for a story included in Circlet Press' collection "Technosex".

that is all.

People will pay me to write?

Are you anything but white and male?

No but I'm good at being those things

I got paid seven hundred bones ($700) for the first and only short story I ever sold. Which should make me optimistic, but frankly it looks like it's all downhill from here desu....

>my feet hurt

I've earned:
>$2000 for 1 essay
>$2200 in total for 14 short articles/blog spam
>$1300 from a pair of short stories
>$950 from more than 30 published poems
>$1500 advance for my first poetry collection that still hasn't been earned out.

Life is suffering.

No, I don't make money from my writing.

I get paid to fix other people's writing.

My writing is just proof that I know what I'm doing.

jesus christ. that's pretty good. may we ask who paid, and under what circumstances? they sound like someone to cosy up to.

Ennnh I don't wanna risk outing myself as someone who posts on frog anime message boards .... let's just say it's one of the bigger American literary journals and it's not affiliated with any university. That narrows it down to like four, you could probably figure it out from there.

>$2000 for 1 essay
Where, f a m. Don't hold out on us, that's a good bit of dough for a non-glossy-magazine (I'm assuming) piece.

1000 bucks for an essay contest
250 bucks for a short story
13.25 bucks for a short story
30 bucks for a poem

what was the essay about, and how do I get in contact with the people who published you? though you are likely writing, I am likely better than you

Yes. Not enough to live on, but it has happened.

>Won't say who paid him
>Asks another user the same question

Creative Non-Fiction for a magazine that rhymes with thin blouse.

Thanks bud. We need more people on this board like us (actual writers who contribute to the discussion of furthering ourselves as actual writers) and fewer pseuds and college students who call us fags for having real-life ideas and ambitions.

I've written essays and such for scholarships so I guess so

>"I'm an actual writer with real-life ideas and ambitions"

I think it's easier to jump into Exmil and TMS, and they are more popular as a result, but when I'm in the mood for NOTM I get really fucking into it.

^Agreed. Seems like /lit has re-legitimized itself in recent months.

This thread, in-particular helped steel me through a rough patch of writing yesterday. Reminded me that writing isn't something metaphysical or unattainable, it is work.
And I'm a hard worker.
So I kept typing.

I submitted some crap to them through submittable a while back that they got but never rejected or accepted.

You are the "pseud", you fucking moron.
"Actual writers", don't make me laugh mate, please.
Post something you have written and then talk the big one chap! Until then, you're just another sucker that has been groomed by the internet into believing he has what it takes.

If the internet didn't exist and feed you false hope, you would be working a dead end marketing job complaining to your dumb fuck co-worker about how your ugly fucking wife spends all of your money.

I'm willing to bet money on the fact that both of you cannot write for shit.

More like:
>I bet if i pretend to act like awkward and out of place the suckers on the net will think i'm deep and an actual tortured artist

make some for essay writing. analysis on different subject matters in my school. I guess it could be worse.

yes, i'm a freelance technical writer. i usually work on contracts of around 3-6 months at a time.

pic unrelated

Won 250 bucks for my senior thesis

What issue did you send in for?

>implying I don't already work a dead end job

Not really sure what you're getting at here m8.

10k. Fuck all really, but a good deal more than most others. AMA.

I won $50 in a writing competition when i was 10

He probably isn't lying about his severe social retardation. He band mates probably aren't lying about it either.

So who is the best, or the best example of the tortured genius artist/writer? It seems to me like most of the best of the best, like Homer, Shakespeare and Cervantes pretty much just turn out to be chads.

10K in pieces or all in one shot? Doing work you wanted to do or work for money?

>gyro

Nigga that's clearly subway

We don't give a shot who you are, asshole, we just want to know the general circumstances. We don't want details. Can you not give us that?

In about 3 pieces, definitely work I wanted.

because "not getting pussy" is the epitome of tortured. just kill yourself.

Cool. What genre? Fiction, non-fiction, poetry? What publication(s)? Or, if you don't want to say, what type of publication?

>>I bet this faggot only listened to exmilitary and money store
The rest is just derivative of the first two.