Designer Babies

Why aren't we able to design our own babies yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still no good way to modify genomes. CRISPR was recently found to introduce a number of mutations.

I think Thailand is in on the action. It's $9000 to pick the gender.

working on it lad, the tech is still very very new
give it a few years while we work out the kinks
would probably be bad to fuck something like this up

How many genders do they offer?

By what year do you think this will finally be efficient enough to use? How much later until in the new normal?

I would spitball and say 10-30 years, depending on how much funding gets thrown at it
Chinese are openly working on this sort of thing, and likely the Americans in blacksites, as well as private companies working where laws aren't a thing
One of them will probably make a breakthrough, and the rest will eventually buy or steal it

What about the baby's right to decide how IT will look?

What about the baby's right to decide whether or not to exist at all?

Triggered

considering that it currently possesses neither of these rights, i'm pretty sure that in some future scenario where it still doesn't have these rights, these rights won't be the issue

Why did the US block this sort of researching? It's pretty evident that this stuff is the future. In the end it's the US that'll behind in it all.

They blocked it because feelings
muh ethics
muh retard babies should be able to suck welfare forever

They'll change their tune the second the Chinese start getting their supermen, and they definitely will, as they don't understand the word "ethics"

Speaking as a literal mutant, don't do this to your kids.

>Gender being determined by the patriarchy.

Get rekt scum.

>How many genders do they offer
>How many
>many

only the rich will be able to customize their own babies

the all 2 existing genders.

plus an optional mental illness called gender identity disorder.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

That image is a bit disingenuous. Not all gays in the world advocate for transgenderism while their plight is well understood to be something that is entirely natural and generally frowned upon by large swaths of people.

You know, I totally agree that gender dysphoria is a thing, but being a dick about it isn't making the situation better. You can't both insult someone and then expect them to take seriously what you have to say in one sweep. If you insult someone, in general, they aren't going to listen to what you have to say, and what's worse, it's going to make them even more defensive and probably exacerbate the dysphoria.

You know, I'm all for advocating rational thought, but there's a rational way to present yourself, and you aren't doing it.

everyone will have access to it
it'd be more profitable for the people making it to do so
the thought process of the rich is not "fuck poor people" it's "how do I get as many shekels as possible today"

what kind? EDS here

it's also "how do I get as many shekels as possible tomorrow"

Not sucking my dick is opressive, you're going to prison for homophobia.

sucks dude,
I just looked that shit up,

sending you feels

bump