Human hair. Barbers throw the stuff away or it's donated

Human hair. Barbers throw the stuff away or it's donated.

What are practical scientific uses for the hair?

Imagine a city where barbers put their hair in a bin which is then sent to be recycled into other materials. What would the most likely products be? Some kind of keratin-plastics?

It's a weird question but surely there's some scientific applications for all this stuff, right? Humans are growing it on their heads for goodness sake, and it cuts right off.

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/id/14584306/ns/world_news-world_environment/t/hairy-idea-clippings-used-absorb-oil-spill/
scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=1693
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wigs for cancer patients

What are other uses besides reusing it as hair? Something more practical

It can help clean up oil spills at a pretty impressive rate.

For a practical ... joke you can add a lot of hair to a bonfire.

>Remember, remember the fifth of November, gunpowder treason and puke...

Compost it.
Set it out in the spring for birds to use in nest building (It's cool finding a bird's nest lined with your own hair.).

planted at crime scenes to throw the cops off your trail

Human hair is a great deer repellent for home gardens. Lay out a few clumps around your plants, and the human scent will keep most deer and other varmunts away.

Human hair as been shone to be an excellent source of slow release nigtrogen. It successfully replaced and even outperformed if I remember correctly, synthetic fertilizers marketed for the same effect. In soilless potting mixtures for 2 years. This makes it perfect for soil admendments for perennials. I'm sure you could probably use it as an amendment in fungiculture. It's would be valuable in so many more ways if agroecology got some r&d

And you can wear it as a hat after
I have multiple hair nests for different occasions

What do they look like?

>Set it out in the spring for birds to use in nest building (It's cool finding a bird's nest lined with your own hair.).
jesus fucking christ.,

please stop. human hair goes in the fucking garbage. Not in fertilizers. Not in disgusting wigs made of glued curly hair. Not on top of my fucking tomatoes and lettuce.

I wear mine on my head. It is the best known treatment for baldness.

Wouldn't work very well. There's no DNA in cut hair, DNA from hair comes from the root.

This.
user beat me to it.
nbcnews.com/id/14584306/ns/world_news-world_environment/t/hairy-idea-clippings-used-absorb-oil-spill/

Not exactly sure what, but I know it has pretty high tensile strength, about half that of steel.
scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=1693

>I never piss in public urinals because i'm scared i may loose a pubic hair, have it land on the bowl and not flush, then somebody might steal it, save it, and frame me in a future crime or rape.

There is if I skeet in it

>isn't a human

artificial diamonds, it's been done

t. deerposter

Actually, human hair CAN'T be composted