Do you anticipate modern physical theories ever being replaced by new theories?

Do you anticipate modern physical theories ever being replaced by new theories?

Or will physics eventually stop being an avenue of active research and approach more of an engineering exercise?

There's not too much left to discover that will have practical engineering results. It is more just mulling over what has been discovered and interrupting it in different ways.

Though I dont know what the fuck that sign is for 2, 2 pixels aint enough
But maybe as we get more powerful computers we will start using fields in macroscopic strictures. I really doubt that physics will ever stop being an active research branch.

2, 3, 1, is correct. The sign on the left is a junction warning sign. The sign on the right is a yield sign. Even without signs, that is correct.

>There's not too much left to discover that will have practical engineering results.

Here is how you tell the difference between a /g/ escapee and a genuine Veeky Forumsentist.

It is funny how people read that as "There's nothing at all left to discover" and go all ape shit on themselves.

You should probably read it again and take the unicorn out of your ass, kid.

Wrong. 3 has no sign. It's 3, 2, 1

This.

You should let the guy on the right POV pass first.

Retards detected

all 3 simultaneously

The image is for USA driving, fyi.

idiot
turn yields to guy driving straight
it's 2,3,1 all fucking day

its so sick how many niggers can't drive at all

>I can't read
The sign on the left is a junction warning sign.

Drivelet detected
You are the the type of person I give the middle finger to when I'm driving around.

why would it be anything other than 231. the old driving rhyme - 'someone going straight does not have to wait'

Yeah, but 3 will get 2 on his right side, when making his turn. Therefore he has to hold back for 2.

I was wrong.. I didn't see that 2 was going straight. 2, 3, 1 is right.

2 Has right of way as they are traveling straight.
3 is next.
1 is last as would need to cross 2's path and would be entering 3's lane

Pretty sure the sign by car 1 is a yield sign

There's no reason for 2 to even slow down. His sign is just telling him what's going on for safety's sake, just in case 1 is a moron and goes before he's supposed to.

3 should only turn when it's safe

1 should wait until the coast is completely clear

you are a retard, person remaining on the road always has right of way in order to prevent car crashes from retards like you.

Think about it. 1 is completely stopped, 3 is either going slow or is stopped if he is following the correct order, and 2 is going at the normal speed, presumably the speed limit. If 3 goes first then 2 will T-bone him for his autism because they are way too close for 2 to stop.

Well, you can compare it to the state physics was in at the time of the ultra-violet catastrophy before the invention of quantum mechanics.
People mostly thought they had physics worked out, but they had this one problem where they couldn't reconcile electromagnetism and thermodynamics, which was that the spectrum of black-body radiation was finite.
This led to about a century of active physics research in quantum mechanics eventually.

The problem people have now is quantum gravity, in which quantum mechanics and general relativity don't seem to play well together. It would be cool to see how this is solved.

>There's not too much left to discover that will have practical engineering results.

t. Late 20th century physicists.

Correct order: n:o 2 n:o 3 then n:o 1

see

T intersection, cross traffic has priority
1. because yield sign

All intersections have implied yield signs

barely got my license here

if you're at an intersection with flashing YELLOW lights in all directions, and you're trying to turn left, do you have to yield to people turning right on the other side of the intersection, assuming you both got there at the same time?

Wouldn't it even be 2 3 1 without yield signs?

ha.

yes

3, 2, 1

Obvious.

Whoops, meant for

If you get to the intersection at the same time, meaning neither car has entered the intersection proper, then I think the other car has priority since it's just physically closer to where it needs to go.

If you're already sitting in the middle of the intersection about to turn and someone wants to turn from the other lane, I think you should have priority but in practical cases they'll assume they do.

2 is going straight though

3 will end up having 2 on their right while turning, so they should give them the first turn

1 is forced to wait for both because of the sign

2, 3, 1

Science has been more or less complete for a century now.

The only people who say that it is not are pining for some aspect of storybooks to come true.