/CAWFEE/

Another round of the eternal coffee general!
Old thread: What memes have you fallen for today?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Coffee-Single-Serve-Multi-Serve-Tumbler-CF112/dp/B01KA7VWXQ/?tag=aboutcom02thespruce-20
wikihow.com/Use-a-Bidet
baratza.com/sette-30-release-postponed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bought a moka pot today, having only ever made drip coffee before
I expected the first batch to be shitty since I'd never done it before, but it was the best coffee I've had in months

I had a latte today and I hated it.

Cappuccino is better.

Had Turkish coffee for the first time last week. It was like a thicker espresso but not great.

I had a moka pot once and I tried 6 or 7 times to make a decent cup but it came out all weird and burnt every time.
Basically, I would only use it to make cafe au lait, and then I stored it for 2 weeks, forgetting to take out the puck of spent grounds and it grew mold and moth maggots which I couldn't wash out, so I threw it out.

from what I hear, that burnt taste is caused by not removing it from heat and cooling it down as soon as it starts to gurgle - since at that point, >100C steam is being forced through the grounds

Hello Veeky Forums basically I have quite the predicament. My mother likes using K-Cups at work and so she wants to get a K-Cup machine for home to use. Her birthday is coming up so I decided I would get her one. First of all, which would be best? She wants to be able to fillup those tall coffee containers people have to keep liquids warm. We aren't heavy coffee consumers in general though and it is a small household.

On top of that, I myself am interested in making coffee but more of as a hobby. I would like to have as much control over the coffee creation as reasonable cost wise. Is there anyway I can combine those interests into one machine? In other words, are there machines out there that can process the K-Cups, but also allow me to customize and have more control over how I make the coffee? I don't know much about coffee makers, but I hear espresso machines are the ones where you can really control things like pressure, temperature, foam, etc.. That seems like the most fun to me. I want to make a cup of coffee that requires more than putting A into B and then pressing the C button and waiting for it to be done.

Like I said it would be for hobby purposes so I would love for it to be something I can study on my own and try out various methods for. If possible having a single machine would be more cost efficient.

I don't think any sort of combination keurig machine exists, but moreover I don't think you'd want one.
All the fun parts of making coffee as a hobby need individual, purpose-built implements. Not a lot of overlap with a k-cup machine.
Proper espresso machines are very expensive, but espresso is only one coffee preparation and you won't miss out on too much by not buying one. If you want to control different variables (water temperature, grind size, milk texture, etc) then you'll want to buy the corresponding devices (an electric kettle, a good grinder, some sort of cheap milk-frothing wand). Once you've got that stuff you can apply it to various different coffee preparations which are good and more reasonably-priced than full-on espresso, like moka pot or french press or aeropress or pour-over.
Overall, expect to buy multiple separate machines, not just one do-it-all. That's part of the fun, too!

Thanks user I'll keep that in mind. So for now if I'm just buying a K-Cup machine for our house, what is the best model? I want one that allows for reuseable K-Cups as I have no intention to actually buy K-Cups myself. I would rather grind the beans and just add them to a custom cup and use that. Will coffee done that way even taste good?

I've heard about the Aeropress. It and the Chemex seem very interesting to me. I'm not good with acidic foods. What are the best machines/methods for coffee preparation that lead to low acid? I've heard Cold Brew is, but we already have a French Press so I can make that already. I want a nice warm cup of joe anyway.

I'd be surprised if anyone's familiar enough with keurig machines to recommend one, since they don't mesh very well with coffee preparation as a hobby. For what it's worth I doubt they differ very much; I've used a proper keurig and an off-brand knockoff and didn't notice any difference.

Don't know hardly a thing about acid content of coffee, but I can read you this excerpt from the instructions of an aeropress I just bought: "aeropress brew has one fifth the acid level of drip brew and one ninth the acid level of french press brew."

Aeropress is legit and is close to a mokapot for me, but you can only do one serving at a time. That's why I decided to fall the P3 meme.
For anyone who tried it, do I have to use any special filters for it? Is it better than a regular French Press aside from nogrit? The difference between the P3 and the P5 is just plastic vs metal trims right?

Wow that is far less acidic levels if that excerpt is to be believed! Thanks for the headsup. Also yeah I would imagine no one here would be familiar with K-Cup machiens since it is basically like an instant coffee sort of thing.

What manual grinder do you guys recommend?

only ever used one so I can't really make a recommendation, but I can say that I'm fully satisfied with my hario skerton

i feel like going all manual with my setup, but I use 20g of grounds every morning, that'd probably take 10 whole minutes.

forgive me /CAWFEE/ for I have sinned
today I went to 7-11 for my cup of joe
a-am I beyond redemption?

McDonalds coffee I think is actually pretty decent, but 7-11 is trash

Sometimes I'll go to in n out and ask for coffee when they open.
They never have coffee available so they have to brew a whole container pot just for me, and I bet the rest goes to waste.

They always ask if I want an order of fries with my coffee, why the fuck

What is the best country for coffee, and why is it Costa Rica?

because coffee beans are so expensive I come up with ingenious way to save money and enjoy great tasting cup of coffee, here is what I do anons.
I reuse coffee grounds from previous day in my moka pot, but because they have all the caffeine removed from previous brewing I mix them with big tablespoon of instant coffee and brew it in my moka pot.
that way I'm experiencing the moka pot brewing ambiance and real taste of caffeine

Why do some people think that anything other than black coffee is bad?

most likely because you went to a shit chain coffee shop who can't coffee to save their fucking life

racism

there's coffee and then there's dessert drinks.
too many people think drinking a literal milkshake for breakfast every morning is perfectly acceptable because it's just coffee!

most people I know use milk/cream and sugar. I think black coffee fags are just a very vocal minority.

Oh, and I also prefer black coffee. I drink it for the caffeine, not for sweet taste and added calories.

>had 2 cups of coffee earlier
>cannot sleep

What is a good latte supposed to taste like?

Good morning /cawffee/

Hi 1%-ter MacBook pro coffee nut

Hi

great post user, who would've ever expected this plot turn

hello, you meme loving fuck

What beans are you using that made you do this

depends on the beans used. the milk is just a platform for the beans afterall. traditional italian espresso roast will be a coffee that's rich and deep, with hints of dark chocolate and caramel. third wave or north west pacific espresso roasts will be lighter in comparison, with more acidity and have fruity or flowery hints in addition to a natural sweetness to it. the texture of the milk is also important, as properly steamed milk will be sweet without added sugar and have a volume or mouthfeel to it that is essential for properly carrying the coffee. and it's important that the milk is not oversteamed (or burned) as that will ruin the flavor

>espresso roast

Is there any kind of pastebin with recommended beans and products?

amazon.com/Coffee-Single-Serve-Multi-Serve-Tumbler-CF112/dp/B01KA7VWXQ/?tag=aboutcom02thespruce-20

What do you guys think of this product? I'm the user from before asking for a good one for customizing. What makes this special or is it just a basic drip machine with a frother attachment?

that doesn't make coffee. that's just another useless plastic consumer contraption (aka waste of counterspace).

How so? Don't you just put grounded up beans into it? Are all these sorts of machines just ways to milk people who don't just buy a frother and something like French Press/Aeropress?

post your comfy coffee cups Veeky Forums

Gonna start grinding my coffee now right now. Dark roast, coarse grind for french press. I use a mix of arabica and robusta but I don't think robusta is bad as long as the roasting process was OK and you don't mix 50 parts robusta to 1 part arabica.

Nice. Is it 300 ml? Are you drinking french press light coffee? I brew something stronger and get a small cup since 300 ml of strong coffee is too much.

I'm actually a filterfag looking to upgrade to a mocka soon. I tend to make about 2-3 cups for each session with about the same amount of spoons of ground coffee

I drink pretty much only black, but occasionally, I'll add some milk.

I just get annoyed when people whine about how bitter and nasty it is. The acidity is much worse than the bitterness in my opinion, but the right blend is what matters most. I want to taste the coffee, not sugar and cream, as wellas whatever other junk is being thrown in.

My last roommate had a moka and sometimes I miss the strong cowboy coffee from it. I used shitty ground and it tasted pure bitterness.

Now I'm making light french press brew because I like the aftertaste.

I don't know how to do filter properly. It always come too strong and bland at the same time.

yeah the blandness is what's gotten me into wanting to try getting into mocka. Never understood what's so special about french press, but I tend to drink it very rarely since I don't own one myself and only get treated to it by friends. It's the control you get with the mocka that appeals to me

I love this little mug.

You get far more control with a french press

this, moka pot burns the shit out of a decent cup even at very low heat

tryhard

Sounds like you're doing it wrong

agreed, with traditional design french piss coffee press you can control if your coffee is shitty or less shitty, especially if you leave your brewed coffee in it so it still extracting all that time.

picture related is my french piss carafe that was used in the past to brew coffee, not any more, well in a way it is but the coffee was extracted from my body via urinating track.

mine tasted like coffee with skim milk dumped in it

i actually tried it out and it tasted identical except for the foamy milk stuff which was flavorless

try this
works like a charm

I agree with him. Brewed with moka for months last year but it is a tool for the man who likes burnt coffee. Not saying this is bad, I enjoy the contrast between french piss and strong cowboy coffee from moka. Don't buuy a moka expecting it to work like a expresso machine.
Also don't use expensive beans on moka because it destroys a lot of the flavor. I brew french piss using my nice beans and shitty pre grounded coffee for moka.

congratulations you bought a "latte" made out of a fucking glorified vending machine. i.e. a shitty consumer grade "superautomatic" that doesn't use real espresso, and doesn't use real milk. let me guess, you went to tim hortons right? next time stop going to shitty chains LOL

many guys are using shitty Robusta beans (dark roast) expecting great tasting coffee, no matter if you use moka pot or french piss press coffee will taste like shits because you are using shitty coffee beans to start with.
maybe approach from this point and you will find that moka pot is not burning your coffee but is extracting better, more flavor from it, but if you don't like that rich taste that's fine.
how moka can burn your coffee if the water is rushing through for few seconds and in french piss coffee sits for up to 4-5 minutes.
OK I know water is hotter in moka pot than in french piss but water is hot or even bit hotter in proper espresso machine and is not burning coffee but extracting differently considering that for espresso machine
and for moka pot you are using finer grounded coffee and for french piss courser grind.

not even dude. this is on the same level as debunking someone who insists sushi sucks and is overrated because they went to a fucking all you can eat sushi bar at a $10 chinese food buffet. this is just straight up, no shit sherlock - you paid for and got low grade shit, what were you expecting?

I believe that french uses water at

Can't say much about expresso because I still need to find some paper or book to read explaining how it works. I've been reading about industrial roasting.

He's right though. Go to a real coffee place.

Not real coffee

got it for around $5
Been with me for four years now and it still looks pretty alright

install gentoo

Who here espresso autist?

Hopefully one day. For now Chemex will suffice.Mind explaining what some of these nifty gadgets do?

I want to be able to buy one in 15 years. I've been slowly building a kitchen as I learn more and more about food.

What's that on the left? I can't tell from the angle, but am intrigued.

Hi

Are you making meth?

a potholder

good taste, user
mine's in the mail

the metal, manual espresso machine looking thing

Hey, it's you again,I remember exchanging couple of posts with you and your insane coffee set-up,(very impressive, including "Coffee Log Book") and picture of that covered with white lid bidet on the right, that few anons were asking about.

wikiHow to Use a Bidet
wikihow.com/Use-a-Bidet

Must be nice sitting on a fancy bidet sipping on an espresso made with fancy (1%-nter's)type of devices. kek

Are you supposed to wipe your ass with a towel after using a bidet?
Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?

Can you achieve a prostate orgasm from using a bidet?

I have a Keurig am I am meme?

>Are you supposed to wipe your ass with a towel after using a bidet?
>Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?
>Can you achieve a prostate orgasm from using a bidet?
DAILY REMINDER ! ! !

This is A COFFEE thread,unless you can intelligently (or not) tie up brewing and drinking coffee with the use of a bidet your posts will be considered as coffee or bidet hate posts.

Sometimes I like to make coffee after experiencing a prostate orgasm, does that count?

Answer my questions.

>post your comfy coffee cups Veeky Forums

>Must be nice sitting on a fancy bidet sipping on an espresso made with fancy (1%-nter's)type of devices. kek

Milk and sugar is overkill, i've seen it described as NYC so you can probably blame them for popularizing both.

Milk is a pretty standard thing to go with coffee thougfh, you dont need much if its fatty enough just enough to turn the colour to delicious brown and make it thicker.

>this thread's fucked

DAILY REMINDER ! ! !

C OFF EE

O
F
F

E
E

shut up, I bet you're the mycotoxin autist

I have a question
Can you brew coffee in your bidet since it has hot water line, to use it like a'french p'ress s'tyle c'offee m'aker '?, 'oui?

DAILY REMINDER ! ! !

T
H
I
S

I
S

POSSIBLE
O
S
S
I
B
L
E

I'm not sure what it is about this pourover coffee thing I bought, but I don't like it so far. It's been about a week, so in addition to the thorough scrubbing I gave it initially, it's been washed several times. I don't know if it's a "new plastic" taste, but it hasn't improved at all.

It shouldn't taste different from my usual coffee (made in a drip machine, also with a plastic filter holder). Same coffee, same grind.

It's weird. Anyone else own one of these?

the fuck? I tried using one of these in Argentina and got water all over the fucking place. Let me ask you a question: are you supposed to dry your butt afterwards, or walk around with swampy butt cheeks? And if you're supposed to dry off, why not just use paper in the first place and cut out the bidet? pretty stupid if you ask me.

Shoulda just got a v60 and been done with it

baratza.com/sette-30-release-postponed/

Top kek

This senseless search for an ideal coffee grinder is in my opinion so very misguided by the false perception that there is a such a thing as possibility of having every single crumb of grounded coffee of the same perfect exact size.
WHEN YOU PEOPLE WILL REALIZE THAT THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE
because you are grinding an oval object, so there always will be different size particles, and that stupid nonsense that this nano size difference spoils your fucking coffee is absolutely false and fucking insane.

instead wasting time and resources on developing this fucking utopian perfect coffee grinder think how to clean all that pollution all that fucking plastic floating in the oceans.

ELON MUSK you fucking idiot instead of pouring money into space travel to fucking MARS to pollute there as well why don't you use your wealth and influence to deal with all that garbage waste islands floating all over this Planet's oceans
and fucking garbage landfills, it's a fucking disgrace that we having so much brain power and technology have as a priority space travel instead of dealing properly and efficiently with our garbage junk.

>passing boiling water through plastic
enjoy your estrogens

how late is too late for a cup

Even if we clean up, we still can't stay here forever. Eventually there will be a need to leave, and now's as good a time as any to start figuring it out.

>and now's as good a time as any to start figuring it out.
WRONG!
First figure out how to efficiently deal with your garbage and all other toxic pollution, implement that technology here on Earth and only after that go to other planets, but no, we will go there and pollute the shit out of them
same as those assholes mountain climbers do it leaving tons of fucking garbage on those pristine mountains.
Fucking retards