What does lit up think of Patrick Rothfuss?

What does lit up think of Patrick Rothfuss?

He's like George RR Martin with good prose

Damn, I've been looking for something like that forever. GoT is an awesome show, but the monosyllabic diction makes the books unreadable to me.

Both kingkiller books are great (despite contrarian litcore opinions) but take your time with them because book 3 is never ever coming out.

His protagonist may be unbearable at times but he's an excellent storyteller.

He's pretty good...

when he actually FUCKING WRITES SOMETHING.

I hated everything to do with the school except for sections dealing with Fela, best girl, Diana was a massive boring cunt who had no chemistry with Kvothe. Also thoughts on Ben being a Chandrian? It seems far too suspicious they show up and burn down the entire troupe after Ben gets into an argument with Kvothe's father about his own potential and how the troupe is tying him down and wasting it. Ben is the entire key to this and I think there is more to his character rather than just a traveling magic user.

I got to meet the guy at a science fiction convention a few years back in Detroit. He's a humble man, and my bff (a doctor in linguistics) picked his brain for, like, 2 or 3 hours.

He answered his questions with thought. It was a blast meeting him. Good guy, I cannot stress enough.

I haven't read a lick of his work, but everyone else at our table had and were giddy little school girls.

Here's some of my poetry if you guys have a minute to read. Thank you, regardless.

t.platofag who hasn't actually read any of his work

>He's like George RR Martin with good prose
>good prose

What board am I on again?

>implying a series with a main character named Kvothe is worth reading

>implying I meant pat's work

I meant Plato you fucking degenerate

Have another (You), this will be my last one

if u dont respond to dis ur mother will die in her sleep tonight and u r also gay and lost the argument :^)

Learn to fucking write then you thick cunt don't get snotty when I respond to you thinking you're responding to the subject of the thread and not some random shit you're pulling out of your ass

He looks exactly like the sort of person that would write the books he wrote.

stick to your cancerous trash general

name of the wind is one of the few books i've ever given up on. i'm not even exaggerating when i say it's some of the cringiest prose i've ever read - which is odd because the reason i picked it up was the descriptions of it as "good fantasy but with amazing literary prose". wtf was all that about.