Greatest Con-Man of All Time?

>start space company with money acquired from thievery of intellectual property (paypal)
>invest money making a useless rocket that demonstrates just enough to pull the shade over NASA's eyes and get them to directly pay for your "real" rocket
>use shitty old NASA prototype engine for rocket
>enter commercial market using rocket developed with taxpayer money
>promise employees the "Mars meme," making them willing to work for shit wages and hours and conditions so that they can "be part of history"
>undercut all competition by underpaying employees with high hours, and by using lowest bidder parts
>lobby congress until they no longer care about launch failures, allowing lax spending in QC
>lobby congress to get NASA to lower safety standards for commercial crew
>now have "low-cost" rocket essentially built on the back of slave labor and bribery, and nobody can compete
How does he do it, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vrxyr1CjiSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any space related agency is a scam desu, there are more important things happening on earth. NASA and Friends are just a giant distraction (created by capitalist big wigs to steal even more money) from important issues like poverty, racial injustice, and starvation that have yet to be resolved.

God he's a fucking genius.

This dude has more power and more of a following than a cult leader. He is what every man aspires to be.

Sounds like capitalism to me.

Go back to your commune, never use GPS again, and might as well just smash your phone while you are at it too.

Never thought I'd say this but I agree, it's ok to have a space program but we really need to get our shit together first if were ever going to put it to use.

Space programs are the opiate for dumb white liberals who want to close their eyes to white genocide

Pretending the world is improving while average IQ continues to decline, and the founding native race of America becomes a minority

>better take off that cotton shirt, boy! if you don't like slavery then you shouldn't wear that!

Ending starvation means creating peace on the other side of the world. If you ask me, I'm unsure of how worth it that really is. They really have to go through those hoops themselves.

This whole "[thing I don't like] was just created by capitalists to distract people from the REAL ISSUES" meme is pretty stupid. NASA was, however, created mostly as part of the ongoing dick measuring contest between the USA and USSR and now that that's over and there are no real opportunities for profit in space, almost no one, including the general public, cares.

>important issues like poverty, racial injustice, and starvation

wow what a massive faggot

>better put down that bacon sandwich, boy! if you don't think it's right to kill animals for food you shouldn't eat that!
Well yeah. If you're seriously opposed to slavery, it's pretty obvious that you shouldn't use slave-produced products.

If you lived when cotton was mainly picked by slaves, you should have either done without cotton, or used only cotton products which you could verify was made from cotton picked by free men.

>important issues

How are you going to solve them without a frontier, whether that be space or sea?

Without a frontier, (most) societies devolve into highly ritualized and empty social semantics. At a pace accelerated by population growth.

Without the promise of a frontier, a promise of escape from the rent seekers and corruption of your home society, you get smart people aspiring to be mere rent seekers and playboys of an ouroboros. And then you keep ramping up the density until the head finally chokes itself on the shit of its tail.

hmmm...who could be behind this post?
Maybe....

or maybe...

or better yet...

SpaceX rocket costs like $80 million compared to ULA rocket cost of over $400 million and Space Shuttle cost of over $1 billion per launch

conman who actually delivers what he promises is not a conman, m8

>defending slave labor

white countries (except for eastern Europe) are so cucked that they are doomed to demographic IQ decline already

the future belongs to China

and far future belongs to space colonists, who will be the elite of humanity with average 120+ IQ

Thanks for being reasonable, I try and explain this to people yet they are willingly blind to it.

>important issues like poverty
Not an issue, poor people chose to be poor for an easier life.
>racial injustice
Go back to your shithole, here fixed
>and starvation
Stop giving free food, equilibrium between food production and population reestablished in one year, here fixed.

Didn't spend a single $ and I fixed those "major" issues.

>sent from his iphone

>slave labor
>you can quit at any time

oh those poor poor slaves, black people move along, we have a new winner in the oppression olympics here, SpaceX engineers

>being this asspained

Blue Origin Status: R•U•D

>brainwashed into accepting low wages and non-existent career prospects because it's "all for the Mars cause"
>not slavery

Aerospace engineers get worked like slaves, in any company.

The fact that he triggers people as much as OP makes me like him even more.

yeah i agree. we're a completely different species than the rest of them. haven't they heard of survival of the fittest? let them starve until they figure it out while we waste billions on faulty rockets

Why is Veeky Forums so mad at a successful businessman?

As someone who hopes to afford classic cars in the future, he, along with his fans, wants to subvert and destroy traditional notions of car culture. I'm okay with EVs and all, but this attitude threatens everything I have dreamed about since I was a kid.

I dont know if you have noticed, but the system of capitalism rewards psychopaths and con-men. There are no rich people on the planet who got to where they are without manipulating people with malicious intent. Case and point: Bill gates stole most of what became MS DOS from IBM when he worked there. He then became the richest man in the world because of that one move.

Eventually, traveling in modern cities will be much like the scene in,

youtube.com/watch?v=Vrxyr1CjiSM

Only with actually city planning in mind and not just "oh this looks cool" bullshit movie runways that don't make much sense logistically.

and, and, uh, uh, uh, neural lace, and uh, uh, and, uh, and artificial intelligence, and uh, and, uh, simulation, uh..................... and........ so

maybe in dubai. where the fuck do you think we're going to get the money to build this shit? usa roads are barely maintained as it is and you pay like $10 in tolls a day just to get to work in a major city. even bus are like $100 a month.

I'm okay with it in dense urban cores since those always suck to drive in, but the idea of human driven cars being outlawed on all roads terrifies me. This must be what it felt like to be a horse enthusiast in 1907 saying that the Model T will never be successful

that's pretty immature

i don't get mad at netflix because i love VHS tapes

>design reusable rockets
>promise a massive reduction in launch cost
>actually keep the launch costs the same
>absurd profit margins
Capitalism rewards innovation

he bought what would be DOS from a third party software developer.

jobs stole the GUI and mouse from Xerox.

gates stole gui and mouse from apple.

SpaceX launches are cheaper than almost everyone else.

Falcon 9 isn't a finalized design. when the block 50 comes out. They will build a few and then just keep reusing those.

>$10 in tolls a day just to get to work in a major city. even bus are like $100 a month.

So basically nothing at all. Okay.

tilted right now

ok?
What does that have to do with the post you replied to?

The US government is the best customer in the world, it can't run out of money.

They have to reduce the price some because they've memed about how reuse will reduce costs

>$10 a day in tolls
>basically nothing at all
Jesus you're stupid

>Greatest Con-Man of All Time?
...thus demonstrating Betteridge's Law of Headlines:
"Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."

@elonMusk: We are developing the interplanetary rocket and spaceship to allow anyone to travel to the moon, Mars & beyond, regardless of nationality

>frontier
Snake Analemma?
Azimuthal Equidistant
This guy knows something and he's not telling us....?

In the simplest words...western societies are ponzi schemes. Literal ponzi schemes. Most people refuse to look at their society from an angle. But if the bottom of the pyramid stops having kids, the edifice becomes shaky.

The cost of band-aids and wood boards, so to speak, outpace the returns a society gets in creating them. People want laws and want order. But they don't want to pay the bill.

They don't think "gee, who watches the watchers?". Nobody. Rats can smell a sinking ship and work at getting what they can now.

The ponzi scheme collapses (once more) when the shit of the tail clogs the throat of the head.

1)
>poverty
solved, but 3rd worlders can't apply the solutions since they are mentally and culturally backwarded (still governed by tribe mentality)

2)
>racial injustice (any injustice)
solved for about 2000 year (basics of christianity and roman law), been avoided for a long time (slavery in christian western europe)

starvation
look 1) in society based on 2)

also you are troll or commie retard

I don't like Must, but I don't see the problem.

heh

Speaking of butthurt, SpaceX will launch another reused booster in 2 days

i think we found him...

Poor guy looks utterly defeated