Do you think silicone rings in school colours would be a good alternative to traditional class rings...

Do you think silicone rings in school colours would be a good alternative to traditional class rings? It would be a much cheaper option and also wouldn't get damaged by an Iron Ring.

>silicone vs a fucking metal ring
what are you fucking gay

Just don't buy a school ring.

Just play sports and win a championship ring. Then cost doesn't matter.

>schools handing out cock rings
yeah that's likely

If you can fit your cock in a ring that diameter bad news bro

just tell the school you have a very large finger when you order

who buy's school rings?

>ring
>not fucking gay

Currently, idiots who want to line the pockets of Jostens Inc.

What the fuck is a school ring?
t. Britbong

Is this an American thing?

Silicone looks cheap, but rings are bad too on a few levels.
Our uni gave us buttonhole pins. Not the one in picrel, but you get the idea.

It's a custom that started at West Point and then became popular throughout the US.

The idea is that it should be something small and inconspicuous, but recognizable for people of interest. Cufflinks are good too, or even better.
Rings are meh, but might be fitting for a place like West Point.

why on earth would anyone be proud of graduating from high school and want to wear a ring for it?

Getting through highschool is just proof you're not mentally handicapped, it doesn't demonstrate anything worth celebrating.

you don't wear rings when you work in the military.

Aside from the part where it is easy to lose it in the dark, people don't want to lose fingers.

>high school
Who mentioned high school?

>you don't wear rings when you work in the military.
Well, other things I mentioned aren't worn everyday either, just in some formal situations somehow related to your uni.

I guess not every hs experience is the same. E.g. my technical hs (tekhnikum? I'm not sure know how to translate it, because I don't think there is this type of school in anglosphere) had quite a bit of reputation, so there were people wearing it's pins instead of the pins of their uni.

Those still cost money when I was in high school..but yeah maybe just win college/pro sports championship and get a free one

>sports
barbaric pointless artifact of tribalism

imo should not be encouraged.

my brother's coworker (they work at a car parts/dealership/advice place), was putting something on a shelf and starting falling, his ring got caught on something on the shelf and literally ripped his finger off, with a long string of tendon hanging out. As my brother so meticulously described.

Don't wear rings, kids.

Silicone rings are weaker than flesh

For those interested, engineers who finish there professional certification (from mostly well know unis) get an Iron Ring to symbolism their burden. Its sharp and jagged and uncomfortable.