Read a lot of literature

>read a lot of literature
>see how beautiful and interesting relationships can be
>compare it to typical American life
anyone else get depressed about this? there is definitely a potential for beauty in the world but instead we live in such a shallow existence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/TheFourQueens
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>instead we live in such a shallow existence.

Speak for yourself

I got invited to DJ at some party for one of the early inventors or investors in e-cigarettes and he had this birthday party called 50 is My Fantasy. I had to play on the first day on the Friday and on the Sunday, and stayed the whole weekend. He just hired all these girls to be in the yard – just like, you know, just dark American shit. And on the second day he hires this island, and he like has this big mansion and he gets the women to get on this big boat with all his boys. it was powerful

I'm talking about general social interaction. maybe I'm just always around the wrong crowd but it seems like normies only care about netflix and latest fad, along with sports.

That party, it was just this guy, he basically set all these women ‘free’, and they ran through this forest to hide and the men just run to chase them. The guys had like army paint, like these were all lawyers, like guys who worked in Florida, like high high profile senators, all sorts of shit. I politely declined the invitation. Billy Joel blasting – best music for that kind of shit. As HD satanic as it gets. It was pretty deep bruv. And he has a friend who worked as a Florida paramedic to come and do IV, to clear everyone’s blood so they could keep taking more drugs, to keep carrying on.

Is not only America user. Spain is the same and Id wager the rest of the world too. Just fuck randomly and keep reading

that's not deep that's fucking creepy and decadent.

Much of that beauty you sense in literature and the arts is merely a result of framing. Cultivate your faculties to aestheticize life around you, and you will experience art and literature with your every waking moment.

says you faggot

That is how it has always been, and, for the foreseeable future, will be, user. Heed those rightly celebrated words of Satan:

The Mind is its own place and in itself
Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

The trick is to see your life in the most compelling way you can: you cannot personally change the fundamental nature of reality, so it's your duty to change it within yourself. Yeats said that there exists another world, but it is within this one. I go one step farther: there exists another world, and it is in the great works of Man.

It's fiction, stupid. Nothing is ever as perfect, or bad as it is in lit.

Don't base your faggot life around it.

what a shallow point of view

>fiction written specifically to be beautiful and interesting can be more so than everyday life
Ya don't say. Next you'll tell me that the cats having sex outside your window don't sound like Bach.

I know what you mean, user. I never had a girlfriend until I was 18, so I missed out on innocent romance. All of my relationships have been centered on sex. Even the women seem to realize dates are just an excuse to end the night at my place. Sometimes I just want a night where we cook dinner together and have deep conversations about life and such all night, and that's what I envision in my ideal relationship. But whenever I try to make a date like that happen the girl just wants to fuck.

I've come to realize I just need close male friends with similar interests if I want that. I don't hate women, but you can't expect a lot from them. They can comfort a man like friends can't, and sex is good, but don't go expecting things to be like what you read. In fact, I doubt romance was ever that way; that's highly idealized.

>escapism is not like real life

Stop looking at life as a literary fantasy

This is why I don't like reading D. H. Lawrence. I want a great, devouring passion and retreat with someone, but everything feels stagnant and I'm an autist.

I was talking to a girl who was great at conversation but she kept pushing back the date we'd actually meet and eventually stopped responding to me

Felt bad man

What lit makes you feel this?

Every interesting girl I meet seems to have serious mental problems. Perhaps you lucked out.

Think she had daddy issues, which I know renders her someone that everyone warns against pursuing, but fuck I just wanted a gf

> complaining that women want to fuck him

Kill yourself.

>I was talking to a girl who was great at conversation but she kept pushing back the date we'd actually meet and eventually stopped responding to me

She didn't like you and realized you wanted to fuck her and she wasn't attracted to you so she cut you off.

Boom. Truthbomb. The fact that you were too autistic to figure this out on your own makes me wonder if you've ever been laid.

Nice work Sherlock. What do you think I felt bad about? I think you might be the autistic one if you couldn't infer from my post I'd realized this.

If I just wanted to fuck girls, I wouldn't bother dating someone. Getting laid isn't hard, but finding a girl worth spending time with is.

Well you thought she was "great at conversation" which shows you clearly were unaware of her subtle signals of trying to get you to fuck off and stop talking to her.

> man I'm so sick of these Ferraris I wish I had a Learjet, anyone else know this feel?

Literally what you sound like with your whining.

/thread

but to OP's credit it does bum me out sometimes

I meant that she could hold a conversation of substance, which you should have realized considering it was in response to a poster lamenting his inability to find women with whom he could have 'deep conversations about life and such.'

This is a literature board for Christ's sake, your reading comprehension should not be this poor.

youtube.com/user/TheFourQueens

>Sometimes I just want a night where we cook dinner together and have deep conversations about life and such all night

You won't get anywhere with that. Women like the idea of "having deep conversations". They don't actually care about the point, they're essentially reading from a script.

Maybe because you don't stick around long enough to develop deeper interactions? You can't expect people to open their souls up to strangers. Netflix is the new weather. If you really want "deeper" interactions get some friends with mental health issues. You'll have no shortage of depth.

It's not hard to have sex you little autist

>Boom. Truthbomb.
>he's the autistic one

Ahhhh I know exactly how you feel user. I have no shortage of friends but very rarely I can talk to them about some real shit, as opposed to straight-forward stuff like work, school, girls/sex etc. Idk how to find friends with good tastes in culture or interesting perspectives and ideas about life and mankind's issues. Sometimes I long for a deeper connection, however I'm kind of a pleb myself, and I also enjoy most of my "shallow" interactions. Talking about everyday shit helps me to get by

tfw you're seeing a cute girl that's ambitious and smart and actually does talk about these things

This

Ive had this feeling for a long time
Its been decades since I had friends close enough to talk about anything with
My life is basically a less entertaining version of a Dilbert comic
It gives me a feeling of unreality when I read some book with deep meaning and interpersonal dynamics and I go outside and it just seems so mechanistic and devoid of any feeling
I cant believe im in the same reality as those stories

I've only been able to have "deep" conversations with male friends. I don't have enough experience with women to know if it's possible with them, but I doubt it is for most.

I've come to realize that men and women have different utilities when it comes to conversation. I can talk about emotional shit with girls, share my ambitions and dreams, how I feel about certain things. With guys, its strictly centered on events and my impersonal opinion on those events. That can extend to deep things like philosophy and spirituality, but always in terms of the event itself, not my relation to them.

In other words, women focus on the noun, men focus on the verb. I tend to talk to women more online since there's less pressure on talking noun-wise, but pretty exclusively men irl since its much easier talking verb-wise.

Hmm, you may be right. Now that I think about it, my conversations with men rarely, if ever, delve into emotions.

You might just be a gay

Let's hope not.

Damn you fucked that nigga up