What's the Answer to this Puzzle?

I found this question on a website, and the site isn't even good enough to tell you the answer.

I also don't understand the point of insane IQ questions like this - there has GOT to be some special key to knowing how to answer these because nothing you can come up with by yourself makes any sense.

I tried mapping the patter of the moving 'hands'. Treating the directions as clocks and figuring out the 'time' differences. Seeing of any of the arms have a degree movement pattern, from either left to right, or right to left, etc.

It feels like I've tried everything, and then I gave up, and the ultimate insult, they wouldn't even tell me the right answer - let alone why, after I answered the question!

So I'm hoping one of you is familiar with this type of question and gave both give the answer, and the explanation.

I might be a brainlet, but even brainlets are curious and want to improve themselves, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could help this brainlet out.

Other urls found in this thread:

studymaster.org/iq_test.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, all of the grammatical errors in the above post are because I had to take a lot of medication. I'm not /that/ much of a brainlet usually. Just speaking/typing is a bit more difficult until they wear off.

Best guess is C. I think it goes by columns, and either adding the angles or subtracting the angles, whichever you have to do to get 0 < x , 180 degrees. Like a modulo division thing. 60 + 60 = 120; 150 - 60 = 90; 180 - 120 = 60.

I tried something like that, but it didn't work out for every case.

Did you manage a solve using that method? Maybe I screwed up.

Actually let me change my mind. You're probably right. What threw me off was not recognising the 150 angle. You have to be right. There is no other explanation.

And the up or down of the 60 must be determined by equation being negative in the last column.

i'm pretty sure everything's multiples of 30 degrees. top-left is 60, top-center is 150, top-right is 120.

Yah, you got it. Thanks user. That one bothered the heck out of me.

The explanation doesn't have to be grammatical. It seems that every single row and column has one "missing" characteristic. Left column has nothing to the right of the dot. Middle column has nothing to the left of the dot. Middle row has nothing above it. Top row has nothing to the top left and bottom right. Plausibly, bottom row has nothing to the top right?

Could be A or B,

>grammatical.

I mean fucking mathematical of fucking course.

>they wouldn't even tell me the right answer
Probably because there's not just one answer. iirc these tests usually have something like a wrong answer, an answer which satisfies one pattern, an answer which satisfies two, etc, as opposed to one right answer and everything else just being bullshit.

its A.
i have 140 iq

A and D have the same interior angle. If you're adding up angles (which you probably are), it can't be those if there's only one best answer. I'm gonna go for C. These aren't things which test your knowledge, it's more like a test of pattern recognition. Gut instinct is a viable strategy for taking IQ tests like this.

Also, if you weren't a brainlet you could also just reverse google image search and find that the answer is infact C.

moron? second row has two equal angles.

Yeah, but you can't have two right answers stupid. You can't bubble in "A and D" on a multiple choice exam. Go be a brainlet elsewhere.

who the fuck said its both a and d? its only A.

reverse google image search retard

>who the fuck said its both a and d? its only A.
read what I wrote, then read your reply.

>(Me) A and D have the same interior angle. If you're adding up angles (which you probably are), it can't be those if there's only one best answer.
>(You) second row has two equal angles.
How is the second line in any way shape or form a refutation of the first one?

youre really not getting this. you are wrong about adding angles.

studymaster.org/iq_test.php
bottom question
press A, B, or D and then submit the test: your score will be zero. Press C and submit the test. Score is not zero.

>"N-no, you just don't understand! No, no I'm not going to explain myself! Who cares if the answer key says I'm wrong!"
Thanks for dodging the question I gave you, then opting to feign smug confidence instead. Dunning-Kruger effect if I ever saw it.

you're really pathetic.

Better than being wrong.

i have a higher tested iq than you, being "wrong" on one random question is not much in the grand scheme loser

>i have a higher tested iq than you
The margin of error on most IQ tests is wider than 5

and if you were seriously unable to check the answer yourself, you probably actually have a sub 100 IQ

i am not going to go reverse image searching something on Veeky Forums and do trial and error to see if im right or wrong.
i have better things to do with my time

The OP mentioned a "key" or "method" for solving these types of questions.

I dont think finding the answer on the internet shows an ability to solve problems and puzzles like these.

The amount of time you've spent replying to me is longer than the amount of time it took me to find the answer. Go back to your debate classes and learn how to argue while the rest of us learn how to be right.

Being able to look it up isn't indicative of much, no, but being unable to look it up is indicative of a lot.

How do you know yours is higher? If you knew, why would you care? Talking about IQ is a waste of time; there are bigger and better things you could do with your brain.

good job. i would never be able to find the answer myself, youre right.

Kek no

>better things to do with my time
>like arguing on the internet about who has the highest iq

Veeky Forums on one monitor real work on another, post once then get a notification of some moron replying to me.

>setting up notifications to win internet arguments
top jej

>being this retarded
It's C obviously

You have 140 brain cells.

Logic that I used for C:

Each "hand" rotates clockwise a set amount across the row. In the first row, the hand originally pointing to the left rotates 270 degrees (same as 90 counter-clockwise) at each step. The other one rotates 180. In the second row, the left hand in the first image rotates 180 each time, the other one 300 (or 60 counter-clockwise, since it's easier to see mentally). Then, for the last both hands rotate 210 degrees clockwise (or 150 counter-clockwise).

Logic that I used for C:

Each "hand" rotates clockwise a set amount across the row. In the first row, the hand originally pointing to the left rotates 270 degrees (same as 90 counter-clockwise) at each step. The other one rotates 180. In the second row, the left hand in the first image rotates 180 each time, the other one 300 (or 60 counter-clockwise, since it's easier to see mentally). Then, for the last, the hand pointing 60 degrees above the horizontal rotates 210 clockwise (150 counter-clockwise) and the other hand rotates 240 clockwise (120 counter-clockwise) at each step.

The pattern that solves these types of questions must unambiguously generate a single exact answer, even if no choices were given, and the task was simply to draw the answer yourself. That is what is usually meant by "the best answer." This sort of explanation still leaves the possibility that any answer where the hands form a 60 degree angle is correct, regardless of their exact positions on the unit circle, so for example, the first two figures in the first column and the second figure in the second column would also fit this explanation, if they were given as answer choices.

This is a better explanation, because it directly shows that C is the only possible answer, regardless of what other answer choices are given.

digits confirm

>tfw deduced C

feels gud not bein' a brainlet

C, each part rotates by a fixed angle going left to right