Have you read The Invisibles? What did you think of it? Personally I think it's the greatest comic series there is

Have you read The Invisibles? What did you think of it? Personally I think it's the greatest comic series there is.

didn't Grant Morrison once say that "Flex Mentallo was going to be the Nietzche of the 90s"?

what the fuck happened?

is it like alan moore except not shit?

I haven't read The Invisibles yet (really the only signifcant Morrison project I haven't read), but the ending of Doom Patrol cut me deep.

Morrison mostly just pisses me off now, his weathered optimism is so infectious, but when the high wears off i'm a tad more numb than I was before.

Flex Mentallo is pretty much the opposite of Nietzche, not sure what he meant by that quote.

His writing seems more mature than Moore, but Moore probably has more technical skill.
I might be talking out of my ass on that though.

Fuck off with your comics.
This is a board for literature not shitty super hero

dumb anti-art poster

I do like The Invisibles but it gets a bit wearing after a while. It's been a while since I last re-read it but the plot meanders a lot; many of the minor plot arcs and the major plot arcs would have been better suited to being their own things and not all tagged together. The unifying idea is better than The Filth but The Filth is better in terms of being a concise story that doesn't get too far away from its central point.

It's art but it is of such a horrid and mediocre medium.
It's trash.
Seeing this thread on lit is like seeing a bunch of fast food reviews on ck.
Don't be like ck.
Keep your sub par drawings to yourselves.

Don't reply to obvious bait, mang, come on

Invisibles is good but kinda a period piece. Now everyone has jumped on the meta train, so it feels hackneyed.

I enjoyed Doom Patrol more

>Now everyone has jumped on the meta train, so it feels hackneyed.
You know you can appreciate art in retrospect, right? Just because some otaku can draw super high resolution photorealistic penises doesn't mean you can't enjoy the Sistine Chapel's ceiling.

>wasting time on comics

fuck off back to your board

>Don't be like ck.

Veeky Forums is one of the better boards here

>greatest comic series there is

Not in a long shot. I bet you haven't even touched the Europeans.

Grant Morrison is European you halfwit.

Oh boy, here come the Indieans. thread over.

Only Morrisom I red was his Batman which I didnt like all that much. Should I read his earlier stuff?

Why would you read any capes by anyone nigga

By that I mean the French, Italians, Germans, etc...

Crepax, Moebius, Druillet, Peellaert, Sergio Toppi, Milo Manara, Jacques Tardi, and all the other people who are masters of the form outside of English.

Try Flex Mentallo.
His Batman is great, but people have mixed opinions on it.

Do tell me what's categorically wrong with capes.

Funny way to spell Krazy Kat