Dostevsky is better than Tolstoy

>Dostevsky is better than Tolstoy.

Dropped.

War and Peace and Anna Karenina are just far superior than any of Dostoevsky's books. The only one that comes close is TBK.

i like em both.

War and Peace, more like BORE and Peace!

This. The war parts were just useless and completely boring.

TBK was better than anything Tolstoy wrote. But Anna Karenina was better than anything else Dostoevsky wrote.

Tolstoy is boring and predictable. Vronski rides a horse to death most obvious banal symbol ever. He could have ended the book there and we would have known anna was doomed. Dostoevsky is a billion times better. Orgies with bears, interesting cast of characters, complex polyphonic crises of faith, real violence, the rich and the poor, stinky dead saints, complexity. Tolstoy is just another realist.

What was it a symbol for?

Vronski riding anna to death with his selfishness. Not caring about those he uses to advance his needs.

Literally riding her to death, too. Awww yeah. No subtlety

>2k17
>still not understanding the significance of horses

Tolstoii is just so BORING

"Dislike him. A cheap sensationalist, clumsy and vulgar. A prophet, a claptrap journalist and a slapdash comedian. Some of his scenes are extraordinarily amusing. Nobody takes his reactionary journalism seriously. "

-Vladimir Nabokov on Fyodor Dostoevsky

fucking this brahs

Dosty has really deep themes

Tolstoy is just fucking balls and reddit shit with no intelligence and deepness

Dostoevsky IS better than Tolstoy though. Tolstoy isn't bad, but it's nothing compared to Dostoevsky's mastery. I bet you just read the translations and corn man's opinion.

Great post

samefag

You are pathetic.

late Tolstoy borders philosophy, especially the short stories

samefag

>literal cancer

great comeback

ah yes, pedophile man. the one we all should listen to. have you seen the guy's essay on anna karenina? the guy is fucking obsessed. he was just a fanboi, he even made a fucking section regarding the daily schedules of all of the main characters, and drew a shitty illustration of kitty's fuckin dress.

the guy was a pervert and a loser, and couldn't even write goodly. if you take his obviously satirical criticisms at face value, you won't see how genuinely idiotic he makes the entire body of literary criticism look.

Steer clear?

doesn't raskolnikov have a dream about a horse being beaten to death? also, did nietzsche die before or after those references?

he died in 1923

says here he suffered the horse breakdown in 1889, and died at 1900. crime and punishment was 1866, so it's safe to say that the concept of the horse being beaten as driving a man insane was already a meme. i wonder if freddy read crime and punishment and saw the horse and everything clicked?

>Tolstoy is boring and predictable

yawn. Go ahead to reddit. This board is for patricians, not imbeciles such as one as yourself.

Are you really trying to say disliking Tolstoy with such an idiotic argument ( it was boring ) is patrician?... This is Facebook tier user, you're who needs to go back.

Nietzsche only read Demons, Humiliated and Insulted, and Notes From the Underground in French translations.

I found Anna Karenina really boring and didn't bother with more than like 15%. W&P was great though, I don't know how anyone could say it's boring. It has fucking Napoleon.

source?