Is he, dare I say it, our guy?

Is he, dare I say it, our guy?

I read the first book, was a big fan. Has anyone read the others? I live in the middle of nowhere so need to order books (which is expensive and takes time), need to know if it's worth reading the others or if they go down in quality. Anyone finished 'My Struggle' and have any feedback?

He's got nice hair.

Isn't he slaying? How could her be our guy?

Because not everyone on Veeky Forums (a hugely popular website) are fucking virgin losers like you.

When will this meme end, for fuck sake?

not him but i really don't think its a meme. you can't really deny that there's a relatively high proportion of "virgin losers" on Veeky Forums. including me

the meme will never end. don't fight it

No there isn't, and yes I can deny it. Show me proof as in statistics that that is the case. They're just a vocal minority and this is the only place they can openly speak on it without being criticised. Fuck off virgin loser. If you're a virgin, it's pretty much guaranteed that you have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say, so why are you on Veeky Forums?

How is it so hard for you guys to find an uggo thot to fuck you?

>uggo thot
Speak English, you fucking monkey.

Sorry, my Australian colloquialism is showing.

Uh, "ugly, dumb, slut".

Thot isn't an Australian colloquialism, you fucking idiot.
It's a word that originated on a video set of a rap video in Chicago, you're just a fucking low IQ pleb who has to consume and regurgitate every new slang term that comes around, even if it contributes to the destruction of the English language. The irony of all of this of course, is that you're posting on a literature image board.

Fuck off back to that other site you came from, you cunt.

Other virgin loser reporting.

I have no license, no job, I live in a shitty area, I deal with constant depression and debilitating anxiety, I can't relate to 98% of people, and I dropped out of high school. Naturally I blame it on my parents doing next to nothing but barely feeding me as far as parenting. Enjoy you're life because it is not so easy for some people.

alright m8 whatever. cbf arguing talking with people like you. we'll agree to disagree.

>inb4 "he gave up so i won the argument"
its the internet lol

in all seriousness though it really would be better for you if you didnt get so upset about an anime image board.

no hard feelings lad

nah never really cared enough. if it happens it happens

I would say sex not nessesary, but it does help a lot with developing.

All excuses.
Blame your parents all you want, it's your life you are wasting. Heard it all before and it's all bullshit self obsession.

I don't care about "winning", when did I say I did, or even imply it? Nothing is won, you fucking cunt.
I can't stand people like you who have to jump on very new trend and regurgitate endlessly and blindly. You contribute nothing to anything anyway so oh well.
>You didn't get upset
Are you so sensitive that you think I'm upset because I called you a naughty word and pointed out how much of a fucking moron you are?

k

he is pleb

help me senpai, I don't want to end up like Charles Crumb

They are excuses but the fact that they are doesn't mean they don't effect me. I would love to please my parents and be a respectable member of society, but my experiences have caused me to be a terrible person. Either that or I have always been this way. So I ask you, how does something broken fix anything? I will always be using myself to fix myself which so far, has not worked.

You can sit on your high horse and look down your nose at my condition, but if you had my life you would be in the same place I am.

For example in Africa there are kids who at a young age are forced to kill their parents by what are essentially raiders. They become so messed up by this experience that they do drugs their whole life and become the monsters that made them. This is clearly an extreme example but it's to exaggerate the point. The child is made by what his experiences are. Even when they are saved and people try to cure their psychological issues, it is soon called hopeless.

I am not giving up, but don't call anything that is so much a hauntingly real part of someone's life bullshit as if I just don't get it.

Ever considered therapy?

As I said, all self obsession and excuses. Thanks for proving my point.

You have no fucking "condition", you simply are fucked up because you are fucked up. Part of it is due to experience, the rest is down to personal choices and inaction. I don't want to get in to the whole "is it my fault" thing, because it would take too long to iron out the misconceptions and there is no way either one of us could know for sure anyway, due to the science being limited in that regard.

You can keep making comparisons to African children all you want, but it will not change your circumstances. You can try to shift the blame for your own failures all you want, but it will not change the end result.

I've met people who have undoubtedly had worse lives than you, and they managed to pull themselves together and go on to do great things. If you genuinely cannot do this, whether by refusal or whatever, then it is probable that you have weak genes and it is over for you. If so, your time is up, as is your bloodline that has existed since the dawn of man and it will ALL be your fault, make no mistake.

You are beginning to seem really contradictory, but as you've stated there is no way to know the exact truth so I won't bother turning this into some philosophical debate.

Blame seems to be a misconception here for a strange reason though. Is it my fault that my genes are bad, so I would fail to become respectable, or the fault of my inheritance? It seems to me that part of the problem is in calling me separate from that which I am made of in the first place. I am my experiences and my inheritance which is essentially saying there is no I that can act without those influences. "I" is a tool of language...etc. I don't want to start sounding like some spiritual psued but you get my point.

That point though brings me back to this. It is not my fault, it is not my experiences fault, but it is the shared fault of everything-which fault then becomes practically meaningless- that has made me what can pragmatically be called inferior.

You assume I am saying this as an excuse so that I will not have to bear responsibility for my future. This is where you have misunderstood me. I merely am explaining why you have come out as more effective as me. And let me tell you, that is not your fault either. Regardless, I work towards a brighter future with the cross I bear, but the load is heavy and I may not be able to pick up enough pace to find my spot in society before I lose all speed anyway .

Tell me why I'm wrong and I'll be very delighted to break free of this obviously circular and twisted logic.

I guess I made it a philosophical debate anyway, but I guess I meant I won't immaturely call you on unimportant holes in your statements.

This. The redditor invasion in this board is quite disheartening

Met him at our literature house (I live in Norway like him)

He's a handsome bastard

>Goes to litteraturhuset
Ultimate nu-male detected.

Great thread once again.

I've only read A Time to Every Purpose Under Heaven, but it captivated me even though I've no particular interest in the original biblical stories. It was mainly his prose, the way one sentence seamlessly lead into the next, which kept me reading.

Really good, can recommend him for anyone

YOU are yourself, obviously. It's not a matter of "is it my fault?", as I've already stated.
If you have shitty genes, then that is simply the way it is. It does not fucking matter whether or not you deserve to have them, or whether you should take responsibility for them... it is not up for debate because you simply have to take responsibility regardless.

It probably does have holes in because as I said, it would take hours to iron out all of the common misconceptions, etc. If you genuinely want to discuss it then refrain from point scoring. It's like calling someone out because they made a spelling error.

>That is not your fault either
There is literally no way you can know this for certain.

Anyway, I wish I could help you, honestly, I do. I figured out before that the only way to help someone really is by being close to them physically and essentially forcing them to reset a lot of things they have learnt over the years. No advice from the internet or text block will help you, if you truly seek help and not just debate.

There is nothing that can be said that won't come across to you as "just be yourself bro!", so it is truly pointless to try, to be honest.

>it is truly pointless to try, to be honest.

I mean to explain and discuss change as opposed to acting on what you've put forward and discussed.

>Show me proof as in statistics that that is the case

>Lots of boards for losers like /pol/, /mlp/, /r9k/.
>No boards for couples.

Book 2 is even better.

Currently halfway through book 3, which isn't as good as the first two but still pretty good. Lots of talk about shitting and exploring the woods.

The loser hivemind in the internet is a thing and if you deny it you're just way too delusional to see it

In Veeky Forums you read all the time words like "depression" and "anxiety". And in the way I see it, they are candy, they get thrown around like candy and they are used as such, its a small treat for the lazy fuckers out there trying to justify their behavior, its a pat on the back from other people in the same situation that says "hey its alright to be shitty, here look I'm shitty as well" I highly doubt that 90% of the people who claim to be depressed on the internet are actually clinically depressed.

But let me tell you something that maybe your parents didn't care to tell you while you were growing up, life is what you make of it, for better or for worse. Every human alive has had hardships of some sort, and trying to compared them is the most unintelligent shit to do, it doesn't matter if its a rich kid having an existential crisis or a poor kid struggling to stay alive, the decisions you make is what makes you a good person, the way you act and not how it turns out. If you stopped looking at yourself for a moment and looked around to other people you'd see that all the time.

Make an experiment right now, as you're reading this you can choose to be a cynical little bitch and dismiss it like bullshit or you can take 30 seconds to think about it seriously and chose to be different, go look yourself in the mirror, smile and lie to yourself. Say "I'm good right now, I can do something different." and go do something different, even if its just a walk around the block to clear your mind, exercise is good for the head, even if half way through it you feel like a dumbass for doing it, at least for the first time in a long time you are already doing something different from just digging yourself into a deeper hole. If you manage to lie to yourself for long enough, eventually that smile will be a sincere one and you will be legitimately good, and thats how you live life, sure smiles can't last forever you gotta have a little bad time here and there but the important thing is controlling yourself and holding the reins of your life. Even if shit happens you at least try to keep control.

I read half of the first book. I don't know, I wouldn't call it YA exactly, but I wouldn't call it a bildungsroman either, or maybe I would, just not a really great one (so far)

Second one is good, but I haven't read any more

I disagree with you. I'm willing to bet the majority are losers at the very least.

Does anyone have that 'what I expected what I got' pic of him cleaning

The first half is mostly just framing his relationship with booze and his father.

You can tell he didn't get laid in highschool

Considering he discusses his sexual adventures in highschool, I'm not sure what your post indicates, other than you haven't read My Struggle.

ive also been looking for this

But he didn't have sex in highschool. In #4 he says he eas 18 and still a virgin.

>#1 is very good
>#2 is quite good
>#3 is very boring, but the last 50 pages are great
>#4 is as good as #2 so far

I'm 200 pages in #4. Anyone read all of them?

This doesn't mean anything.
Maybe back in 2007 it was the case, but it certainly isn't now. It's simply just old reputation stuck with the site.

Politicians post here.
Billionaires post here.
Comedians post here.
Musicians post here.

Disagree all you want. See above. This isn't 2007 or earlier anymore. It's simply a vocal minority, and it's also funny. There are probably people who claim to be loser virgins for comedic effect on this site. It's almost embedded within the culture of the site, but it's simply not true anymore.

It's self obsessed bullshit, but he's a likeable guy because anyone can relate to him in some way. Look at who makes up the audience when he speaks at events, etc. This tells you all you need to know about his work.

i didn't know dave grohl writes books lmao