Why isn't Against the Day discussed more, even though it is Mr Pynchon's supreme masterwork?

Why isn't Against the Day discussed more, even though it is Mr Pynchon's supreme masterwork?

Is this part of the general prejudice against late Pynchon, which is miles ahead of his autistic early works? Does autism cause Veeky Forums to favour books like Gravity's Rainbow and V?

Pynchon is shit and you're shit for liking him.

retard

I read Gravity's Rainbow because Veeky Forums unironically loved it back in 2014.
I'm still trying to catch up to late Pynchon, currently reading Mason and Dixon. If you tried to meme Against the Day, Vineland and Inherent Vice as hard as Gravity's Rainbow, Bleeding Edge (post-Pynchon?) and to a lesser extent Mason and Dixon were memed, then maybe you'd have more people to discuss them with.

Edgy pleb alert.

retard
retard

Where to start with Pynchon?

I don't really have much interest in the 60's.

>I don't really have much interest in the 60's.

Then you will never understand Pynchon.

nigger wtf are you talking about. Mason and Dixon is his masterwork.

So something like Bleeding Edge would fall flat? Even though it takes place in more modern times.

Pynchon's attitudes are so entrenched in the 60s that you wouldn't even understand that book.

So Pynchon is for 60 year old pseudointellectuals
got it.

As opposed to your towering intellect, I presume?

It's too meaty for the common literary pseud.

thanks, Veeky Forums

Thematically it's a clusterfuck, it never manages to live up to the title thesis.

The last ~400 pages are pure garbage.

this picture is shopped. that's not pynchon

Pynchon doesnt exist

>Why isn't Against the Day discussed more

its his longest

> Is this part of the general prejudice against late Pynchon,

GR is a masterpiece, but BE and IV are very, very good. Top 5 of 21st century, easy. Middle section of Vineland is retarded.

He's not a fucking hippy, you retards. Inherent Vice and Vineland pretty much BTFO'd the entire 60s left.

it's him except they made him balding when he wasn't, and then passed if off as "an estimation" of what he would look like, when clearly the dude who drew it had seen him IRL

CHUMS OF CHANCE m8.

AtD is his comfiest book.

hi bookchemist

Ah, the pride in mediocrity makes an appearance.