ITT: Cancer

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/mach/science/universe-conscious-ncna772956
youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc
reddit.com/r/television/comments/6bi4ho/i_think_im_done_with_bill_nye_his_new_show_sucks/dhn89le/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

state why or fuck off

>stop liking popular things even if they are factually correct

Same reason as Bill.

This

This, OP is the only cancer here

>fellow humans

this thread

here you go Ca... Op

>Kurzgesagt is based and promots, in a non autistic way, science.

Weird thread. Veeky Forums always fucking HATED Kurzgesag a few years ago. Now there's people clamoring to defend it.

Too many normie brainlets on Veeky Forums now.

apologies for not being your fucking personal army then
their videos tend to be cringe when they try to push something political, otherwise they are alright for a layman

>apologies for not being your fucking personal army then

Not sure what you are implying really.

>otherwise they are alright for a layman

It is just popsci crap, but not the worst, thankfully. I suppose it is okay if you are drunk or under 8yo.

ITT: red flags
>channel has a round earth logo

The way they present their information and the production quality that goes into their videos sets the apart from everyday popsci bullshit.

Now, are you ready for some rizeal everyday popsci bullshit?

nbcnews.com/mach/science/universe-conscious-ncna772956

It seems like science presentations designed for very young minds. That means some adults might be able to follow along.

Do me a solid and give all the cancer cells sad faces and the others happy faces.

Haven't you noticed the ammount of shills since the exodus 2 years ago? Veeky Forums is basically tumblr now.

Which makes tumblr the new 9gag.
9gag the new reddit, reddit the new ifunny
and ifunny the new cancer.

whats the new ebaumsworld, ytmnd, gaiaonline, etc

I doubt anyone actually learns anything from these videos.

>"Hey dudes I don't want to learn about actual science, but I like to intellect signal to my friends that I fucking love science by sharing kurzgesagt, AJ+ and VOX videos. hey did I mention that Bill Nye They Science Goy and Neil "Black Science Man" Tyson Degrasse are my idols."

that's why I went to (4*2)CHAN, traffic might be lower, but you'll mostly find oldfags there.

See Like most things, they are just made to make science more popular among youth. They shouldn't be taken serious like r/science.

>mfw their recent automation video

Oh yeah, who is YOUR favorite scientist, faggot?

user doesn't need no steenking science. He's got (4*2)chan.
Except that he's here.

>I fucking hate newfags
>I guess I'll just go to 8chun and be a newfag there myself
isthisfagforreal.jpg

If you're a practicing scientists then you don't like this shit. Us real scientists are out in the lab looking at water in a telescope and grabbing our nuts.

I don't understand, what in the world is wrong with popsci, as long as it's presenting - if dumbed down - but still factually correct information?

>still grasping onto cripplechan
come on now bro, let it go.

>Everything I disagree with isn't REAL science.
>If you disagree with me you're obviously anti-science!
Dear god.

>that's why I went to (4*2)CHAN, traffic might be lower, but you'll mostly find oldfags there.
So why are you still posting here?

It's not factually correct.

What's right with it? Also fuck you faggot, and fuck the OP. You are all scum.

Kurzgesagt is generally factually accurate, care to provide proof to the contrary?

does not fit in my world view

ok wow. This is the first thing I looked up:

youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc

They just outright lie and make a lot of assumptions just to sex up the video.

In reality, probability says that we are inside of a giant black hole right now and that's why we haven't make contact with the rest of the universe-- because we physically can't.

>In reality, probability says that we are inside of a giant black hole right now and that's why we haven't make contact with the rest of the universe-- because we physically can't.

Ebin

what are some kino science channels
i'll start: that guy who sounds like elmer fudd

everything, you're a brainlet so you don't undderstand

No. We haven't made contact with anybody else because:
- there probably isn't anybody else
- do you realize how big the fucking universe is?
- even if there were aliens out there, they probably rose and fell millions or billions of years ago, or won't rise until long after we are gone
- do you realize the odds of intelligent, technologically advanced alien life developing at the right time, within a reasonable distance as to eventually contact humanity?

It will never happen. We might find alien life, but we will never find intelligent alien life.

Actually the odds very high precisely because universe is so vast.
Odds are there are many spacefaring civilizations around already.

Okay, you have a point. Lets say there are a million different alien civilizations in the universe (very optimistic btw). That still makes the odds of ever encountering one extremely extremely low. and again you have to consider the element of time.

My pet theory is that "God" is actually an alien from a species that has already achieved time travel.

>My pet theory is that "God" is actually an alien from a species that has already achieved time travel.
>Believing in time travel unironically

You do not understand what time is. "time" is not a physical thing that exists, no matter how many physics memes you've been fed. "Time" is just how we interpret the positive loop of space perturbations causing other space perturbations. To travel in "time" would be to rearrange the entire universe's contents.

uh... something something black holes

>alright for a layman
see, that's where you fucked up. Veeky Forums hates laymen, they believe that if you haven't mastered physics, chemistry, biology, and math, then you are a brainlet. pop sci videos for the layman? No - garbage for normie brainlets

>i don't understand probability
>I don't understand the speed of light

Popsci literally has nothing at all to do with actual science. You want to see what real science is like? Here. This is what real science is like. The only real difference between branches of actual science are the instruments the scientists use. Like for astronomy you'd see the same scene only they'd be sitting around computers and weird looking electronics. Most of the work is "paper work" past that point. If you want to go outside, you'll need something with field work. Like geology, archeology, or botany, but don't expect to get any field time with those either.

Popsci has distorted the view of actual science so much that it is pretty much unrecognizable to most people. Which leads directly to shit comments like this: Wow, someone who actually understands.

I was wondering, taking into account that cancers tend to be high sugar consumers it means that they need heavy vascularization... would that mean that cancer incidence in our bodies is higher than it seems but only those that also produce the required hormones to vascularize are the ones that grow and cause problems?

>generally

smooth

Please, explain to me how my supposed lack of understanding of probability and concept of light speed means I'm wrong about aliens.

>mfw the subjects I prefer have little to no popsci bullshit
Good day to be interested in Miocene apes.

This.

Why does Veeky Forums see "pop sci" in such a negative light? What's wrong with Kurzgesagt or Neil Tyson? They promote science and scientific thinking. Sounds pretty good to me.

Haha... Nerd

something something he is right, black holes dont allow time travel to the past. Infaling object will just appear frozen in time to distan observer, there is no time travel to the past only time dilation.

>stop telling people the truth about things in an easy to understand way.

yeah no. Its unfortunate that the multinational corporate propaganda and religion that you base your cosmology around is so easily rebutted with Kurzgesagt videos but c'est la vie.

fuck off

They think science is "muh sekrit club" and want to discourage people from actually learning because it might show that any brainlet can get into STEM if they applied themselves.

>smart people are mad that dumb people learn things that the smart people know.

No one doesn't want you to learn about things.

if your definition of scientific thinking is what nerd culture is to virgin neckbeards living in their parents basement

why are so many people triggered by OP? kurzgesagt is full of bullshit

Read this: reddit.com/r/television/comments/6bi4ho/i_think_im_done_with_bill_nye_his_new_show_sucks/dhn89le/
I know it's plebbit, but I am too lazy to spoon feed you right now or to find a better article that is still accessible to faggots like you.

Nobody here likes Bill Nye. The rest is just butthurt ramblings about normies rreeeeeee

I think you haven't read the highlighted post.
It isn't just about Bill Nye; pop-science in general creates a dogmatic view of science akin to cults and religions.

You mean the top-most reply? Yeah, extremely butthurt because normies don't appreciate science properly.

>hey guys check out this great channel with totally unbiased educational videos based on actual science xD

FAKE NEWS REEEE