Warp drive

Would it be possible, if so how would you go about making one

Theoretical is still Theoretical.

>Trows Fidget Spinner in space

>Warps space and time

I would use 1000 different filaments.

We need to figure out worm holes, dark matter and dark energy first my dude

>how would you go about making one
if anyone here, or anyone in general had an answer to this, they would be fucking making it

First we have to understand if negative energy is real or not.

the problem, is that it is still too slow.

if the solar system is our house. then warp drive can only get us to the main street our neighborhood is off of, and our neighborhood is only a few dozen houses.

Why would we need to do that? Warp drives would work in GR wouldn't they

>the problem, is that it is still too slow.
What are you basing that on?

Absolutely nothing, this shit could get us to Andromeda in minutes. It has a hard speed limit but it's fucking up there.

from what I have read. the hard speed limit is 10 times the speed of light. which means in a human life time you are going to get about 800 light years.

the milky way is 100,000 by 3000 light years.

I don't want to argue with quads, but why would you want to travel to another galaxy within a human lifetime?
Also stasis sleep could solve that

I lulled.
I feel incredibly guilty.
But I lolled.

sure bro, just let me grab some negative mass from my backyard, we going to pluto 'yo.

>Would it be possible

No.

>how would you go about making one

You'd need "negative mass", a concept that is meaningless in physics.

>HURR dis culd got u there in meenuts
>DURR y u want go dere in decades???

B-but.. we discovered negative mass, and Black Science Man Tyson says it's important!

Did we?

Would GEM do the job, if we could enhance the effect? I know there's some rotating torus that's supposed to cause reaction less propulsion, but I have no idea if you need to provide continuous energy to the system.

We made a virtual particle that acts like negative mass. Interesting but useless.

>:3

>Useless

Now begins the true meme

He's right though.

The negative mass needs to work relative to the entire universe, not just within a material.

I don't think these people can help us.

Maybe we can learn something from it?