youtube.com/watch?v=j4m3AJamQYM
youtube.com/watch?v=3_i7wELTVi0
youtube.com/watch?v=j4m3AJamQYM&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=pZRFIAAlchY
youtube.com/watch?v=mNgqpkZMjiw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The upcoming generation is one person.

In Japan it probably will be.

I wonder sometimes if there's a silent majority of people like us in the humanities who are sick and tired of the way our field of study has been spat on and degraded by literally everyone.

If there isn't then humanities departments won't exist in five years. Society won't be able to handle the amount of emotionally stunted children that they're churning out.

I swear studying English is like being surrounded by single mothers, who aren't content with you just not criticizing their legions of gay brown trans children, but expect you to fawn over their every mediocre achievements. "Wow, little Leila managed to write a Muslim Jane Eyre? That's the most incredible thing I ever heard! How on EARTH did she come up with that? You must be so so proud of her!" and so on and so on.

Japmanlets on suicide watch

Literally ahaha

The craft of writing moved out the academy in the aughties. The craft of reading moved out in the 90s. I recently looked up the faculty page at my old school, and the masters and close readers are all gone. Nothing but social marxists, as far as the eye can see.

But consider this. There are still people who play the harp, and the harpsichord. Grand pianos still exist. So does the Texas competition. Even ballet and opera still maintain their existence. This spasm will pass. We're just one re-write of Title IX away from a literary renaissance.

>giving a shit about anything other than James Joyce's complete works

jump into a fucking volcano

Nice Lowry reference. Legit sophisticated

Lmao, I read "Islam poetry".

it's only redeeming value is that it's no worse than the shit i read in my intro lit class, e.g. william carlos williams.

shit me too

I can imagine it's going to be the next genre

>the upcoming generation will know nothing
so what grampa! we just aminals anyways. u jeliss? lmao

We're next

cuck

WCW is great, fuck you. Pound thought so too, and i doubt you're pickier than he is.

the fuck is slam poetry

Literally the lowest form of art. Its what you do when you want to get guaranteed attention when you have neither the talent or will to develope other skills.

Fuck yeah I loved Nitro. Pound confirmed for bro.

The lowest form of art is Veeky Forums posts.

Does it involve minorities? It seems like something that would involve minorities.

spoken word scene populated by middle class beta nu-male and feminist sjws in their teens and early 20s.

Yes, it's a renaissance of oral poetry where the skill is in how it is delivered and breathed, which for some reason is not a consideration of poetry to shut-ins who forget the first rule of the written word.

Veeky Forums posts are unironically more worthwhile for the world than slampoetry

Haha, no.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, sit down, and learn. OK???

(It's not my responsibility to teach you.)

youtube.com/watch?v=j4m3AJamQYM

mashallah my brother
the ummah is getting stronger ya allah
youtube.com/watch?v=3_i7wELTVi0

Not even memeing, the average post here has the potential to make people laugh, educate people or simply let someone vent honest frustration or opinions. May not happen often but it does happen.
Slam poetry benefits no one. I've yet to see a single example that isn't garbage and unlike shitposts they don't occupy only a few seconds of your time.

Worst Veeky Forums post I've ever read.

>the declining generation knew nothing about poetry outside of Allen Ginsberg
>Milton's generation liked Paradise Lost only because it confirmed their frankly cruel religious beliefs (in fact they could barely handle the fact that it rhymed not)
>Homer's generation liked his poems only because it maid brief reference to their great-grandaddies

I'm with you with the whole hatred of modern life thing, but don't be fooled into believing that life before now was any better than it is now. Indeed, in regard to simple things like physical comfort, it was way worse. Greatness and spiritual fulfillment have always been the business of just a few in the world at any given time.

only because they MADE*

Boy do I feel dumb, trying to sound smart as I was.

Ginsberg is dogshit and where poetry started going downhill so you're correct on that

The other answers sound like rabid poltards so I'll try to give a more objective description. It's a genre of poetry meant to be performed at poetry slams, mostly written by amateurs, has no traditional rhythmic elements and concerns itself with problems of modern life, such as racism and other social issues, internal struggles etc. I'd also rather die of ebola than hear/read such a poem ever again and every slam "poet" deserves to be crucified.

>tfw chemistry postgrad and all my peers are emotionally stunted positivists

It's pretty far from art my man.

Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, yes. Bane threads are less predictable than slam poetry.

Slam poetry is what happens when you tell inner city niggers and muslims that they are all artists with something important to say.

t b h that is so true f a m

>duplicate file detected
I'm proud of you, user

youtube.com/watch?v=j4m3AJamQYM&spfreload=10

trigger warning senpai this one's a bit of a touchy subject

you beat me to it user

on a side note, if anyone speaks french enjoy listening to another one of her poems which will make your ears burn. I thought she was speaking in hebrew for the whole poem until halfway through when I realised. It's that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=pZRFIAAlchY

No
youtube.com/watch?v=mNgqpkZMjiw

No, poetry doesn't have any redeeming value.

>star of david
Why is this always the first thing I notice?

Holy fuck is that irritating.

One of the hardest things for me to figure out post-adolescence was a coherent worldview that could make sense of the dire state of the contemporary arts without falling into cornball reactionary garbage like this post.

When you grow up let us know how that turned out.

EPIC
B
U
R
N