Grades don't measure intelligence, they measure obedience!

>grades don't measure intelligence, they measure obedience!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gurdon
youtube.com/watch?v=EvmED6XH-3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CzyPN8-AbJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>school doesn't give you "real" knowledge

>work hard on every homework assignment like a good boy
>still struggle keeping up because you're a bit of a brainlet
>frogpost on Veeky Forums
Keep your head up OP, you can get places with hard work alone even if your brain doesn't work so well

Grades ideally reflect how well you understand and retain material covered in a course. That says nothing about intelligence.

In schools where you're given tons of piss easy busy work just to keep you occupied that is a valid assessment.

You're just buttblasted because you wasted your most powerful developmental years on brainlet shit instead of reading textbooks at the edges of your knowledge/understanding.

Universities are much better at this but that's largely because TAs and profs are so busy with other shit that the less work they give you means the less time they have to waste grading brainlets.

t. "smart but lazy" NEET

Those people are idiots too. I'm not lazy, I just didn't waste my time on that shit. Instead I would ditch and spend the time studying. I got shitty grades but took some courses at a CC during high school to establish a high GPA and the Universities I applied to never even bothered to look at my high school marks (not to mention I entered as a transfer student with a bunch of courses already taken care of and without having to do any of the expensive shit they require freshman do).

Admit it user, you got memed.

>grades measure intelligence

>being Asian

literally me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gurdon

Good boy OP, you got all A's on your report card! Now run home to your daddy and impress him.

Nobody cares about your grades after you graduate. Maybe for your first job.

If you don't have at least a 3.8 without studying, you're brainlets.

Accept it.

>if you don't get good grades, you are not smart

Grades measure obedience!

Rebel Goy!

Be a Good Obedient Slave Goy!

If you don't wanna obey I'll give you Shitty Grades.

>start the semester slacking off, pursuing my own young intellectual interest
>get a few bad grades because teachers think they can't give us a good reasonable class
>start studying on my own to balance my grades and not fail
>my brain enters not fail mode: subjects suddenly become interesting, I dig them deep and relentlessly
>peers not even on my depth, I notice how they don't care about this stuff, they just superficially cover it all like the pathetic zombies they decided to be
>I start to notice how superficial and sophistic the teachers themselves are
>a conflict between science itself versus these people starts to cook in my head
>'This happened before!'
>end up digging too deep, as they say, teachers and peers start to hate me, the grades end up between average and good
>these people refuse to participate in honest interesting pursue, they refuse to acknowledge your intelligence and passion, I ask myself "If they can't recognize intelligence itself, are they not intelligent?"
>you start to get interested on the psyche of these soulless creatures: you see how much they study to learn simple stuff, you see how socially competitive they are, their lies start to melt like warm butter
>you go out of your way to meet a teacher who used to get top grades, and I really mean the best grades, only to find out how intellectually lacking he is. This was the last straw: top grades are a lie, they signify desperate effort. A bunch of A+ people are a bunch of desperate people who you would NOT want to work with.
>you finally realize that top grades indicate retardation

>grades are an objective measure of intelligence
no one believes that. grade inflation is real and 95% of the people who you think are smart for getting good grades are getting double and triple redos on assignments.

>had a 3.77

well fuck

Disappointing semester results then?

they are arbitrary at best to the number of students divided by will there of.
you cannot prove intelligence you must perceive it.

The only letters that matter are letters of recommendation.

you cant deny that there are people who just want to get good grades and pass with flair instead of actually learning the material

i see people who the first thing they do is to get old exams and rehearse just the type of exercises in the exams, and dont even read the book, in other words theyre excellent at doing exams

at any rate, you gotta give it to them, theyre clever

Also they measure if the female prof in your 2000 level humanities elective likes you enough to give you the grade you earned or if the she only liked you enough to give you the letter grade below it

did you noticed that Good Grades stands for GG? And you definitely know what that means if you game online.

>tfw literally me

this is the best way to do well. i don't understand what i'm doing at all, i just learn the process for answering questions. i've got friends who spend hours trying to understand derivations, concepts and the reasoning behind things. can't help but think it's an in inefficient use of time. the professor's not gonna know the difference between my answer and theirs.

If you truly understand the material then more power to you, i just don't have the time/interest

t. 3.8 gpa

I've learned that grades don't really show how much you know about a subject.

In a couple classes i studied a lot more than my classmates, and the exam ended up being easy as fuck, almost 80% of the class got A, and they knew a lot less about the class than me.

In another class, I did did a perfect exam, but the professor "doesn't give As" and gave me a B.

Some teachers will give you less score if they don't like you.
It's frustrating as fuck that even if you study and know a lot about the class, you will get a bad grade because the professor is a dick.

Grades measure conscientiousness + intelligence.

>In another class, I did did a perfect exam, but the professor "doesn't give As" and gave me a B.
this should be punishable by death.
>Some teachers will give you less score if they don't like you.
100% true, especially in subjective grading areas.
>It's frustrating as fuck that even if you study and know a lot about the class, you will get a bad grade because the professor is a dick.
i feel you user. i have a perfect GPA with 1 C in physics 2. the teacher was by far the worst piece of shit ive ever met, i dont know how one can have such a high opinion of one's self without having any accomplishments other than rewriting a textbook to sell as your own. jesus fuck even thinking about that class makes me pissed. anxious, and sleepy all at the same time

nah grades measure how much you have your shit together. ie how much you can perform to a deadline, like for buisness and projects and stuff, yano?

t.regretful stoner burnout

Grades measure intelligence and obedience at the same time. Find a way to get paid for doing what you enjoy.

Look that's only half true. Anecdote incoming, but I failed half my classes in hs because I couldn't be fucked to attend. But when I did bother to actually do the work, I got an ATAR of 99.95 even though I was barely trying. You have to be both intelligent AND hard working to succeed.

>School isn't a place for sm*burp*art people mordy

That police officer could be in a Tom of Finland drawing and it wouldn't stand out

nobody ever says that

more like
>A+
>B
>C-
>smart but lazy

more like length x girth

Is this a new meme?
So all one has to do is put the truth in greentext next to a funny looking frog and it will get attention?

>nasa are freemason frauds
>nasa means deception in hebrew
>if you still trust their 'scientific cosmology' after watching this, you may be indoctrinated
>youtube.com/watch?v=EvmED6XH-3Y
>youtube.com/watch?v=CzyPN8-AbJQ

Git gud? I fail to see the connection

So all those cheating international students at my university must be really smart then, right?